6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   turbo build (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/345327-turbo-build.html)

benblack 08-24-2014 08:46 PM

turbo build

3 Attachment(s)
Instead of scattered posts going to keep it all in here. Thanks for the advice. Easier for me and everyone. I've taken pix offline of some parts I've installed. Any questions pm. Enjoy and thanks for listening and all the advice you have given.

First install on my 2010 panny was the bmc filter. Agency power diverter valves and carbon y pipe and fabspeed downpipes

Attachment 399917

Awesome quality build install was super simple will be beneficial once the new turbos are in to hold the boost

Attachment 399918

The quality of this part is super cool. Looks killer under the hood. And the 3 inch is massive. Kind of a pain to get put on but allowing more air will help. Once the boost kicks in it hits hard. Great upgrade.

benblack 08-24-2014 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 399920

If your not running these. Well. Lag is non existant. Quality is top notch. And increased the growl. Can feel it in but Dyno and with all the adds so far has made the car run better and stronger.

benblack 08-24-2014 08:51 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Now it gets dirty. Got a set of stock turbos upgraded to a 20t with a new aggressive exhaust wheel to unleash this beast. Can't wait to have vivid install these and custom tune it I'll post vids and more pix. Ard did an awesome job with the turbos so those interested in this build let me know got a good discount going. Making intercooler this week so will post those soon. I know a few that want some. Hope you all take the jump like I am and others. Questions so far lmk.

porschecayenne92 08-25-2014 10:00 AM

Very good detailed review bro , keep it coming :)
Some more details of the exaust would be nice .

porschecayenne92 08-25-2014 10:04 AM

Forgot to mention something about the diverter valves , usually on 997 turbo they come with diferent color springs , each for a given psi preasure !

benblack 08-25-2014 10:33 AM

Cayenne owe a lot of my info received from you thanks so much pointing me in this direction. Ever in Vegas we will Def have fun.
For the panny it came with just one spring not sure about the pressure etc when I go to vivid I'll ask them about which one it is and if we need to Put a different one or not. Once the meiserchaft exhaust is here and installed I'll get more pix and info on it

porschecayenne92 08-25-2014 06:04 PM

Thanks bro I apreciate it a lot ;)

iglambo 08-25-2014 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by benblack (Post 4181710)
Now it gets dirty. Got a set of stock turbos upgraded to a 20t with a new aggressive exhaust wheel to unleash this beast. Can't wait to have vivid install these and custom tune it I'll post vids and more pix. Ard did an awesome job with the turbos so those interested in this build let me know got a good discount going. Making intercooler this week so will post those soon. I know a few that want some. Hope you all take the jump like I am and others. Questions so far lmk.

iI did this upgrade myself 1 year ago. The real world results are 680-700hp :) Expect PDK slippage issues. If you don't limit the mid torque.

benblack 08-26-2014 03:28 AM

I've kept up with your build awesome. Where did your final number end up? Vivid is familiar with the pdk issue. So I'm not worried there. Did you change your intercooler? If fed is claiming 720-740 everything I'm doing is the same for the most part. With custom intercoolers y pipes and looking into adding another trans cooler to help with heat. Seems other pdk cars guys are using to help make those hp levels safer. Not sure will look at that once everything else is completw

frozen997 09-03-2014 02:50 PM

Cant wait to see the results!!!

I have the fvd ecu tune , agency power divertor valves , custom mid pipe , and tubi rear mufflers.

Under acceleration in 4th gear from low rpm the trans will slip when boost hits. Only in 4th gear low rpm.

benblack 09-03-2014 10:20 PM

Me 2. Intercoolers being built tomorrow. Pix and dyno run before and after and logged

benblack 09-04-2014 09:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It has begun. These r gonna be awesome. They are gonna machine inlets to fit factory hoses. Can't wait til it's done

benblack 09-07-2014 03:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Coming along using factory mounts they are in solid. And needless to say the stock ones are tiny. More pics later when they are done. Cheers. I need another beer

porschecayenne92 09-08-2014 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by benblack (Post 4190625)
Coming along using factory mounts they are in solid. And needless to say the stock ones are tiny. More pics later when they are done. Cheers. I need another beer

Thats double size of oem intercoolers o.O

benblack 09-08-2014 07:49 AM

4.5 inches thick. :)