Sponsored by:

Best ECU Tune out for the Panamera?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 03:45 PM
KamiLP560 is on a distinguished road
Best ECU Tune out for the Panamera?

Hey Guys,

I already made an introduction on this forum since I am a new owner of a 2012 Panamera Turbo. I have been debating mods to go on the car and decided that I will be building/trying to build my car to as much ponies as possible even going the bigger turbo route now. Its already October and having a stock car until next spring will not cut it so I def need a tune. I have reached out to VIVID and FVD for their tunes. Crank HP #s are very similar 90HP for the FVD tune and 75TQ. VIVID claims 100HP and Im not 100% sure about the TQ rating.

What other tunes out there and if any of you guys run the tunes which tune brings the most power to the table?

FVD - 590HP and 575TQ
VIVID - 600HP and 550TQ
GIAC - 593HP and 598TQ

NOT SURE ON OTHER TUNES BUT SEEMS LIKE THE TQ #S ARE VERY DIFFERENT ON ALL THESE. IF ANYONE WITH THE ACTUAL TUNE ON THE CAR (ANY TUNE) CAN STEP IN AND SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY OTHER COMPANY OR COMPANY LISTED IT WOULD BE GREAT.

Thanks

KAMIL

Old 10-07-2016, 03:55 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
As I mentioned in your intro thread, I have GIAC on my PTT. They have been around a long time and are extremely dedicated to what they do with Porsche tuning. Customer service is great and you would be getting a product properly executed with all the R&D necessary. It comes down to more than just power/TQ numbers.... drive-ability, smoothness, linear delivery, safety. I do love the GIAC offering and my car is NOT slow. ;-)

If you do decide to step up to 20T turbo upgrade FVD is the choice since they have files calibrated for them. GIAC may offer programming for larger turbos but I am not aware of it - contact them.

Old 10-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
As I mentioned in your intro thread, I have GIAC on my PTT. They have been around a long time and are extremely dedicated to what they do with Porsche tuning. Customer service is great and you would be getting a product properly executed with all the R&D necessary. It comes down to more than just power/TQ numbers.... drive-ability, smoothness, linear delivery, safety. I do love the GIAC offering and my car is NOT slow. ;-)

If you do decide to step up to 20T turbo upgrade FVD is the choice since they have files calibrated for them. GIAC may offer programming for larger turbos but I am not aware of it - contact them.
Good to know I appreciate the input. I know I will be doing bigger turbos but not sure how far down the road. I will see as I go.

Thanks for the Reply

Im not sure what extra you get where the VIVID tune is half the price of the GIAC tune and the FVD tune is 3 times less. It seems like the GIAC has a lot more to offer? it def does not show in the HP and TQ #s so Im not sure exactly what it is.

Last edited by KamiLP560; 10-07-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Hey Kamil,
Let me know if you had any specific questions on our tune at all. We can do our tune remote and have done several builds with upgraded turbos if you do decide to go that route. I can also put together special packages with 6speed members discounted pricing to help you save some money. As others have said, don't kill yourself too much looking strictly at HP/TQ numbers; it is very easy to manipulate numbers and two companies can be selling an identical product with different HP numbers based on how they measure the HP. We take pride in our ECU flashes for getting the most power out of the car while being safe, reliable, and comfortable to daily drive.

I am sure a few of members will chime in as the PTT ECU flash is one of our most successful tunes but definitely shoot me a PM if you had any other questions or wanted to get a package put together!

-Austin

Old 10-10-2016, 12:14 AM
amgpan is an unknown quantity at this point
I used Vivid. Im in Sydney, Australia.

It was a really simple process. Paid the money, they sent the Dimsport box to me.
Plugged it in, download the current car ECU to it.

Emailed it to Vivid. They responded almost immediately with a modified file.

Uploaded it to the car, and thats it. Turn key. Been a few months now, and zero dramas.

I can say the 0-100km time with VBOX went from 4.2 down to 3.9 Seconds.
And mind you, the after tune runs i havnt done proper proper ones yet. That was just some quick un-prepared runs.
Car feels very different.

Its not just the car feeling better, but the service from Vivid was great.
Good email response etc. Clear communication.
Wouldnt hesitate using them again.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:15 AM
amgpan is an unknown quantity at this point
Another thing that made me feel comfortable going with them, is i think they had a Pan Turbo themselves (a blue one), so i thought they must know Pan Turbo best way to tune if they had one themselves.

Old 10-10-2016, 11:22 AM
All good points on the VIVID TUNE

Old 10-17-2016, 09:42 PM
hollynitro is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XLR82XS

any link to read about 20T turbo upgrade bro ? and how much it cost ? Thanks

Old 10-18-2016, 01:39 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by hollynitro
any link to read about 20T turbo upgrade bro ? and how much it cost ? Thanks
fvd.com

Old 10-18-2016, 01:45 PM
FVD is very well priced compared to the other tunes. Not sure on their #s but its good that they reflash after more and more mods. I think I will start collecting bolt on parts and slap it all on at once this coming spring.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:44 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
http://www.ardideas.com/TD04HL-20T-P...ade_p_316.html

Alot cheaper and I have been impressed with the work Rob and his crew have done.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by benblack
http://www.ardideas.com/TD04HL-20T-P...ade_p_316.html

Alot cheaper and I have been impressed with the work Rob and his crew have done.
Yo Ben,

Is that your car on the Vivid Video on You Tube? Very cool man

Old 10-20-2016, 04:51 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Yes sir. Thanks

Old 10-21-2016, 10:16 AM
Lboogie78 is on a distinguished road
Custom Tuning from a good friend of mine.

https://www.facebook.com/TuningTechFS/?fref=ts

Old 10-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Thanks boogie I will get in touch with them. Have they tuned panamera before not everyone messes with them they say the market isn't strong enuff. They definitely haven't checked the forums lately lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best ECU Tune out for the Panamera?