Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking For Maintenance Opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 10:24 AM
91Dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking For Maintenance Opinions

I've got a '13 GTS with less than 11,000 miles and I'm going to bring it in for the annual oil change. I bought it very lightly used about 9 months ago. I'll have the brake fluid replaced next year at about the 2.5 year point for it and there is no way it needs a new air filter (hasn't been in a dusty environment).

My question is how important is changing the spark plugs with such a low mileage car. I know its seen a mix of highway and city driving over the years so I doubt they would be fouled. I'm thinking of waiting until about the 6 year point to change the plugs. I know what the owners manual says about the 4yr/40,000 mile service but I don't want to drop 2 grand for service if all I really need to take care of the car properly is an oil change. Also, when do you service the PDK? I can't find anything in the manual.

I like the interior design (real gages and buttons) better than the new Pany interior and I'm very happy with the car. So I'll probably keep it for another decade and not worried about resale only effective maintenance. It was not a CPO and is out of warranty so that is not a factor either.

Thoughts?

Old 07-04-2016, 01:38 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
5 years on the plug would be fine with those low miles. The issue is they don t want them to freeze in the threads. Time does that more than miles. I heard guys doing them at 6 years with no issues either. It is cheap insurance if you are able to do it yourself. I don t remember but PDK was much higher miles and time then you have. I wouldn t touch that until it s time. More issues can come up if it s not done right. I understand there are two PDK fluids to be changed also making things more confusing on the internet searches. BTW your sprk plugs would look almost new at that mileage (ask me how I know, LOL). Also 2 grand for plugs is nuts. Find an Independent service location.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Goonie is on a distinguished road
Google panamera maintenance schedule. It'll show you exactly what needs to be done at what intervals. Spark plug change on the turbo is ever 30k.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:12 PM
91Dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the replies guys. My manual says replace oil, plugs, PDK oil, and air filter at XX miles or "No later than every 4 years". That's why I'm throwing out the question to others to see what they think. It's garage kept and never seen snow or salt, just rain. I know the oil and brake fluid need to be changed out on schedule due to moisture absorption but the rest certainly seems unnecesary.

I've read up on the diy stuff and think all in all there's too much I could screw up so plan on just having the dealer do it. We've got a good independent here but the car is still pristine so I think I'll stick with the dealer for now. Thanks for the input.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:46 PM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
I'd follow the service schedule at a good independent shop or at the dealer... Especially if you plan to keep the car. This car is probably the most reliable car that I've ever owned and I'd like to keep it that way so I take it to the dealer get it serviced and enjoy worry free driving..