Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AP Y-Pipe install for those who've done it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 07:47 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
AP Y-Pipe install for those who've done it

Today I decided to hack this, and while taking everything off was not bad, the fit of the new CF pipe does not go well. It does not align with the TB and there is a big gap because of this. I'm attaching a picture as I don't think this can be right this much separation.

This is the best it can go, the left side going to the IC connection gets obstructed by the top of the radiator enclosure (I think thats what it is)

Any ideas if you've done it? I'm at a loss here.

Last edited by MIA997TTBeast; 12-05-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:16 AM
Jdun1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Were you able to get this figured out? We have the same trouble. Plus the couplers don't seem to be the right size. Some are too loose and would create boost leak, plus no lip to secure down on. I bought the carbon as well. Curious how you made on this. We are at a loss.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:48 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
I installed the carbon as well. Parts were tight fight and couplers were a pain to manipulate to get on. I used some grease on the pipe to help the couplers slide on. I'm pushing alot of air since I have upgraded turbos and haven't had any boost leak. Hope this helps guys

Old 05-15-2016, 05:50 AM
Jdun1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like all your couplers were tight. Some of ours are loose and if we tighten the clamp it creates a valley of sorts in the rubber and allows for leakage. We also have the same problem as MIA with the carbon hitting the plastic cover (might be radiator cover or for filter)

The carbon seems to loose where it meets I believe the intercooler on left side and we are afraid to tighten down or it will crack the carbon.

It just doesn't seem to be the right fit. Any suggestions?

Old 05-15-2016, 07:59 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Jdun1, I was able to make it fit with LOTS of elbow grease and patience and strenght. Put it this way, I could've skipped the gyn for couple days just fitting these things.
It takes a lot of strength to the point that you think you might brake the things, but they actually dont brake.
I had it done twice and it does not get any easier.

Keep trying and let us know.