Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 08:17 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Thanks JB’996! I went back and forth between the Savini and Vorsteiners both great wheels. I really love the fit and finish, they change the looks of the car completely. I went with gloss graphite on the wheels since my car is black thjs way they stand out some. Post pics of your ride when you get the wheels!

Old 01-17-2019, 03:37 AM
elShiz is on a distinguished road
Good info Flo, really appreciate it. Regarding the tune, I've been curious if it makes comfort mode (neither sport/sp activated) is like having sport or sport plus active? Does that make sense? I'm wondering if sport and sport plus are now not as dramatic of a difference in overall response and delivery now that you have a tune; the baseline seems to be a noticeable difference, so does it "neuter" the other two modes? Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by elShiz; 01-17-2019 at 03:40 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:54 PM
Flo1989 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by elShiz
Good info Flo, really appreciate it. Regarding the tune, I've been curious if it makes comfort mode (neither sport/sp activated) is like having sport or sport plus active? Does that make sense? I'm wondering if sport and sport plus are now not as dramatic of a difference in overall response and delivery now that you have a tune; the baseline seems to be a noticeable difference, so does it "neuter" the other two modes? Hope that makes sense.
Hey man, that's a great question. Unfortunately I can't really say because I never run the car in comfort mode. By the time I hit the end of the driveway its already been placed into Sport. I will say that there is still a difference between Sport & Sport Plus, almost identical as before as far as the characteristic change of the car, shifts, etc. I feel the difference via the tune in Sport & SP, but I still also feel the difference between those two mods if that makes sense. Thus, this would lead me to believe that comfort still feels washed down when compared to S & SP. How much? Can't say for certain. Next time I drive it I'll have to get it a go.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:39 PM
JB's 996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
Thanks JB’996! I went back and forth between the Savini and Vorsteiners both great wheels. I really love the fit and finish, they change the looks of the car completely. I went with gloss graphite on the wheels since my car is black thjs way they stand out some. Post pics of your ride when you get the wheels!
LGARCIA what made you decide for the Savini's wheels instead of the Vorsteiner's? just wondering... yes, the gloss graphite is the color I am after as well, good contrast against the Red Carmine on my Pani. And for sure I will share some pics when I get them... thanks.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:22 PM
JB, I was really like both sets of wheels and went back and forth changing my mind a few times. The price was really close, the place that had the Savini wheels offered Michelin’s PS4 installed, mounted, balanced, with tire pressure monitors, new lug nuts and free shipping..... for the Vorsteiners unfortunately I needed to source my own tires separate.

Last edited by LGARCIA; 01-18-2019 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Flo1989
Hey man, that's a great question. Unfortunately I can't really say because I never run the car in comfort mode. By the time I hit the end of the driveway its already been placed into Sport. I will say that there is still a difference between Sport & Sport Plus, almost identical as before as far as the characteristic change of the car, shifts, etc. I feel the difference via the tune in Sport & SP, but I still also feel the difference between those two mods if that makes sense. Thus, this would lead me to believe that comfort still feels washed down when compared to S & SP. How much? Can't say for certain. Next time I drive it I'll have to get it a go.
Well that's promising, my concern was it would be like the car was in sport/sp all the time and essentially render the two modes seemingly useless. I'm excited to hear what's up when you get a better feel for the tune in all modes.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:17 PM
JB's 996 is on a distinguished road
JB, I was really like both sets of wheels and went back and forth changing my mind a few times. The price was really close, the place that had the Savini wheels offered Michelin’s PS4 installed, mounted, balanced, with tire pressure monitors, new lug nuts and free shipping..... for the Vorsteiners unfortunately I needed to source my own tires separate.
LGARCIA, seems you got a great deal! they are both pretty much the same design, where did you buy them? if you don't mind me asking... I know Vendors run specials at different times and would like to take advantage of that... thanks!

Old 01-18-2019, 04:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
VibeMotorsports is on a distinguished road
Arrow

A few recent mods......painted calipers Red with White lettering. Painted the side vents grey. Everything just stands out more I think, my grey calipers were not cutting it....

Looking good brother, Savini Wheels are looking sharp.

You can also place an order by calling us at 800-814-8423 Ext 107. Ask for Tom

Explore our available products on our website: https://www.vibemotorsports.com/wheels
Old 01-18-2019, 11:13 PM
Thanks Vibe, yes it is coming along nicely, it’s been fun!

