Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On the market...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 01:07 PM
OhNo! is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation On the market...

Whats up pany owners. Currently looking to buy one 2013+ and Im wondering what the pros and cons are. I searched the forum for a related thread but didnt see anyone talking about what they like and dislike about their car. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by OhNo!; 05-18-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:34 PM
JimW has a spectacular aura aboutJimW has a spectacular aura aboutJimW has a spectacular aura about
No cons so far for me, picked a 2013 up last week...

Old 05-18-2016, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by JimW
No cons so far for me, picked a 2013 up last week...
Thanks for your input. Honestly you're still in that honeymoon phase with your car. So maybe in a couple of weeks/months you'll start noticing things you dont like.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:52 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
I'm about a full month into my ownership (2010 Panny S). I can tell you that the only thing thus far that I don't like is the blind spots and limited rear visibility. I came from an Audi S8 and there is definitely a difference in the comfort vs. sport feel, but overall I still grin every time I start her up.

Good luck in your search.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by OEkun1
I'm about a full month into my ownership (2010 Panny S). I can tell you that the only thing thus far that I don't like is the blind spots and limited rear visibility. I came from an Audi S8 and there is definitely a difference in the comfort vs. sport feel, but overall I still grin every time I start her up.

Good luck in your search.
Thanks. Yes, thats one thing i noticed when i test drove it. Such a large vehicle with small mirrors.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:22 PM
Geez...200+ views and only a few inputs?

Old 05-19-2016, 01:29 AM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
Ok I'll give my 02. - 2011 PTT. Since January - sold my Audi R8 for this car.

Likes - styling, looks, interior, ride, turbo

Dislikes - interior, turbo LAG, sensitive to cold, weird noises, not that quiet of an interior.

I said interior only because I LOVE my cooling seats. but that's about it. would rather have the interior in the Audi S7 or RS7. NOW THAT is an interior but oh well. Turbo lag SUCKS and is an annoyances, trying to figure that one out and how I can reduce it greatly. We all know in the cold the tires bounce because of the camber. Expected a quieter cabin for this caliber of car. OTHER than that, I'm happy with it. LOL.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:00 AM
Originally Posted by JayFunk
Ok I'll give my 02. - 2011 PTT. Since January - sold my Audi R8 for this car.

Likes - styling, looks, interior, ride, turbo

Dislikes - interior, turbo LAG, sensitive to cold, weird noises, not that quiet of an interior.

I said interior only because I LOVE my cooling seats. but that's about it. would rather have the interior in the Audi S7 or RS7. NOW THAT is an interior but oh well. Turbo lag SUCKS and is an annoyances, trying to figure that one out and how I can reduce it greatly. We all know in the cold the tires bounce because of the camber. Expected a quieter cabin for this caliber of car. OTHER than that, I'm happy with it. LOL.
So you like and dislike the interior? or did you mean exterior in "likes". Where are the noises coming from and is it normal on Panameras?

Old 05-19-2016, 10:05 AM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
I'm looking for a turbo myself but have driven a friends numerous times.

Likes - Looks, presence, exclusivity, launch control, PDK transmission, 'cockpit' sports car seating, interior, great road feel despite not being harsh at all, phenomenal highway cruiser

Dislikes - Size of car (esp parking!), blind spots / visibility out the back, Exhaust note with sport exhaust could be louder, no middle seat in the back, not very nimble especially around town, no infotainment scroller i.e. audi / bmw

I thought the cabin was relatively quiet (comparing it to my S4 Audi at the time). I know there is an 'insulated glass' option that reduces the noise even further. Tires has a big influence on noise as well if thats a concern.

Overall great car and in a class of its own.

Last edited by socialpro; 05-19-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:35 AM
15PGTS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by socialpro
I'm looking for a turbo myself but have driven a friends numerous times. Likes - Looks, presence, exclusivity, launch control, PDK transmission, 'cockpit' sports car seating, interior, great road feel despite not being harsh at all, phenomenal highway cruiser Dislikes - Size of car (esp parking!), blind spots / visibility out the back, Exhaust note with sport exhaust could be louder, no middle seat in the back, not very nimble especially around town, no infotainment scroller i.e. audi / bmw I thought the cabin was relatively quiet (comparing it to my S4 Audi at the time). I know there is an 'insulated glass' option that reduces the noise even further. Tires has a big influence on noise as well if thats a concern. Overall great car and in a class of its own.
if you'd like louder more pronounced exhaust note in sport mode, I highly advise the GTS. Its the main reason, besides the lower price/better value that I chose the GTS vs. Turbo. Unfortunately, the turbos muffle the sound of the engine.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:01 PM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by OhNo!
So you like and dislike the interior? or did you mean exterior in "likes". Where are the noises coming from and is it normal on Panameras?
No I meant the interior. Its more of I like it but I dont LOVE it like the RS7 interior. for example:

RS7:

Panamera:

Just personal choice. I'm sure my next car will be the RS7, things are just way too pricey for me right now.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:41 AM
I used to be in love with the Audi until Enterprise gave me a VW Passat as a rental. Basically the same interior with a few upgrades. I like that there's no other car like Porsche.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:17 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by OhNo!
I used to be in love with the Audi until Enterprise gave me a VW Passat as a rental. Basically the same interior with a few upgrades. I like that there's no other car like Porsche.
While they share platforms, Audis that would compare to any Porsche are significantly different from their VW platform mates. Its not just a few upgrades. I came from an Audi to my Porsche

Old 05-20-2016, 06:35 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
I owned an '11 P4S for three years and sold it when I set my sights on the 991 GTS that's pictured here. Mine was GT Silver with Espresso full leather interior with Chrono and PASM. It also had heating and cooling seats front and rear. I honestly loved everything about the car and, except for a one-time PASM sensor failure, the only time it saw the dealership was for routine service. I particularly liked that the car could comfortably seat four adults while handling like a supercar. I'm not the person to ask if you're looking for negative reactions to the Panameras.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:21 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Gotta compare apples-to-apples on the RS7/Pana interiors. Take a Pana with 2-tone interior optioned correctly and it will stand out over the RS IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: On the market...