Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello, what's the difference between ARD and FVD turbos?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 06:13 AM
Nick_GT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
There might be something strange going on , becauae Pbread got his fvd upgrated turbocharger , from germany to usa in about 2 weeks I think . I have seen same borgwanner compresors offered by tte also . Dont worry good things require time bro
Actually, nothing strange here. FVD promissed to upgrade turbos in 8-10 days but its already takes 35. It's clear us it is. And i have all email conversation logs, shipment details an etc. let's see how this situation will be resolved. Currently i see total unwillingness to speed up the process from their side. For example, they promissed to send me the package with turbos yesterday but you know what...i just call to him again and turbos are still not shiped! 4 weeks of delay and no one trying to speed up the process.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:31 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Did you send ecu also ? Things that could have gone wrong are :
Maybe they broke the turbochargers when trying to port them , or they are out of compressors and they are taking time to arrive from a 3rd company .
At least used turbochargers go for 1k on ebay

Old 04-22-2016, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
Did you send ecu also ? Things that could have gone wrong are :
Maybe they broke the turbochargers when trying to port them , or they are out of compressors and they are taking time to arrive from a 3rd company .
At least used turbochargers go for 1k on ebay
Man, do not want to share all the details now and killing their reputation. I just want to give them a chance to resolve it. FVD software is very good, car goes really smooth on stage 2. But the customer service is a different story. Will keep posted.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:55 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
That's why I suggested to you earlier I like doing business with a us based company. And everything I call or text Robert he gets right back to me. Even about my silly questions. That says alot. And his prices are alot better than others. Give him a call I bet he answers I think it took him a total of 2 weeks and a couple days to have the turbos milled and sent to me mind you mine was the very first ones he has done so that says alot. Hope fvd gets you taken care of I'm sure they will just sucks I know

Old 04-22-2016, 09:43 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by benblack
That's why I suggested to you earlier I like doing business with a us based company. And everything I call or text Robert he gets right back to me. Even about my silly questions. That says alot. And his prices are alot better than others. Give him a call I bet he answers I think it took him a total of 2 weeks and a couple days to have the turbos milled and sent to me mind you mine was the very first ones he has done so that says alot. Hope fvd gets you taken care of I'm sure they will just sucks I know
Yeah but fvd remap is cheap and one of the best , you only pay once and you get free files up to stage 4 ! If Robert would have a remap to go with the bigger turbochargers that would be killer deal

Old 04-22-2016, 09:44 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Well cayanne hold tight we are working on that very very soon

Old 04-23-2016, 05:07 AM
Well, finally got the UPS tracking number from FVD. Turbos are on the way. Planing to install it on the next week.
My upgraded setup will be: Superspint exhaust with 200cell cats + PSE mufflers, Turbo S manifold, iPD Plenum, AP diverters, BMC filter and FVD turbos + ECU.
Alternatively i ordered Supersprint resonator to compare with 200cell cats.
Let's see how it rolls! Planing to do Racelogic measurements.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:07 AM
Benblack, do you have 100-200km/h Racelogic results for your setup?

Old 04-23-2016, 07:41 AM
Hey Nick glad to see they are in route. I don't have a racelogic but with vivid racing tuning and their Mustang dyno was just over 700. With the new mapping Robert @ard is going to do and package with his 20t upgrade we will let you know. I think the tune now is a little conservative but we shall see. We also have some other things planned so stay tuned. Going to see just how much she can do

Old 04-30-2016, 08:14 PM
somefoo1 is a glorious beacon of lightsomefoo1 is a glorious beacon of lightsomefoo1 is a glorious beacon of lightsomefoo1 is a glorious beacon of lightsomefoo1 is a glorious beacon of lightsomefoo1 is a glorious beacon of light
All the upgraded turbo cars i've seen it seems like the trans slips the clutches too long because the engine is making more power than the trans "thinks" the engine is making.(is tuned for)

How do you crack into these ECUs ? There is nothing like the cobb access tuner with the race tuner setup is there?

Second and probably dumber question.... there is no room for a gtx3076 on a custom manifold or anything is there ?

How much hp can the fuel system on these sucker support ?

I want one really bad... but i don't like auto transmissions and even though the pdk is the best DSG i like being able to swap clutches and hold the power i need.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:27 PM
FYI today we got the stock wheels so my monster can fit on the dyno fun fun. Also a really good tip. Turbos can be taken apart without dropping the motor. Since ard upgrade has new exhaust wheels taking the cold side off carefully can be done. Took some gentle massage as not to bend the exhaust Wheel fins. First time I had their upgraded turbos we dropped the motor that was a pain so this route is much much better. Hope to get it on the dyno in a week or so we are upgrading a few other parts once that's done give her hell. Just wanted to let u all know that tip. Will make it easier and cost effective for anyone wanting to upgrade. Cheers

Old 08-04-2016, 10:28 PM
BTW swapped the 20t wheels with 22s. This should get interesting.