Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On the market...

Old 05-22-2016, 06:42 PM
ddx77 is on a distinguished road
Still in "honeymoon phase", but I have no issues with the car so far. I have not run into a visibility problem but I do have the lane sensors which are a great option. Great car!

Old 05-23-2016, 12:07 PM
bebeqq1231 is on a distinguished road
2103 GTS.. Love it everyday

Old 01-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Just a follow up, now at 63,000 miles and the car is running great "knock on wood". Getting ready for another oil change. Great car!

Had to replace the horn once, that's about it.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:06 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
23K, on a daily driver 2015 Pana 4. Love interior , highway cruiser for sure, very good in snow. No issues at all.
Not a race car by any means but easy triple digit comfortable car on open road. Handles well for a big car. Solid feel. Decent fuel mileage for a big AWD car. Everything just works and feels well made.
Go drive one for yourself.

Old 06-06-2019, 05:41 AM
Hit 90k miles this week

Just throwing another follow up out there. I am at 90k Miles this week, brought it in for an oil change four new tires and a set of engine mounts (Rear Engine Mount $ 600.00 installed).

Car is still running great and I have zero complaints. Oh I did replace the tail lights with a set of after market ones because the factory ones were starting to craze.

The horn is still not working to well but everything else is perfect.

I was considering trading it in, but I this point I am just thinking about keeping it and looking for a used 911 S.

Picture of the rear mounts that were replaced, mechanic said they were dry rotted and just fell off when they unbolted it.

Last edited by ddx77; 06-06-2019 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Price change and added pic
Old 06-06-2019, 02:17 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
What aftermarket tail lights did you get?

Old 06-06-2019, 02:24 PM
From Ebay -

Last edited by ddx77; 06-06-2019 at 06:40 PM. Reason: added text
Old 06-18-2019, 05:30 PM
c4racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Dang - why are those so expensive?? Just checked and the factory part is $600 each!! Jeez. that's crazy.

Anyway - I have a 2013 S with 31K miles and it's had a few fixes under the CPO warranty but overall I have no complaints about the car. It's simply a joy to drive every time I get in it. I don't drive it all that much - put 7K on it in first 14 months.

Actually I have one complaint - depreciation is pretty steep - at least when you buy it as a CPO. I have lost a lot of value in 14 months, but I guess that doesn't compare to the more than 50% hit on $100K+ the original owner took on it.

So the only trick here is buying on the right part of the depreciation curve. That's hard to do if you are paying $50K+ for it as it has a long way to fall. I guess if you get one for under $40K it will be on a better part of that curve - but then you pay for it with repairs and maintenance most likely. So there is no free lunch. But this is table stakes in this class of car - and the Pano simply blows away Audi, BMW and Mercedes - IMHO. And all of those will have the same struggle with depreciation - although seems if you buy a CPO 5 series for $30K there is going to be less valuation to fall and still 1.5-2 years of warranty coverage. But it's a lesser car for sure. So just depends on your priorities and tolerance for depreciation!!

It's been kind of driving me crazy but I think I'm coming to terms with it and just going to ride this one out - it's not a car that you want to sell in 1-3 years. I think if you take a 4-5 year minimum time period approach the depreciation effect will be a lot less glaringly awful.

My last sedan was a E39 M5 - drove that car for 6 years and 60K miles and sold it for $6K less than I paid for it. But that's a complete anomaly. Won't get that here!!
I'm coming to terms with that finally. I mean I knew it going in - but the first year of a fresh CPO car was a lot worse than I was expecting to see given the car was already under half it's original value!

Old 06-18-2019, 06:04 PM
StrassenKurven is an unknown quantity at this point
I drove someone else's 2011 Panamera Turbo. It had a little over 70k miles and was still going strong with no problems.

I'm looking forward to having my 2014 for 5+ years and not having to worry about depreciation, because I'll have gotten my value out of it. My previous car was a higher mileage 550i M-Sport which had problems most of the 1.5 years I owned the car, resulting in having to pay around $8k to get rid of the car. I'm expecting my Panamera to be more reliable.

Old 06-18-2019, 09:21 PM
Bobby Buggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Interesting how this turned into a depreciation discussion. Im in a 2014 CPO 4S that I got for just over half the sticker with 25k on it. Now its worth like 40. I run out of CPO in Feb, not sure what I will do then.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:30 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by StrassenKurven
I drove someone else's 2011 Panamera Turbo. It had a little over 70k miles and was still going strong with no problems.

