Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New Panamera T - & - PDK Jerkyness?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 09:12 PM
TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EMC2
I always use the paddles to shift, so I cant't comment on the 1st gear selection question.
However I am on my 3rd Panamera and I also have a 911 (997.2) PDK, and I would not describe any of them as jerky. In Sports Plus they shift really fast & aggressive, but still not jerky.

I agree with other who suggest a software update.

Also; I know that the 997.2 PDK requires a Transmission Oil change at 60k miles. I haven't done that many miles on any of the Panameras, so I'm not sure if the same applies. That would be worth checking.
Thanks for your insight! I'll have them change the fluid for sure.

I'm going to take it to the dealer in the next couple days. I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:03 AM
donmckee90 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TabooPc
Hello!

I just picked up my new 2011 Panamera Turbo! I'm not new to these forums, as I'm normally over in the GT2 section. My GT2 is getting closer and closer to a race car, so I needed a daily.

White/black with full options and carbon trim. 69k miles. Here she is:

I was wondering what exactly the panamera PDK is supposed to drive like? It seems a little jerky to me, and I want to see if I need to get it inspected.

I've driven more modern PDKs in the 911s, and they're nothing like this. They're much much smoother, especially off the line. The panamera starts in second off the line. The only time I can get it to start in first is with sport plus on. Occasionally when the car first moves off the line, the engine revs up a lot and then grabs. This kind of "Sling shots" the car in a way, instead of smoothly rolling gradually.

Does anyone have any insight or experience with the panamera pdk vs the 911 pdk? If not, do you experience any jerkyness with your pdk in general?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what is normal jerking and what is a sign of something wrong with the transmission.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

My turbo had this same Jerkiness also. At the time I did not have any thing to compare it to, but i knew that it just wasn't quite right. Dealer performed software update and it has been great since.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:51 PM
ZZ70SS is on a distinguished road
My 2010 4S has the exact same feel. It drives me crazy. I pretty much have found Sport mode to be the best happy medium for daily driving, but leaving a stop light is still agitating and the transmission is not smooth.

For what it's worth, mine just rolled over 50k miles, and I had the transmission oil changed a few thousand miles ago. Did not make a difference whatsoever.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:25 PM
TheBeav will become famous soon enough
I hope the software update helps you guys.
My 2015 991 gts PDK is absolutely amazing. Lightening fast with absolutely no sliding or clunk. I can't imagine the ptt with all that torque being as smooth. Perhaps it's just the price of admission to such amazing torque in a big family beast?

Old 11-10-2015, 09:29 PM
TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !
Quick update guys:

Just got my car back from the dealership. I requested they change the trans fluid, as well as figure out what is wrong with the trans. I went on a drive with the technician, and he definitely though it was strange jerking off the line.

Long story short, they had to contact porsche. Porsche advised to reset the adaptive learning system for the pdk. They reset it and sent it home with me. First uphill light, the car jerks off the line!!

They didn't have any software updates to perform on the PDK- it was all up to date. I'm starting to think this is just how the car drives...

I'll call service tomorrow and ask them what the next step is.

Cheers!

Old 11-10-2015, 10:43 PM
negb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by donmckee90
My turbo had this same Jerkiness also. At the time I did not have any thing to compare it to, but i knew that it just wasn't quite right. Dealer performed software update and it has been great since.
Very interesting what kind of upgrade it was ... if I would go for that kind of upgrade I would measure independently 0-100km/h before and after software change

Old 12-17-2015, 01:30 PM
gjr
gjr is on a distinguished road
is there any way for us to know the sw version thats running for the pdk?

Anyone who has had the software updated, would you mind please checking your invoice for any version specific info.

Some dealers seem to be unclear on software updates, some versions number I think would be a big help to many

Old 12-17-2015, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by gjr
is there any way for us to know the sw version thats running for the pdk?

Anyone who has had the software updated, would you mind please checking your invoice for any version specific info.

