Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 03:07 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Flo1989
Thanks. Pricing depends on whether or not you want it to come unpainted or painted - I went with the painted route at $521, unpainted was $431. Fitment was spot on - mounted it using urethane adhesive that was provided via the seller.

https://directcartoys.com/2010-2013-...-diffuser.html

I dealt with Omar if anyone is interested. Telling him that Flint sent you may help...They have a decent amount of Panamera add-on's and I assumed some of you guys may be interested.
Thanks Flint. $419 for the unpainted non-turbo version not bad.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:13 PM
Kirklan is an unknown quantity at this point
What's everyone's opinion on this spoiler. I think it looks nice and breaks up the rear end of the car a little bit without driving around with the spoiler up all the time. Only issue is it covers up the "Porsche" lettering.

https://directcartoys.com/2010-2013-porsche-panamera-euro-style-flush-mount-rear-lip-spoiler.html

Old 01-14-2019, 08:46 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
I was just looking at the same spoiler, looks like the Speedart one. You can do away the letters or re-position them lower.
I think it looks like it belongs there, overall I like it!

Check out how this one is painted, that black portion makes it happen, if you car is not black that is...
https://www.vividracing.com/speedart...3-p-92091.html

Last edited by LGARCIA; 01-14-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:59 PM
Kirklan is an unknown quantity at this point
My car (2012 PS) is the same color (Platinum Silver) the one in your link. That looks really nice. OP probably just cost me money!!!

Old 01-15-2019, 07:51 AM
Oh it would look great on silver with the part painted black. I am sure you can get replicas in the $500 range, then the paint job...so yeah it will take some $$. My car is black so that has been my hesitation....

Old 01-15-2019, 06:18 PM
JB's 996 is on a distinguished road
Flint, great post... your car is looking great! I also have a 2013 GTS and love it! needs some good detailing just don't seem to find the time... that diffuser definitely is a nice addition... I am holding on the tune as I was looking for someone's opinion on it, so any further comments on the tune will be appreciated. I am familiar with Eurocharged, they tuned my E60 M5 and loved it! There is also a tune by Fabspeed, same process by using the MyGenius device, but a little more expensive.
I am also playing with the idea of switching this:
https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-970...bypass-x-pipe/
I know they sound really good, but maybe a bit more aggressive sound?
Well thanks for a great read, please keep it up... subscribed

Old 01-15-2019, 07:23 PM
Flo1989 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JB's 996
Flint, great post... your car is looking great! I also have a 2013 GTS and love it! needs some good detailing just don't seem to find the time... that diffuser definitely is a nice addition... I am holding on the tune as I was looking for someone's opinion on it, so any further comments on the tune will be appreciated. I am familiar with Eurocharged, they tuned my E60 M5 and loved it! There is also a tune by Fabspeed, same process by using the MyGenius device, but a little more expensive.
I am also playing with the idea of switching this:
https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-970...bypass-x-pipe/
I know they sound really good, but maybe a bit more aggressive sound?
Well thanks for a great read, please keep it up... subscribed
Hey man, I appreciate it! We all truly have some great cars in the Panamera platform.

As for the ECU tune, I was able to sneak the GTS out on a 40 degree day to try launch control a couple of times. And although I don't have data with proven results yet, I'm confident in saying that the car definitely pulled harder from 0-65/70mph. As stated before, I do plan on getting a Dragy performance meter to test various times to see what we end up with.

Now for the Fabspeed X-pipe...Here's my thoughts...
So I took my car to my muffler guy so that we could put it on a lift and check out the factory exhaust as I was considering removing one of the resonators since I thought there were at least two in place. Our cars sound great in stock form, but after seeing Fabspeeds stock exhaust vs there X-pipe photo, I thought to myself, "man, removing 1, maybe even 2 of the resonators/mufflers may be enough to get me the deeper tone I'm looking for". So long story short, once we removed the underbody panels, I was able to see that their stock photo was not at all what our exhaust looks like. We only have 1 of the 3 mufflers/resonators they showed in their stock photo. So that lead to me think, do I really want to shell out $1,800 for a x pipe? Seeing as how the remaining parts their exhaust replaces is already straight piped. Maybe you guys all knew this and I'm just late to the party. I know Fabspeed is a well proven company so I'm not questioning them at all, but only the dollar-to-benefit factor for myself. So what I'm planning to do is replace the only resonator we have (pictured with the green circle) with a custom X pipe. In the picture below, the two X's covering the resonator/mufflers are nonexistent on the GTS stock exhaust.

Click image for larger version

Name:	w7Ov0Ep.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	536624

Old 01-15-2019, 08:16 PM
Does anyone know if adding a custom x-pipe to the 3.0tt engine would have an adverse effect on performance?
I would imagine it would give louder deep sounds...

Old 01-16-2019, 09:21 AM
RDR142 is on a distinguished road
Hey man, I appreciate it! We all truly have some great cars in the Panamera platform.

