Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Alignment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 06:00 PM
jzchen will become famous soon enough
When we first got the car I soon got it aligned. It was off and adjustments were made. There were codes afterwards that would pop up. After the strut repair I went back for another $60 alignment. Today I took out my Foxwell tool as I remember seeing "SAS" on a graphic. I was able to calibrate it and clear all the codes. I suspect it causes a PSM code if adjustments are made but no SAS calibration, though my car had several codes so I'm not quite sure.

The alignment instructions I pulled are 14 pages long. If I read it correctly levelling control off, but use PIWIS to raise the car to normal height to do the alignment.

Old 11-21-2019, 06:31 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Per the FSM, alignment is done with:

PRE-CONDITIONS:
  • Curb weight of vehicle, i.e. vehicle in running condition, fully tanked with tire repair kit or spare wheel and tools.
  • Ball-joint and wheel-bearing play in order (wheel-bearing play cannot be adjusted).
  • Tire pressure in accordance with specifications, fairly uniform tire tread. NOTE: This is important one, front PSI different from rear PSI. We are talking one tenth of one degree here for accuracy.
  • Quick-clamping holder for Panamera (for the measured-value pickups) correctly secured to the wheels.
  • Receiving surfaces for the quick-clamping holder on the wheels must be clean and flat. In particular, always accurately check the leveling surface on the wheels before fitting the quick-clamping holders.
  • Strictly comply with maintenance intervals for measuring equipment and measuring platform. If the leveling of the measuring platform or of the measuring area is done in-house, leveling equipment is required. A hose level is inadequate!
  • Skilled handling of measuring equipment and measuring platform.
  • Sliding plates with transverse motion (rotary motion) at the rear axle are advisable.
  • Observe the Technical Literature of Porsche AG, the manufacturer of the measuring equipment and the manufacturer of the measuring platform.
  • Do not treat measured values as a whole, but very critically in regard to driving dynamics, high-speed strength of the tires, tire wear and cost/benefit effects (time required for correction of unimportant deviations). The toe values are critical for driving dynamics and tire wear.
  • If the vehicle is measured front and rear, check and adjust the wheel alignment values at the rear axle first. Camber values at the front axle apply for the straight-ahead position of the wheels. Steering wheel and steering gear in center position when toe is being adjusted.
  • Before wheel alignment values are adjusted at the front and rear axles, it is recommended that the vehicle height be checked at curb weight. Conclusions can then be drawn about wheel alignment values in the event of any suspension alignment that becomes necessary later.

Complete process for wheel alignment specific to your model and suspension, begins on page 11607 of FSM.

Originally Posted by bebeqq1231
I was thinking to do Alignment for my Panamera, quick question, should the air suspension should be off mode when perform? Thanks

Old 11-21-2019, 07:15 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
I've got an appointment at the alignment shop used by both the local dealership and the best Indy.
89$, cut the middle man

Old 11-22-2019, 07:59 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I paid my close shop about 200 bucks to get a lifetime alignment for my cars. Both the CTT and PTT have it, so as long as I own the vehicles, I can go get alignent done as many times as I want. Paid for itself multiple times already. Cost about 100 bucks more than a normal alignment cost. Something you may want to look for if you plan on keeping your cars for a while.
Firestone and several chains offer this too.