Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 08:34 AM
Flo1989 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by elShiz
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly was it you bought from Magnaflow (part number maybe even a link perhaps)? I wouldn't mind being a bit louder, but the Fabspeed unit is quite expensive for what it is. If you got that sound for $200bucks I'd say that's pretty damn awesome.
I actually was out of pocket $170 in total - that's including labor! Probably the best cost-to-reward mod you can do on these cars. You don't need to go to a fancy muffler shop to have this done either. Here's the link;
Amazon Amazon

Originally Posted by LGARCIA
Sounds really good Flow! Makes me wonder about going this route also...I have the 6cyl 3.0 engine so while I think my exhaust would be louder it might not be as deep...
Thanks buddy! I would probably still give it a shot if it were me. Two reasons why; 1, it's easily reversible if you aren't pleased with it. 2, It's Cheap.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:11 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Did I also see that you also have the sprint booster on with that xpipe?
Is the xpipe safe for no engine lights?
Did u do the xpipe install yourself or went to a shop?
was xpipe welded on or did you install the sleeve clamps that squeeze parts together and seal around connection points?
thanks so much.

Originally Posted by Flo1989
I actually was out of pocket $170 in total - that's including labor! Probably the best cost-to-reward mod you can do on these cars. You don't need to go to a fancy muffler shop to have this done either. Here's the link;

Old 03-03-2019, 11:46 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
WOW that is an inexpensive little sound booster any noticeable change in performance? but at that price the sound gain alone is worth it.

Alright ciaka I'm waiting for your DIY thread on this

Old 03-03-2019, 08:53 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
lol. Always wanted to get a welding machine. right?
Wonder how I would sell that to wife. Already trying to sell he on a new motorcycle YZF-R1M (she saw the near 20k price and wasnt happy).
With my shooting stuff and scuba stuff, and now motor stuff, she is starting to fight back.
We will see.
I thought I heard the sprint booster on his car, but since it is non turbo, would explain some of the revving. I am definitely interested in the magnaflow but am trying to do my homework first, to ensure if installed, it was a good choice.
Will update but may take some time. Greatly appreciate the op giving all his details.

Originally Posted by DogWood
WOW that is an inexpensive little sound booster any noticeable change in performance? but at that price the sound gain alone is worth it.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by ciaka
Did I also see that you also have the sprint booster on with that xpipe?
Is the xpipe safe for no engine lights?
Did u do the xpipe install yourself or went to a shop?
was xpipe welded on or did you install the sleeve clamps that squeeze parts together and seal around connection points?
thanks so much.
Nope - no sprint booster. Only performance mods outside of the x-pipe is a BMC filter and Eurocharged ECU tune. The x-pipe is 100% free of any CEL. No o2 sensors are connected to the resonator therefore no codes are thrown by removing it. Unfortunately it’s not a bolt on set up as you’ll need to weld the x-pipe into place. My muffler shop only charged $70 so it’s well worth it & much better than trying to DYI imo. It’s a tight space and if you don’t have a lift it could make things quite difficult. I ran a magnaflow x-pipe on my AMG for several years with great results so it was a no brainer for me. Good luck!

Old 03-03-2019, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by DogWood

Definitely worth it for the sound alone! I will add that the factory resonator is extremely restrictive, heavy and weirdly shaped; its round on one end and flat on the other. The exhaust is now much more free flowing with this set up. Not sure if it’s the placebo effect but it definitely feels that much quicker.

Old 03-04-2019, 05:30 AM
RDR142 is on a distinguished road

Definitely worth it for the sound alone! I will add that the factory resonator is extremely restrictive, heavy and weirdly shaped; its round on one end and flat on the other. The exhaust is now much more free flowing with this set up. Not sure if it’s the placebo effect but it definitely feels that much quicker.

I could listen to those clips over and over again lol. Sounds great. Glad you are happy with it and for under $200 it's a no brainer. you will get endless pleasure every time you start that thing up, not to mention the backpressure crackles and downshift blips will be a whole new experience now. Hopefully that setup will allow more people to enjoy the same thrill instead of having to fork out a bundle of cash for the fabspeed set up (still totally worth it imo if this alternative wasn't out there)

also a better straight on shot of diffuser in video. i may have to look at getting one. certainly more aggressive but not overstated. as far as mounting, is it just stuck on with adhesive or did it require any drilling for mounting?

love the 6 series as well

Old 03-04-2019, 08:39 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Car sounds awesome and for the price you certainly can't beat that!

Old 03-04-2019, 11:28 AM
Hey Mr. Flo1989, have you had a chance to make recordings of the before & after sound inside cabin, comparing startup, idling, and under full throttle sounds on inside of car? Would be awesome. If not, can you give us your impression of what you noticed sound wise? Thank you again very much.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Hey Mr. Flo1989, have you had a chance to make recordings of the before & after sound inside cabin, comparing startup, idling, and under full throttle sounds on inside of car? Would be awesome. If not, can you give us your impression of what you noticed sound wise? Thank you again very much.
ciaka, if you follow link below, i just posted one cold start and a couple interior cabin videos with fabspeed x-pipe on 13' GTS. it is almost identical to sound of FLO's and should give you a good idea. this is fairly easy driving below 50 mph at most but sounds so much more aggressive than that

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzN...NSYYW2UfHrl4vg

Old 03-04-2019, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by RDR142
I could listen to those clips over and over again lol. Sounds great. Glad you are happy with it and for under $200 it's a no brainer. you will get endless pleasure every time you start that thing up, not to mention the backpressure crackles and downshift blips will be a whole new experience now. Hopefully that setup will allow more people to enjoy the same thrill instead of having to fork out a bundle of cash for the fabspeed set up (still totally worth it imo if this alternative wasn't out there)

also a better straight on shot of diffuser in video. i may have to look at getting one. certainly more aggressive but not overstated. as far as mounting, is it just stuck on with adhesive or did it require any drilling for mounting?

love the 6 series as well
Yes I'm definitely loving the bit more aggression the diffuser provides. It was a really easy install and only required adhesive (provided with the purchase). After mounting it, I kept pressure on it for a good 15 hours to make sure it would hold securely. No issues ever since.
Good eye on the M6 - I'm currently in the process of doing one of my longgg paint corrections with it. I see you're also a M fan with the X5M - great daily.