JB I’ll private message you.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:36 AM
RDR142 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RDR142
i have this fabspeed xpipe on my '13 Pani GTS and get joy out of it every time i drive it. it does come at a premium but i never grow tired of the blip of a downshift, cold start or just the aggressive growl coming from the exhaust. The sound catches peoples attention as much as the looks of the car. performance aside, i would do this mod just for thrill factor alone

btw, your build is very tastefully done. very clean car and well maintained. if i can figure out how to post pics i'll get more involved with forum and share
Flo, try the link below. i rolled my car out out of the garage the other day to try out the old go pro and see if i could work on getting some sound clips. it's short and tried to do it from a little bit of a distance instead of right on top of exhaust. hopefully the weather will clear up this weekend and i can get out and try to get some drive by's, interior sound and rev's away from the neighborhood so i don't upset the neighbors. it sounds raspy in video which may be old go pro but in person sounds mean and mad at the air in the exhaust lol i haven't heard many stock GTS's so i'm curious to see if you think there is a big difference with x-pipe

Old 03-01-2019, 07:37 AM
Thumbs up

Flo, try the link below. i rolled my car out out of the garage the other day to try out the old go pro and see if i could work on getting some sound clips. it's short and tried to do it from a little bit of a distance instead of right on top of exhaust. hopefully the weather will clear up this weekend and i can get out and try to get some drive by's, interior sound and rev's away from the neighborhood so i don't upset the neighbors. it sounds raspy in video which may be old go pro but in person sounds mean and mad at the air in the exhaust lol i haven't heard many stock GTS's so i'm curious to see if you think there is a big difference with x-pipe

https://youtu.be/Hr1LmI13yq4
Man that sounds damn good!!!! Definitely the first time I’ve been able to truly tell a difference between my stock exhaust set up...Thanks for the clip. Oddly enough, I take my car in today to have my X pipe installed. I’m going a different route though; I decided to try a magnaflow x-pipe in place of the resonator to see what type of tone I can achieve. It’s a <$200 total set up, so if I don’t like it I’ll simply revert back to stock & most likely go the fabspeed way. I will report back with sound clips for anyone that may be interested.

Edit to answer your question: Yes, I think it’s definitely a big difference over stock.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:06 AM
RDR142 is on a distinguished road

Man that sounds damn good!!!! Definitely the first time I’ve been able to truly tell a difference between my stock exhaust set up...Thanks for the clip. Oddly enough, I take my car in today to have my X pipe installed. I’m going a different route though; I decided to try a magnaflow x-pipe in place of the resonator to see what type of tone I can achieve. It’s a <$200 total set up, so if I don’t like it I’ll simply revert back to stock & most likely go the fabspeed way. I will report back with sound clips for anyone that may be interested.

Edit to answer your question: Yes, I think it’s definitely a big difference over stock.
looking forward to hearing the difference. i think most of the enjoyment comes from the cockpit when you hear it under load and also blipping for downshift and crackling. I'm sure you should achieve very similar results with magnaflow. i think you are going to like how angry it sounds. you'll notice people snap their head around when you start it up lol.

if you don't mind, can you get a sound clip of before (stock) and after (with magnaflow) and i will try and get some cabin sound clips this weekend.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:03 PM
looking forward to hearing the difference. i think most of the enjoyment comes from the cockpit when you hear it under load and also blipping for downshift and crackling. I'm sure you should achieve very similar results with magnaflow. i think you are going to like how angry it sounds. you'll notice people snap their head around when you start it up lol.

if you don't mind, can you get a sound clip of before (stock) and after (with magnaflow) and i will try and get some cabin sound clips this weekend.
You were definitely right in both the exhaust sounding mad at the air (lol) and it also being angry - I love it!! The downshifts blips are a lot more pronounced and it even has a increased "over run" burble simply from pressing the throttle and letting off (without switching gears). I put together a quick before and after video...nothing special and the quality could be a lot better but it's enough to tell the difference. I think it will be clear what's before & after..

The drive-by at the end was done at about 70% throttle. Only a after clip of that..

(click HD for best quality)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xp6c0krdtz...%20PM.mov?dl=0

Last edited by Flo1989; 03-02-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:34 PM
You were definitely right in both the exhaust sounding mad at the air (lol) and it also being angry - I love it!! The downshifts blips are a lot more pronounced and it even has a increased "over run" burble simply from pressing the throttle and letting off (without switching gears). I put together a quick before and after video...nothing special and the quality could be a lot better but it's enough to tell the difference. I think it will be clear what's before & after..

The drive-by at the end was done at about 70% throttle. Only a after clip of that..

(click HD for best quality)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xp6c0krdtz...%20PM.mov?dl=0
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly was it you bought from Magnaflow (part number maybe even a link perhaps)? I wouldn't mind being a bit louder, but the Fabspeed unit is quite expensive for what it is. If you got that sound for $200bucks I'd say that's pretty damn awesome.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:48 PM
Sounds really good Flow! Makes me wonder about going this route also...I have the 6cyl 3.0 engine so while I think my exhaust would be louder it might not be as deep...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*