As for the ECU tune, I was able to sneak the GTS out on a 40 degree day to try launch control a couple of times. And although I don't have data with proven results yet, I'm confident in saying that the car definitely pulled harder from 0-65/70mph. As stated before, I do plan on getting a Dragy performance meter to test various times to see what we end up with.

So I took my car to my muffler guy so that we could put it on a lift and check out the factory exhaust as I was considering removing one of the resonators since I thought there were at least two in place. Our cars sound great in stock form, but after seeing Fabspeeds stock exhaust vs there X-pipe photo, I thought to myself, "man, removing 1, maybe even 2 of the resonators/mufflers may be enough to get me the deeper tone I'm looking for". So long story short, once we removed the underbody panels, I was able to see that their stock photo was not at all what our exhaust looks like. We only have 1 of the 3 mufflers/resonators they showed in their stock photo. So that lead to me think, do I really want to shell out $1,800 for a x pipe? Seeing as how the remaining parts their exhaust replaces is already straight piped. Maybe you guys all knew this and I'm just late to the party. I know Fabspeed is a well proven company so I'm not questioning them at all, but only the dollar-to-benefit factor for myself. So what I'm planning to do is replace the only resonator we have (pictured with the green circle) with a custom X pipe. In the picture below, the two X's covering the resonator/mufflers are nonexistent on the GTS stock exhaust.

i have this fabspeed xpipe on my '13 Pani GTS and get joy out of it every time i drive it. it does come at a premium but i never grow tired of the blip of a downshift, cold start or just the aggressive growl coming from the exhaust. The sound catches peoples attention as much as the looks of the car. performance aside, i would do this mod just for thrill factor alone

btw, your build is very tastefully done. very clean car and well maintained. if i can figure out how to post pics i'll get more involved with forum and share

Old 01-16-2019, 09:52 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
i really like the result of your diffuser work. i could even see it being a bit more aggressive - a bit deeper (hanging down equal to the exhaust tips - more pronounced tangs) and maybe 3 middle channels.

what you have looks very clean and not overdone, though.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
Does anyone know if adding a custom x-pipe to the 3.0tt engine would have an adverse effect on performance?
I would imagine it would give louder deep sounds...
Adding a way for your exhaust to flow more freely in theory should almost never affect performance in a negative manner. Same works on the flip side - I wouldn't expect much gains from a performance stand point by just doing a x-pipe. You would need to do a number of other mods (intakes, tunes etc) for that to be the case. Nonetheless, I think it would wake your car up some which I'm sure is what you're looking for! Check some YouTube videos out to see how you like the sound.

Originally Posted by RDR142
i have this fabspeed xpipe on my '13 Pani GTS and get joy out of it every time i drive it. it does come at a premium but i never grow tired of the blip of a downshift, cold start or just the aggressive growl coming from the exhaust. The sound catches peoples attention as much as the looks of the car. performance aside, i would do this mod just for thrill factor alone

btw, your build is very tastefully done. very clean car and well maintained. if i can figure out how to post pics i'll get more involved with forum and share
Thanks for the kind works! And thank you for your feedback on the Fabspeed x-pipe as well. I'm a sound junky so I can only imagine how great these cars sound with a bit less restriction! If you are able to get some standing revs and/or drive by videos, that would be great. There's only one video out there of the GTS with an x-pipe that I'm aware of but the microphone is directly above the exhaust. I've never been able to really tell a difference with those type of videos as I never hear the exhaust that close in person to really tell a difference. If you are in fact able to get those sounds clips, you could always use dropbox or YouTube to share them on the forum.

Originally Posted by C4Sbeebe
i really like the result of your diffuser work. i could even see it being a bit more aggressive - a bit deeper (hanging down equal to the exhaust tips - more pronounced tangs) and maybe 3 middle channels.

what you have looks very clean and not overdone, though.
Thanks man!! If it were up to me, I would have opted for a more aggressive diffuser but that just wasn't an option. I probably put in 4-5 hours of search time over the past month seeking diffusers for the '13 Panamera and the pickings were slim. And the ones that were more aggressive looked like China crap. But now that it's all said and done, I'm more than satisfied with the diffuser.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:31 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
removing both chambers from stock will not cause CEL or a drone? Just wondering.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:55 PM

FLO, thanks for your comments on the tune, I more than likely get it, Eurocharged does a great job on their tunes!

Also, RDR142's comments are exactly what I had in mind and would expect from the X pipe, thanks RDR142!

Old 01-16-2019, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by ciaka
removing both chambers from stock will not cause CEL or a drone? Just wondering.
You'll only get a CEL if you remove cats, or anything with o2 sensors attached. I think drone is very subjective, but I would imagine you'd have to remove the mufflers + resonator and/or cats to start to experience it.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
One more...
LGARCIA, those wheels look awesome! I am getting the Vorsteiner V-FF 107, pretty much the same design and price...
https://www.vividracing.com/vorstein...151815514.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*