Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello, what's the difference between ARD and FVD turbos?

Old 03-13-2016, 04:57 AM
spi750kz will become famous soon enough
Hello, what's the difference between ARD and FVD turbos?

anybody know what's the difference between

http://www.ardideas.com/TD04HL-20T-P...ade_p_316.html

and

http://www.fvd.de/us/ru/Porsche-0/-/...ger_-_Set.html

thank you

Old 03-13-2016, 10:21 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Ard runs 11 blade 20T wheels
Fvd runs borg waner 6+6 blade compresor wheels .
At fvd you only buy the remap once (1K) and than they give you stage 4 remap for free. They sell also the turbo S manifold

Old 03-13-2016, 09:35 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
I run ard. Actually I'm the first one that went to Robert with this Idea. Until now fvd was the only route. And at 10k. Well let's just say that was a steep. To say I'm impressed with ard work is an understatement. They did the full deal on my turbos. Hot and cold side and did some reinforcement for the bearings. The turbos Max out what the pdk can handle and can flow to almost 800 hp for a fraction of the cost. I'm going to travel to ard when the weather gets better and Robert and I have been talking about a retune. Vivid did good but we are going to see what more we can tweak. Once we do that we'll that tune will be valuable to everyone that wants to upgrade turbos. Give Robert a call he super good guy and wants to help out. And not by draining our bank accounts plus dealing with a company that's here in the states I like. Any questions just ask

Old 03-14-2016, 09:05 PM
ARD-Robert is on a distinguished road
Hello all,
Robert from ARD here just wanted to say hello and answer any questions anyone has.

Mods/forum admins let me know if I need to register as vendor etc.. to post up properly.

That said I will simply reflect what we did on Bens car without a sales pitch if that's ok

The TD04HL is a great turbo from MHI, comes in all kinds of sizes from all different manufacturers. We find that from Porsche to Subaru to Volvo and on the turbos's are really modular. Great for performance builds considering the inherent strength and aftermarket support.

So for Ben's setup we talked about options and settled on upgrading to the OEM MHI 20T wheels (in billet 11 blade GTX form) and machined the compressor covers to match, increased the longevity by using higher performing thrust surfaces and internals, and balanced it all for optimum performance. This makes for a reliable upgrade we can stand behind even at the higher bhp levels in and around 800 bhp.

As we're all becoming aware the trans is the limiting factor but we're working on that too as we RE the TCU for where we can and can't make more power safely. ECU tuning this summer will provide further insight into what these setups really provide when custom onsite tuning is applied.

There's not magic in it, just math and good science. Questions... just hit me up!
-Robert

Old 03-14-2016, 09:10 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
I knew you could explain it better than I. Thanks for all u do Robert. See u soon buddy

Old 03-14-2016, 09:11 PM
ARD-Robert is on a distinguished road
@benblack

Looking forward to it, looks like I have my homework cut out for me!

Old 03-14-2016, 09:12 PM
Haha class is in session sir

Old 03-15-2016, 04:24 AM
Thank you very much, guys!
where did you get upgraded intercoolers?
planing to do remaping ecu here in almaty due the environment (with EVOTECH.DE)

Last edited by spi750kz; 03-15-2016 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:48 AM
Spi I had custom ones made. And as far as ecu remap wait a Lil bit we are going to tune mine so ard has files to match the turbos. Will be much more efficient cost wise and performance. Can't use a basic tune with turbos

Old 03-21-2016, 01:14 AM
Wink

FVD has done manifold aswell
Is it important compared to ARD one?

Turbo Facts:

- Increased velocity & reduced backpressure manifold (header) is included for plug and play installation.

Thank you

Last edited by spi750kz; 04-21-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:39 AM
ordered turbos

well contacted with Robert ARD
very helpfull person
higly recommend him to everyone and ordered my new Turbos

Old 04-19-2016, 08:22 AM
Nice yes Robert is awsome

Old 04-22-2016, 03:47 AM
Nick_GT will become famous soon enough
I'm sure that main difference could be the time of production. I'm already waiting more than 1 month And FVD still didn't get my upgraded turbos back to me. I never realised that German company service could be so slow and head of customer service department can simply ignoring phone calls and etc.
They promissed me to do that job for 8-10 days but it's already takes 34 days and still no turbos in my hands.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:06 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nick_GT
I'm sure that main difference could be the time of production. I'm already waiting more than 1 month And FVD still didn't get my upgraded turbos back to me. I never realised that German company service could be so slow and head of customer service department can simply ignoring phone calls and etc.
They promissed me to do that job for 8-10 days but it's already takes 34 days and still no turbos in my hands.
ARD is better

Old 04-22-2016, 05:55 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
There might be something strange going on , becauae Pbread got his fvd upgrated turbocharger , from germany to usa in about 2 weeks I think . I have seen same borgwanner compresors offered by tte also . Dont worry good things require time bro

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hello, what's the difference between ARD and FVD turbos?