Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 01:25 PM
onemanclique is on a distinguished road
Night and day from when you first got it. Amazing job!!

Old 06-18-2018, 08:54 AM
970gts is on a distinguished road
spoiler

In post #53, is that a different spoiler or did you add what looks like LED/chrome to the center portion of the spoiler?

Your vehicle looks great! Reflects (pun intended) all the hard work you've put into it.

Getting my taillights and side directional smoked tomorrow.
Shop is adding PPF over the taillight and side directional to give a glossy look and protect smoke.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:16 AM
Flo1989 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by onemanclique
Night and day from when you first got it. Amazing job!!
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by 970gts
In post #53, is that a different spoiler or did you add what looks like LED/chrome to the center portion of the spoiler?

Your vehicle looks great! Reflects (pun intended) all the hard work you've put into it.

Getting my taillights and side directional smoked tomorrow.
Shop is adding PPF over the taillight and side directional to give a glossy look and protect smoke.
Appreciate it! And nope - the spoiler is completely stock. It's either from reflection or appears that way from because of the photographers edit. Tinting the taillights and side markers is a small mod but boy does it make a world of difference!

Next up --- My piano black interior trim is getting polished and then adding a ceramic coating to it as well. Will post before/after pics.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:50 AM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Looking forward to the ceramic coated interior!!

Old 06-21-2018, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
Looking forward to the ceramic coated interior!!
Me too! Although the interior is extremely clean (even smells new still believe it or not) the black trim is scratched up pretty bad. Only for a few more days though.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:58 AM
Factory 20" Spyder Wheels & Tires are for sale if anyone happens to be interested. Here's the link to the thread via the forums marketplace;

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...es-silver.html

Old 06-21-2018, 02:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Are you polishing the interior trim yourself? I've been wanting to fix the scratched and dull interior components on some of my cars, but I'm afraid i'd cause more damage than anything. Can't wait to see the before and afters!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 06-25-2018, 09:26 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
You can DIY interior trim too. Use small 2" pads, similar to exterior.
One thing to remember, clean the pads very often (more often than larger pads - smaller surface area gets dirtier quicker on small pads).
Use slower speed than exterior since smaller pads will spin quicker (smaller diameter).

My interior trim is painted same color as exterior paint (everything, from vents, all trim, all black). Lucky I do not have a lot of scratches, but nevertheless, will be doing this DIY.
For now, doing maintenance for now. Once all maintenance done, doing exterior and interior polishing. Cant wait.

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Are you polishing the interior trim yourself? I've been wanting to fix the scratched and dull interior components on some of my cars, but I'm afraid i'd cause more damage than anything. Can't wait to see the before and afters!

Old 06-25-2018, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
I actually won’t be doing my interior trim. A buddy of mine owns a detail shop in which he has the Rupes Nano that is capable of using 1” disk, which is needed if you want to do all of the interior trim correctly. Since he’s doing this step, I’m going to let him ceramic coat it as well. I’d suggest seeking a local detail shop that could do it correctly rather than spending $400+ on the polisher + products that you’d probably only use once.
Pics to come soon!

Old 06-27-2018, 06:24 AM
Dahl0113 is an unknown quantity at this point
Plasti-dip

Flo1989,
Ref. to your work on the chrome badges etc. Again thank you for your advice. I did this a few weekends ago and thanks to your advice it worked like a charm. Have washed the car twice since then including high pressure and no signs of problems. Cheap, removable and looks good. The chrome badges combined with agate grey and high gloss black details was a sore in the eye to me so I'm very happy to have that changed. Thanks for getting me to put in the work (minor).
Martin

Old 06-27-2018, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Dahl0113

Flo1989,
Ref. to your work on the chrome badges etc. Again thank you for your advice. I did this a few weekends ago and thanks to your advice it worked like a charm. Have washed the car twice since then including high pressure and no signs of problems. Cheap, removable and looks good. The chrome badges combined with agate grey and high gloss black details was a sore in the eye to me so I'm very happy to have that changed. Thanks for getting me to put in the work (minor).
Martin
Wow, awesome work, Martn! I’m glad my post could be of some help to you. The all black looks mean! I too agree that with all the black trim that comes stock, (window trim, grille, headlight housing etc) the chrome badges seemed left out. Definitely gives it that “complete” feeling. Nice work.

Old 07-15-2018, 02:14 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Flo, if you don’t mind sharing, what percentage tint went on the tail lamps? I really like the look since it’s not too dark.

Btw, following this thread closely, my so far 4S got 18% window tint, paint correction, ceramic coating, next week gets clear wrap on the entire front end. Door decals came in already, I’m planning to plasti dip the letting on the back in dark grey. 22 inch Savini SV F2 wheels soon too. To say the least this thread has been quite inspirational!

Last edited by LGARCIA; 07-15-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
Flo, if you don’t mind sharing, what percentage tint went on the tail lamps? I really like the look since it’s not too dark.

Btw, following this thread closely, my so far 4S got 18% window tint, paint correction, ceramic coating, next week gets clear wrap on the entire front end. Door decals came in already, I’m planning to plasti dip the letting on the back in dark grey. 22 inch Savini SV F2 wheels soon too. To say the least this thread has been quite inspirational!
Love the sound of the mods you said you've made/making - definitely glad my thread was able to help assist you some!
I'm honestly not sure of the percent film used on the taillights. It's a different film than normal window tint as its created to be outside, oppose to window tint that's on the inside. I just told my guy that I wanted a ruby red look - so it's really not a dark film at all. I think it was the second to lightest shade he could get if that helps some...Post a pic of your ride when you get it all together!

Old 07-18-2018, 12:27 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Flo1989 thanks for the inspiration - did the back of my 4S over the weekend :-)

Old 07-19-2018, 10:37 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DogWood
Flo1989 thanks for the inspiration - did the back of my 4S over the weekend :-)
Wow - love it! Looks nice & clean...That red pulls together really well with the taillights.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*