Originally Posted by OEkun1
Car sounds awesome and for the price you certainly can't beat that!
Sure can't!!

ciaka, if you follow link below, i just posted one cold start and a couple interior cabin videos with fabspeed x-pipe on 13' GTS. it is almost identical to sound of FLO's and should give you a good idea. this is fairly easy driving below 50 mph at most but sounds so much more aggressive than that

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzN...NSYYW2UfHrl4vg
This! Exactly how it sounds. Great footage. Your car looks mean too! Don't think I've seen any pics of it on the forum but was able to see it more in one of your videos. Good luck with that black lol

Old 03-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Yes I'm definitely loving the bit more aggression the diffuser provides. It was a really easy install and only required adhesive (provided with the purchase). After mounting it, I kept pressure on it for a good 15 hours to make sure it would hold securely. No issues ever since.
Good eye on the M6 - I'm currently in the process of doing one of my longgg paint corrections with it. I see you're also a M fan with the X5M - great daily.

Sure can't!!

This! Exactly how it sounds. Great footage. Your car looks mean too! Don't think I've seen any pics of it on the forum but was able to see it more in one of your videos. Good luck with that black lol
Black is scary but looks great when it's clean - ceramic coat helps ease the pain. Haven't posted any pics. just got them downloaded on the computer today so that i can start a thread tomorrow. i've struggled trying to use ipad and phone with this forum. i'm on xbimmers and they have app to load everything and so much easier but i'm locked and loaded now so i can start firing away some P car fun at everyone.

Always been a fan of M cars. still love them. X5M is my beast: ecu tune, sprint booster, full akrapovic titanium exhaust, lowered, signature wheels and crazy power. it's unbelievable for a suv that size. the pani is my first Porsche and i love it. it is everything in one car. reminds me a lot of E55 i had with weight but it is still so nimble and sporty when you need it to be.

Old 03-04-2019, 06:54 PM
My PTT is a deep black color, thats why i am somewhat intimidated to do paint correction on my own. Havent done one yet, and dont want to mess up the clear coat or it will need repaint.
Thats why i asked for some quotes. I would love to be able to diy, but may not have the skill. Too bad you dont live close i would love some lessons.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:30 PM
Black is scary but looks great when it's clean - ceramic coat helps ease the pain. Haven't posted any pics. just got them downloaded on the computer today so that i can start a thread tomorrow. i've struggled trying to use ipad and phone with this forum. i'm on xbimmers and they have app to load everything and so much easier but i'm locked and loaded now so i can start firing away some P car fun at everyone.

Always been a fan of M cars. still love them. X5M is my beast: ecu tune, sprint booster, full akrapovic titanium exhaust, lowered, signature wheels and crazy power. it's unbelievable for a suv that size. the pani is my first Porsche and i love it. it is everything in one car. reminds me a lot of E55 i had with weight but it is still so nimble and sporty when you need it to be.
Sounds like we have similar taste in vehicles; I recently sold my heavily modded CLS55 to make the move to the m6gc. The 55 is a amazing platform with serious TQ with the proper upgrades. Can’t wait to see ur thread get going though..maybe you can throw up a pic of the X5M once you start it..sounds like a nice build!

My PTT is a deep black color, thats why i am somewhat intimidated to do paint correction on my own. Havent done one yet, and dont want to mess up the clear coat or it will need repaint.
Thats why i asked for some quotes. I would love to be able to diy, but may not have the skill. Too bad you dont live close i would love some lessons.
Although paint correcting can easily be a DYI, it definitely requires some skill/practice. Not sure I’d recommend giving it a go for the first time on ur PTT lol. However if you do decide to try it, take a look at Matt Moreman’s YouTube page “Obsessed Garage”. Videos are lengthy, but full of good info. Other than that, I would practice on a family members vehicle who doesn’t care that much about paint flaws...or buy a hood from a junk yard to practice. A local shop would likely charge anywhere between $500-1,500 for paint correction + coating. Big gap in price pending on local market for this service. I definitely would help you out if location wasn’t an issue!

Old 03-05-2019, 05:14 AM
Highly recommend it for the black. Paint correction makes huge difference and ceramic help to give it depth and that little extra protection while also making it much easier to clean and keep clean. In full disclosure, i didn't do it myself. i have a close friend that has ceramic pro shop that did it for me and from the numbers i believe you were quoted, that was a pretty fair price. i paid 750 for correction, 750 for ceramic +400 for wheels. i also installed PPF on nose,fenders, hood and mirrors in between the two processes. even though ceramic provides a small level of protection, i can't comfortably drive down the road without PPF on the front hopefully fending off road debris that gets kicked up. i drive in a panic state half the time dodging potholes, debris and water puddles lol

i'll start a thread today and post some pics of mine going through the process. good luck, look forwarding to seeing it once it done and getting your reaction once you have it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*