I'm looking forward to having my 2014 for 5+ years and not having to worry about depreciation, because I'll have gotten my value out of it. My previous car was a higher mileage 550i M-Sport which had problems most of the 1.5 years I owned the car, resulting in having to pay around $8k to get rid of the car. I'm expecting my Panamera to be more reliable.
It has paid for me to purchase some of my cars with higher mileage as the most of the bugs/problems/issues are worked out.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:42 AM
elShiz is on a distinguished road
I see the thread started a while back but has recent updates, so I'll throw in my two bits.

This is my first Porsche and I've gotta say after driving it almost daily for a year since purchase, I'm pretty happy so far. When I bought the car last year I couldn't afford a CPO, but the deal was too good; snagged a 1 owner, '13 GTS fully loaded w/47kmiles for $50k out the door. Perhaps a second point to note, since I wanted to put a larger down-payment on the car and finance less, I couldn't afford the nearly $8k "aftermarket" warranty the dealer was offering. This meant I had no warranty or protection whatsoever on a car with owner's who have had to replace the PDK ($12K), or the air suspension ($3-4k) etc.

I won't lie and tell you I wasn't a little nervous. However by and large the majority of Panamera owners have actually had a trouble free experience. I spent months pouring over thread after thread of issues, fixes, warranty work etc and my overall conclusion was I felt comfortable with the "risk" of owning a Porsche out of warranty. Also being mechanically inclined and owning a second car I figured if the suspension, or if anything else came up, I'll have it on a lift while I daily my other car during the repair.

Issues I've had since purchase:
  • Radiator drain plug sheared off about 6months ago (stupid plastic plug)
  • And more recently (5 June), I had a series of scary looking faults - Fault Transmission, AWD System Fault, PSM Fault. I scanned the codes and found that the coil pack on cylinder #6 was bad... Replaced it with a genuine Porsche part ($80), cleared codes and it was good to go.

Lastly I just finished the 60k mile scheduled maintenance (plugs, oil, all 3 engine air filters, cabin air filter and even wiper blades, roughly $250 in parts and a leisure Saturday afternoon), all using how-to resources found here. Thanks to folks like Ciaka, and plenty of others who have answered countless questions and provided links, pictures and sources for replacement parts.

I have loved practically every minute behind the wheel. The stereo is better than most stock systems, the ride quality and lack of road noise is a welcomed improvement over an '01 Z06 for sure. The performance out of a car that weighs over 4k lbs does not compute and just leaves you grinning from ear to ear. I love the stock sports exhaust, and love the button I can use to control it. The cargo space is enough to put 2 large generators (in boxes) in the back with the seats folded down of course, and 2 5gal gas cans. I get more comments and noticed by more people driving this weird looking 4door hatch than I anticipated.

In conclusion, if you do not want to wrench on your car, get the CPO and extend whatever warranty you can to avoid costly maintenance. However, if you don't mind it and plan on driving it a while regardless of the mileage you intend to put on it, save some money and snag an out warranty vehicle, because again for the most part Panameras have been pretty reliable. Regardless of which way you or anyone is leaning, this car is damn awesome and fun and checks nearly every box a person could need for a daily commuter.

👍⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Would buy again.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:46 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
I was in the same boat as elshiz and happy to say having the same experience (except I got a loaded 4S) love every minute in this car...

elshiz are you planning on doing the PDK fluid change? ( I wish I had that much space in my garage )

Old 06-19-2019, 09:18 AM
elShiz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DogWood
I was in the same boat as elshiz and happy to say having the same experience (except I got a loaded 4S) love every minute in this car...

elshiz are you planning on doing the PDK fluid change? ( I wish I had that much space in my garage )
I would love to have that much space in my garage too but I'm lucky to have a really good friend at least.

Regarding the PDK flush, I've been wondering about doing it because I've seen conflicting info about when it's due. I even spoke with a Porsche tech and what they would do if I brought my car in after giving them my VIN. He said they would do everything I've done accept the PDK because the PDK fluid doesn't require replacement at this time. Then the info here shows that it is due but only on certain instances.

So I guess my question is, do I legit need to do it? If so I'll get around to it soon, but not right this minute as I have a work trip coming up and won't have time.

Last edited by elShiz; 06-19-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:08 AM
c4racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh for some reason I thought the PDK fluid was due at the 60K mile service. No? I'll have to look at my booklet. I would probably go ahead with that myself paying close attention to the temp and quantity used and with factory fluid regardless what silly number they charge for it.

Nice Camaro btw. My Panamera S shares garage space with 2 Camaro's (71 and 16 SS w/ the new 455hp LT1) and a Colorado truck.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: On the market...