Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTTS or Ferrari FF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 09:44 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
PTTS or Ferrari FF

I thought I was going to buy a new PTTS and then I started looking at what else I could get for near the same cost and came up with a preowned Ferrari FF. I drove one this weekend and thought it was good . Maybe slightly more engaging then the PTTS. More linear torque, but not the surge and head back pull like the PTTS, that I love. The interior was beautiful. The car got a lot of attention ( not my thing). I am just not sure I can do the Ferrari as a daily driver like I would with the PTTS. Has anyone driven the FF and if so what are your thoughts as a DD?

Old 08-12-2014, 04:12 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I have owned my fair share of Ferrari's and cannot imagine using one as a daily driver. I am also no fan of the current models Ferrari makes. For me the last Ferrari I owned a gearshift 430 coupe was the last Ferrari I ever wanted to own.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Evo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond repute
The FF is a great car and I would have no problem driving it every day. I currently have a Panamera GTS and a Ferrari 612. I'm racking up the miles in the 612. I love it and could easily drive it every day. The Panamera is an awesome car but just doesn't have the charisma of a Ferrari.

I'd buy the FF over the Panamera without giving it a second thought.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:17 AM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Evo650
The FF is a great car and I would have no problem driving it every day. I currently have a Panamera GTS and a Ferrari 612. I'm racking up the miles in the 612. I love it and could easily drive it every day. The Panamera is an awesome car but just doesn't have the charisma of a Ferrari.

I'd buy the FF over the Panamera without giving it a second thought.
Take this with a grain of salt, but it's what I think.

The FF is one of my favorite cars (right there next to the 918), I would get it in a heartbeat, ONLY if I had a second car. I can't imagine myself going to do groceries, bread on Sunday morning, get a haircut (discount this one if your bald) etc... In the FF, plus the attention factor goes 90% up on the FF for sure, hell I'm no that guy that looks, but the FF I will.

As a daily driver, Ferraris tend to grow a pain in your ****, not from my experience, as I've had a Ferrari in my hands for less than a month, and I didn't get overly tired to use it as a DD, but ALL my friends that have them have a BMW as their DD, and I have about 5 guys with the prancing horse, from very young 20's to 50's.

Good luck and I'd eternally envy you if you get it. Any of those 2 will make put a huge smile on your face when you get in them.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:44 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Yea I wouldn't drive one as a daily. The panny is for that. But I've been looking into the twin turbo gallardo. Ugr has some beasts out there and sound amazing. Gonna start saving my lunch money. Maybe that will end up in the garage next to the ptt in a couple years. With the huracan taking its place I imagine the price will drop on those. Fingers crossed

Old 08-14-2014, 03:10 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Tough choice. My DD is my P4S; it's a wonderful car to drive and own and I would imagine that the PTT is that much more. The FF is a gorgeous car in my opinion. Were I in your position, I think I would be leaning toward the FF because it's a Ferrari; however, I also would be comparing the costs of ownership for the FF inasmuch as Ferraris are notoriously costly to service.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:49 AM
EliahP is on a distinguished road
My friend daily drives a FF. We drove to Gstaad and it was truly an amazing ride. That thing revs to 9k and the V12 sounds is addictive.

However you are comparing a 4 door coupe (well 5 door really by european standards) to a 3 door hatch and I like to assume that most Panamera owners drive Panny's b/c of it's 4 doors thus functionality.

In this case I say Panamera but had you asked 997 Turbo S vs. FF it would be a different story...

Old 08-15-2014, 06:47 AM
supercup is on a distinguished road
I would buy the FF - great car - and a much better financial outcome on the back end. PTTS will have massive depreciation, the FF, not so much!

Only live once so get what you like and enjoy it everyday!

Old 08-15-2014, 05:05 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I thik there is snow in Michigan. Ferrari FF is not a true AWD, it cuts the front pull after the 2nd gear I think. PTTS will drive you in any condition in any kind of weather. Ferraris are show off cars, PTTS is the only real choice if you are looking for a dd, for the city center boulevard = Ferrari. Markku Alen, the Finnish rally champion was developing the FF winter handling, so it cant be the that bad, but still wouldnt buy one for a dd.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Evo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by supercup
I would buy the FF - great car - and a much better financial outcome on the back end. PTTS will have massive depreciation, the FF, not so much!

Only live once so get what you like and enjoy it everyday!
Actually, the FF depreciation is horrendous. You can pick up a $400k MSRP FF, with low miles for under $250k now.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by kip
I thik there is snow in Michigan. Ferrari FF is not a true AWD, it cuts the front pull after the 2nd gear I think. PTTS will drive you in any condition in any kind of weather. Ferraris are show off cars, PTTS is the only real choice if you are looking for a dd, for the city center boulevard = Ferrari. Markku Alen, the Finnish rally champion was developing the FF winter handling, so it cant be the that bad, but still wouldnt buy one for a dd.

http://youtu.be/9S2GwLUN-8Q
I have two friends who live in Vail, CO. Both drive their FF's in the snow. They have no problems.

I love my Panamera GTS but not as much as my Ferrari 612. I'd daily drive a FF in a heart beat.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:06 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Evo650
Actually, the FF depreciation is horrendous. You can pick up a $400k MSRP FF, with low miles for under $250k now.
Still better than my 2012 PTT $185k MSRP - dealer offered $70k - retail might be $85k

Regardless you are right that FF is not like buying a 458!