Some dealers seem to be unclear on software updates, some versions number I think would be a big help to many
That would be cool. My car was driving smoothly for the first couple weeks of the "reset", but now its getting jerkier and jerkier.

My newest issue is how sensitive the car's hold on hill feature is. Sometimes it engages on the smallest little backwards rolls and causes a huge jerk for all the people in the cabin...

Old 12-17-2015, 01:41 PM
nephew is on a distinguished road
I am becoming increasingly frustrated with inconsistent and lazy throttle pedal and transmission mapping. The most annoying part of the drive is as I slow down (at a stop sign or light) and then accelerate again - the car initially bogs down and only downshifts if I push the throttle lower. When it does downshift, the car then goes into crazy race mode and holds the RPMs very high.

In this case, I just really want the car to downshift more quickly and resume a normal shift pattern. Even in Sport mode it behaves like this.

Clearly the way to fix this is to manually shift the car... but sometimes I just don't want to do this. Anyone else experiencing this?

Old 12-17-2015, 02:40 PM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
For those that are experiencing leggy throttle response.. Go for a spirited drive on some back roads in sport plus mode. I did this once and noticed a huge difference in my throttle response..

Old 12-17-2015, 07:07 PM
feeltherush will become famous soon enoughfeeltherush will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by EmmHolla
For those that are experiencing leggy throttle response.. Go for a spirited drive on some back roads in sport plus mode. I did this once and noticed a huge difference in my throttle response..
Agreed.

Old 03-22-2016, 05:22 PM
Thanks for your insight! I'll have them change the fluid for sure. I'm going to take it to the dealer in the next couple days. I'll keep you guys posted.
Just got my car back from the dealership. I requested they change the trans fluid
What amount of fluid was changed ? It was Pentosin Gear Oil FFL 3 ? I'm getting confused when I read this, post #7
http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-a...intenance.html
Re: PDK Maintenance From wwilliam88 on RENNLIST:

From the owners manual

PDK transmission oil - approx. 3.12 quarts / 2.95 liters ATF transmission oil Mobilube PTX Formula A (SAE 75W-90) GL 4.5 - change at 120K miles or 12 years
PDK clutch oil - approx. 5.49 quarts / 5.2 liters Pentosin Gear Oil FFL 3 - change at 60 K miles or 6 years

So.... PDK transmission oil AND PDK clutch oil ? ? ? what is about ?

I have called dealer and been told that for PDK gearbox maintenance I will need:
00004320729 - Pentosin FFL 3 (QTY 9....10 liters!!!!!!!!)
97032182500 - drain plug with sealing ring

Where is the truth ? Which info is correct ?

Old 03-23-2016, 02:59 AM
...Spent 10min with Google
And seems both options are correct just not sure about quantities ..
http://www.just-auto.com/analysis/zf..._id101268.aspx

So Panamera gearbox with PDK clutch has a single oil (Pentosin FFL-3) circuit comparing with other models where are two oil circuits, and hence two different oils; the first is Pentosin FFL-3 for the clutch and hydraulics, and the second is ExxonMobil Mobilube PTX 75W-90 for the gear-set and bevel gear.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:28 AM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
is reset the adaptive learning system for the pdk same as PDK calibration what is the difference anyone?

Old 04-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Peach PTT is on a distinguished road
I've had my 11' PTT for about 8 months. Absolutely loving the car. I always drive it in Sport Mode so it usually takes off in 2nd gear. Any time I would take off from a stop the car almost felt as if it were a manual vehicle and would almost chug a bit as if letting off the clutch. I just figured this was normal for the Panny PDK from the research I'd done. This is not normal!

I brought the car in for an oil change and mentioned the jerkiness. The tech said the car was 2 updates behind on reflashes. Anyways, this car is a totally different animal off the line now. Wow, so smooth. I almost feel embarrassed that I drove it for so long as it was. Night and day difference, couldn't be happier.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New Panamera T - & - PDK Jerkyness?