Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 10:10 AM
970gts is on a distinguished road
GTS air filter

Does the GTS only need the one, long, rectangular air filter?
Or does it also have two separate round/oval air filters for the auxiliary air intakes?

Some vendor sites only list one, while others also list the other two as needed for the GTS.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:14 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
good question, always thought that V8 engines has the same intake/air filter; but now i have checked just for curiosity on spare parts software using VIN of this GTS '13
https://www.edmunds.com/porsche/pana...F2A73DL076780/
and was given two part numbers 97011022001 - long; and 99711013031 - 2x rectangular
never seen such confusion ......
but if to look into beginning of part numbers then second is 997... and then:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-mann-par...711013031~man/
first part number:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-mann-par...011022001~man/

and then another confusion comes:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...panameras.html
they say: ''Excludes Porsche Panamera GTS models'' .......

Old 05-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Flo1989 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Bobby Buggs
Flo, I ordered the can of red, was there any special surface prep besides masking
YES! This is probably the most important step in order to get the plasti-dip to stick well. You should use rubbing alcohol to wipe down the "4S" - not only the face of the badges but also use a Q-tip with alcohol to get in between the letters and the whole outline of them as well. Also, wipe down the surrounding area with alcohol - maybe 1" in each direction from the badges.

Originally Posted by 970gts
Does the GTS only need the one, long, rectangular air filter?
Or does it also have two separate round/oval air filters for the auxiliary air intakes?

Some vendor sites only list one, while others also list the other two as needed for the GTS.
I believe it also has the smaller oval shape filters as well but I'm not positive. I just installed the BMC rectangular filter.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:23 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Question about masking off areas with tape.
I think I want to do trim with plastidip. I watched many vids where they did not do any detailed masking. They only masked off a couple inches outside intended surface, then sprayed. After drying they peeled off up to the intended surface.

I wonder if I should tape off just up to the trim, or do what the vids show (tape off couple inches away). Wonder if the spray gets into cracks, and is later hard to remove. If I was to spray onto trim around door, would it not spray into crack making me have to clean up later? Whats the process here?

Old 05-10-2018, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by ciaka
Question about masking off areas with tape.
I think I want to do trim with plastidip. I watched many vids where they did not do any detailed masking. They only masked off a couple inches outside intended surface, then sprayed. After drying they peeled off up to the intended surface.

I wonder if I should tape off just up to the trim, or do what the vids show (tape off couple inches away). Wonder if the spray gets into cracks, and is later hard to remove. If I was to spray onto trim around door, would it not spray into crack making me have to clean up later? Whats the process here?
The key is to start your tape/mask area 1-2" inches away from the area you are dipping so that you can get a smooth peal when it comes time to take it off. Too close and you will start to run into problems. Me personally, I would mask a pretty good amount further out from the desired section because although its just plastidip, you can have overspray (ask me how I know). The spray will get into those cracks - some may peal right out and some you may have to use a toothpick to get the rest of it out. The key here is to make sure you peal it really slow - and when you think you're going slow, go slower.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:56 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Good to know. I think I will get a can or black and black out some small pieces to see how it goes.

Also, what do you think of using Plastidip as clear bra? Or black bra?

I was thinking of it and it appears resistant to heat on hood, so may be a perfect solution to do a good partial spray on hood, mirrors, etc.

I think I saw clear as well as having black. Just wondering if anyone else thought of something like that.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:19 PM
negb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Flo1989
Here's where I ordered the decals from. I can't comment on the quality as I have not received them yet, but will report back once I do.
Google "Vortex Signs" as I again can't post the link.
added the "Panamera GTS" decals in black on both driver and passenger door.
So how is the quality ? I have them ordered more then year ago and they are still in my car's luggage compartment ....
http://www.vortexsigns.com/car-decal...anamera-decals

I was able to get the paint correction done (25 hours of actual work time - beauty is pain lol)
Was it factory painting f*** up or what ?

Old 05-14-2018, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by ciaka
Good to know. I think I will get a can or black and black out some small pieces to see how it goes.

Also, what do you think of using Plastidip as clear bra? Or black bra?

I was thinking of it and it appears resistant to heat on hood, so may be a perfect solution to do a good partial spray on hood, mirrors, etc.

I think I saw clear as well as having black. Just wondering if anyone else thought of something like that.
Hmm. Never heard of anyone using plasti dip as a clear bra. I doubt the clarity would be that great though, so I would probably advise against it and just add clear PPF if you were seeking some sort of protection.

Originally Posted by negb
So how is the quality ? I have them ordered more then year ago and they are still in my car's luggage compartment ....
http://www.vortexsigns.com/car-decal...anamera-decals

Was it factory painting f*** up or what ?
Decal quality is perfect...Went on smoothly, cars been washed numerous times and zero signs of pealing or fading. Be sure to prep your surface area well prior to install.

Lol and no, to 98% of people the paint would’ve been in acceptable shape. It did have some marring, light swirls and scratches that I needed to remove. Most untrained eyes wouldn’t have even noticed it. I’ve bought brand new cars that needed at least a stage 1 polish.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:01 PM
I have ran across folks doing clear bra with plasti dip, thats why I was asking.
Recently saw some results on video and did not impress me. I think you are right, skip that thought.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:15 PM
Finally! The wheels came in and I was able to ceramic coat them this weekend prior to install. I used Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour.

Wheel Specs;
Savini BM12 in a satin matte black finish
22x9 +45 Front
22x10.5 +45 Rear

Click image for larger version

Name:	TPyHBmp.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	574.9 KB
ID:	537017

Attachment 1

Coating applied. It goes on wet, or glossy, but does not stay that once you level it out.

Name:	DaT7Zzo.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	732.8 KB
ID:	537018

Two days later you can clearly see the coating doing part of its job!

Name:	wFHd3xU.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	529.2 KB
ID:	537019

Old 05-16-2018, 08:20 PM
And now they're installed. I could not be happier with the results. My little project is starting to all come together...

Name:	VEywjMq.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	973.1 KB
ID:	537014

Name:	ajzaZ35.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	775.5 KB
ID:	537015

Name:	HRGPr7I.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	628.2 KB
ID:	537016

Attachment 1

Attachment 1

Old 05-17-2018, 08:15 AM
Just A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura about
Looking great! The wheel set up came out perfect!

Old 05-17-2018, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Just A GTS
Looking great! The wheel set up came out perfect!
Thanks! And yeah, more than pleased with the outcome.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:49 PM
allroadusa has a spectacular aura aboutallroadusa has a spectacular aura about
Whaoouh ! Impressive ! Look gorgeous.
Would you mind if I post these pics on my Panamera forum ?

Old 05-17-2018, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by allroadusa
Whaoouh ! Impressive ! Look gorgeous.
Would you mind if I post these pics on my Panamera forum ?
Thanks!! And nope, I don’t mind at all - go for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*