Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket exhaust thread...again. Center Resonator?.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 06:40 PM
GladiatorOwner is on a distinguished road
Aftermarket exhaust thread...again. Center Resonator?.

Anyone just replace section 2 (center resonator) with Xpipe and keep everything else stock? If so, what's your setup and what were the results....

Drone, no drone, less lag, improved exhaust sound or....

Old 08-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Gelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really nice
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner
Anyone just replace section 2 (center resonator) with Xpipe and keep everything else stock? If so, what's your setup and what were the results....

Drone, no drone, less lag, improved exhaust sound or....
Glad - I forgot what car you had. I have a '14 PTT with Sport Exhaust. I just replaced the DP's with Fabspeed and love it!

It's fantastic and doesn't drone at all. When I have the sport exhaust off, it's sounds the same. When I turn sport exhaust on, it's about 30% louder! Love it!!!! Not to mention the extra HPs....

Old 08-07-2014, 07:09 PM
I have a '12 PTT without the PSE. I have researched the hell out of this and still cannot figure out the right move....

Just trying to figure out if I go xpipe and it's not enough then is it a set of Meister/tubi/etc. since I have no valves on my stock setup. Eliminating center resonator may take me in an expensive direction which I'm trying to avoid! Ha

Old 08-07-2014, 07:15 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
I don't have the sport on my tt and xpipe was OK. Took it off. I'd use that money like I did just ordered the valve meiser the vids on vivids site has the center resonator still on and it's loud and mean. Can't wait. I think once the turbos are swapped and pushing 700 it will be louder. My 2 cents. Use that 1500 towards meiser. Fyi. It's gonna take 4 weeks to build and get here call vivid put a deposit down.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:19 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Can always add it after the mufflers if it's not loud enuff that's my thoughts but I think it will be fine the stock mufflers will never get the growl I wantd

Old 08-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Gelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really nice
Originally Posted by benblack
Can always add it after the mufflers if it's not loud enuff that's my thoughts but I think it will be fine the stock mufflers will never get the growl I wantd
Easy answer! Get the fabspeed downpipes + xpipe, you will love it!

Old 08-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by benblack
I don't have the sport on my tt and xpipe was OK. Took it off. I'd use that money like I did just ordered the valve meiser the vids on vivids site has the center resonator still on and it's loud and mean. Can't wait. I think once the turbos are swapped and pushing 700 it will be louder. My 2 cents. Use that 1500 towards meiser. Fyi. It's gonna take 4 weeks to build and get here call vivid put a deposit down.
Keeping the center res. doesn't really open the exhaust so this is where I get confused. Just makes it louder. As I mentioned in other posts, like the idea of Meister but it just changes the *** end for sound, nuthin else.. Which is okay but that's the lesson.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Gelmachine
Might be the play since there is performance improvement there. Just concerned with shutting it down (noise wise) is not possible? Or should I care?

Old 08-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Center res is hollow It's not robbing 20 hp or nothing just keeps drone down. Now the factory mufflers are restricted and after market will fix that and sound. I'm like u needed a valve. My neighbors aren't thrilled I'm sure at 3 am wide open lol

Old 08-07-2014, 10:14 PM
Banned
doktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura about
I have a stock setup with stock rear mufflers. I took the vacuum tubes out and it sounds really good up to 2000 rpm. (since all 4 tips are open). Very little drone though. It maybe good enough for some. But at least the exhaust is flowing out of the center pipes (while stock setup has exhaust quietly flowing via outer pipes). I can only assume that if I removed the resonator, I would gain some sound above 2000 RPM for a nice sounding exhaust.
Cheapest way to add sound? Turndown cutouts after the resonator with a in cabin actuator switch. Try that. It maybe really loud. Should be cheap to test it out.
This video should give you a similar sound from the Cayenne

This one is interesteding. They bypassed the muffler and tapped back into the rear end tips. Impossible on the Panamera though.

Ultimatelly not everybody will love it

Old 08-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Pbread is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gelmachine
Hey guys,

I was at the dealer today and my service guy took a video of me leaving and posted it online... I have the Fabspeed dp, xpipe and Meister GTC:

Here is what it sounds like when you step on it in 2nd gear to third...

Old 08-15-2014, 12:40 PM
EliahP is on a distinguished road
Lawd! She sounds amazing!!

Old 08-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Yea bread sounds great think u have me sold on it too gonna put the X on when they do the rest

Old 08-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Pbread is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by EliahP
Lawd! She sounds amazing!!
haha - yeah the guys at the dealership are loving it... u know what they think of it when they all come out to record a video of her driving off...

Old 08-15-2014, 02:48 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
sounds wicked..

that cayenne with the cutouts, sounds beastly too. But Bread, your car sounds like an very angry bear bruh. SICK

If I was walking in the streets and heard that zoom by me, I be like....

Last edited by 2010Panny4S; 08-15-2014 at 02:54 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket exhaust thread...again. Center Resonator?.