Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color of Panny

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 09:36 AM
kelyeung is on a distinguished road
Color of Panny

Have you ever wonder about what the color should be on our Panny?

I'll start.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2462 (1).jpg
Views:	315
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	407588

Old 11-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
That yellow is nice. Mine is GT Silver with Espresso Leather. My favorite so far is Agate Grey with Red Leather.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Gus_Smedstad is on a distinguished road
When I ordered mine I was taken aback by how muted most of the available choices are. Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue were the only two standouts for me.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:52 AM
CaptLeslie will become famous soon enough
Since I live in Arizona I went with rhodium silver metallic with an agate grey interior! This combo reflects the heat and hides the dust while it glistens in the sun! It looks stunning and is comfy cool in the heat! Cheers Jim.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:38 AM
nick.kapoor is on a distinguished road
Yachting blue with blue/white interior. would be black with white interior. I am color blind. So it really does not matter.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:56 AM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
Depends on the model, really.

For a daily driver or simply a more stately look, I'd choose Dark Blue Metallic over two tone Cognac and Cedar. With either Olive wood or Mahogany.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:11 AM
1Goodguy02 is on a distinguished road

Black, of course.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:32 PM
bornagain1973 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CaptLeslie
Since I live in Arizona I went with rhodium silver metallic with an agate grey interior! This combo reflects the heat and hides the dust while it glistens in the sun! It looks stunning and is comfy cool in the heat! Cheers Jim.
Beautiful car..silver is always a go to for me.
my last 4 out of 5 cars have been some sort of silver

Old 11-15-2014, 08:48 PM
RattleItHome is on a distinguished road
I'm very happy with Yachting Blue Metallic on my GTS. Haven't seen another like it...

Old 11-16-2014, 07:58 AM
bornagain1973 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RattleItHome
I'm very happy with Yachting Blue Metallic on my GTS. Haven't seen another like it...

Looks great with the black wheels as well

Old 11-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Ginger Jay is on a distinguished road
Love it! And you're right, I never see that color. I am jealous.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:27 PM

By the way, how's the sport exhaust on your GTS? I heard it once in Hong Kong and it was very loud on downshifts. Sport exhaust on 4S has no sound for downshifts or whatsoever.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:43 PM
RattleItHome is on a distinguished road
The exhaust is somewhere between raucous and outrageous. With valves open in sport or sport+ downshifts really bark, even at relatively low speeds like coming to stop light from 45mph. If one decelerates rapidly from higher speeds there is an added symphony of burbling. The upshifts between 2-3 and 3-4 are the best though. Pure mechanical snort. Start-ups make small children cry, like the time I started up with a mom with a kid in a stroller behind me. The covered resonance of gas stations is another place where start-ups seem to be particularly grumbly. It is interesting to note the radius of how far away people turn their heads to see what the heck just started up. I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing said about the exhaust on a GTS.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:24 PM
The exhaust is somewhere between raucous and outrageous. With valves open in sport or sport+ downshifts really bark, even at relatively low speeds like coming to stop light from 45mph. If one decelerates rapidly from higher speeds there is an added symphony of burbling. The upshifts between 2-3 and 3-4 are the best though. Pure mechanical snort. Start-ups make small children cry, like the time I started up with a mom with a kid in a stroller behind me. The covered resonance of gas stations is another place where start-ups seem to be particularly grumbly. It is interesting to note the radius of how far away people turn their heads to see what the heck just started up. I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing said about the exhaust on a GTS.
Interesting, the sport exhaust on the 4S has no downshirts sound whatsoever. Tried it multiple times on busy streets and no one turn their head to look over. We called Porsche HK to find out what happen with the exhaust and they said the exhaust works when the exhaust builds up enough CO2 to make it somehow passes through both pipe. Dunno exactly why the exhaust cant be loud all the time as it should be the point of having a sport exhaust. More, the exhaust act differently in same situation. Sometimes it's quiet sometimes it's loud with the value open. Quite disappointed with the PSE.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:25 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kelyeung

Interesting, the sport exhaust on the 4S has no downshirts sound whatsoever. Tried it multiple times on busy streets and no one turn their head to look over. We called Porsche HK to find out what happen with the exhaust and they said the exhaust works when the exhaust builds up enough CO2 to make it somehow passes through both pipe. Dunno exactly why the exhaust cant be loud all the time as it should be the point of having a sport exhaust. More, the exhaust act differently in same situation. Sometimes it's quiet sometimes it's loud with the value open. Quite disappointed with the PSE.
Is this newer 4S? I think sport exhaust has been tweaked over the years to be more loud.