Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Panamera 4s replacing my engine!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 10:16 PM
esiegal is an unknown quantity at this point
2010 Panamera 4s replacing my engine!

I'm in need of help. I am a first time Porsche owner. Purchased last July , 2010 Panamera 4s with 16k miles on it. I instantly fell in love with this car. And then it happened .... a little over 4 weeks ago, the check engine light went on. As I was driving to my Porsche mechanic, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and then it was as if I was running on 5 cylinders. The car had no power and a bogging and rumble from the engine. I read a few posts and thought it was the ignition coils. My mechanic tried that solution and no change. He told me the timing chain was slipping and causing a lot of issues with the engine. He said I needed to replace the engine. I did not get a warranty from the dealer which was a Lamborghini Bentley dealership.
Should I be contacting Porsche? In the 10 months of having the car I put another 16k miles on it.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:32 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
I would reach back to the dealer from who you purchased the car. That's the first place I would start and then go from there, but it could be challenging if you didn't have a warranty on the car. With 32K miles...it shouldn't be dead.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:43 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
Regardless of mileage I'd be surprised if Porsche felt obligated to do anything on a 7 year old car that has been out of warranty for 3+ years. I would try the bentley dealer as well although knowing they are staring at a $15K-$20K proposition they probably won't be much help either especially if they offered you a warranty which you declined. Good Luck & keep us posted.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:15 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
As advised, contact everyone and see what sticks (if anything)....
This is why it is often suggested by Porsche owners not to own any Porsche without a warranty. I know this doesn t help you but it s meant for other s who will read this.
Good luck and maybe someone will help you out a little. This should not be happening with a car of this sort with such low miles.
Did the timing chain bolt break? Think there was a recall on this issue for that year? Maybe follow up on that with Porsche.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:17 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Get Second opinion Too!!!

Old 06-16-2017, 07:26 AM
rmjjensen has a spectacular aura aboutrmjjensen has a spectacular aura aboutrmjjensen has a spectacular aura about
Rather than WC-22, I believe Porsche has an official recall in the US now:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-stalling.html

If this was the cause of your engine failure you might have grounds for a replacement now that they've acknowledged the issue as a safety recall.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:29 PM
robhamster has a spectacular aura aboutrobhamster has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by esiegal
I'm in need of help. I am a first time Porsche owner. Purchased last July , 2010 Panamera 4s with 16k miles on it. I instantly fell in love with this car. And then it happened .... a little over 4 weeks ago, the check engine light went on. As I was driving to my Porsche mechanic, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and then it was as if I was running on 5 cylinders. The car had no power and a bogging and rumble from the engine. I read a few posts and thought it was the ignition coils. My mechanic tried that solution and no change. He told me the timing chain was slipping and causing a lot of issues with the engine. He said I needed to replace the engine. I did not get a warranty from the dealer which was a Lamborghini Bentley dealership.
Should I be contacting Porsche? In the 10 months of having the car I put another 16k miles on it.
Exactly the same thing happened to my 2012 P4S with 19K miles. It first started consuming oil. I was told 1 quart per 1000 miles was normal (which is BS) by the dealer and then it happened just like you with the christmas lights. I was still under warranty so they replaced the engine. I never got the word on what the problem was, but if it was this recall you may have a negotiated solution with Porsche.

I eventually traded my car in for a 2014 Panny Turbo as my P4S was in the shop for at least one week a month for the seven months after the engine replacement with one nit or another related to the engine swap. Loud complaining from me to PCNA yielded a deal on a Porsche executive car from LA. Love it. I am a long term customer and I think PCNA cares about keeping customers. Call them and see what they can do to help.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:18 PM
SportsCommuter is an unknown quantity at this point
I just called my local Porsche dealer and they state they have no open campaigns on this issue.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:29 PM
9917S is an unknown quantity at this point
According to my chat with Porsche, the recall is happening. It takes time for the recall to get updated with dealers. We'll see what happens.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.