Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY Air Suspension help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 12:51 PM
Targa79 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the front right leaking. Happily the extended warranty is still in effect. Being fixed this week.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:33 PM
Kumar Patel is an unknown quantity at this point
there goes the left side!

First, the FSM has some steps that I'm not sure are needed, i.e.deflating all the bags (I didn't). also, the air system isn't a "closed" system, so unsure why Nitrogen is needed (unless it's just for an initial clean source of air...as not all air sources are dry/clean).

Regardless, my drives side airbag now leaks, and I didn't hit any pot holes this time (wonder if it's just age at this point). so here comes a second replacement...should be faster the 2nd time around.

on another note, i was wheeling this past week in my other rig (airsprings in the back only), and damn thing popped too! I love/hate bags!

Kumar

Old 08-14-2018, 01:23 PM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
Where are you sourcing the airbags? Dealer?

Old 08-14-2018, 07:14 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I dont think you can get airbags themselves (bellows).
You can buy new shock, or a reman one.
There are several companies who recondition them and resell. I just got one for 395 with 150 deposit I will get back after I ship them my old shock (they pre pay for shipping back).

Originally Posted by riden
Where are you sourcing the airbags? Dealer?

Old 08-15-2018, 03:30 PM
tallpaul is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ciaka
I dont think you can get airbags themselves (bellows).
You can buy new shock, or a reman one.
There are several companies who recondition them and resell. I just got one for 395 with 150 deposit I will get back after I ship them my old shock (they pre pay for shipping back).
Let us know the results. I've read mixed reviews. I got one from WorldPac, but it was $$ compared to what I've seen online. I need to do the other side so I'm lurking for reliable alternatives to bring the total cost of parts down.

Old 07-06-2022, 09:26 AM
Blistersboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Kiddkynetik
I ended up doing this on my car as well. It was pretty easy for the most part and very similar to any other car with air suspension. One thing to note was these suspensions generally fail are the bushing at the very top. Sometimes it not as noticeable but i sprayed water on the bushing and it was very obvious. If you have any questions feel free to reach out!
B
vI have a question: After changing my air compressor, my system worked fine for about 3 weeks. Then one morning I noticed it was low in the front and rear was normal height.I contacted RMT and they sent me another compressor, so I decided while I was changing it I would change the valve block also. I got both replace and now air suspension system won't come on plus it is all the way down near sitting on the tires. My question is even if the air tank emptied completely, wouldn't the air compressor kick on or has it have to be full of nitrogen to work. Vehicle is too low to even put it on a roll back. Is there some way to make the fault go off and manipulate the system so I can raise it off the tires?

Old 07-06-2022, 05:27 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
If you replaced compressor and valve block, you should have Also replaced compressor relay. They are known to go bad. If relay is bad, it will prevent compressor from working.
20 dollar part. Always replace compressor with relay.
Assuming you connected everything correct, and valve block lines not leaking, yes, the car will be slammed (sitting on shock bushings), since you let air out of lines.
you may have air suspension disabled. Try to turn it on hiding raise button 10 seconds till message cones on cluster..

Also,, use diagnostics package you have to clear our all models errors. That is common reason system does not work after replacing parts- previous errors make car think issue still exists until errors are cleared out.

If all connected, no leaks, no reason for compressor not to start working. After errors clear, turn car on and leave it on. Compressor will run few times for about a mi use each time, them will cool down before cycling again. It will build pressure in air tank. Then ecu will turn on valve block to put air into shocks. Make sure you connected the level sensor wiring, so car can detect what level it is at.

Originally Posted by Blistersboy
B
vI have a question: After changing my air compressor, my system worked fine for about 3 weeks. Then one morning I noticed it was low in the front and rear was normal height.I contacted RMT and they sent me another compressor, so I decided while I was changing it I would change the valve block also. I got both replace and now air suspension system won't come on plus it is all the way down near sitting on the tires. My question is even if the air tank emptied completely, wouldn't the air compressor kick on or has it have to be full of nitrogen to work. Vehicle is too low to even put it on a roll back. Is there some way to make the fault go off and manipulate the system so I can raise it off the tires?