Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal* - Page 14 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Notices
Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche

Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*

 
  #196  
Old 03-05-2019, 05:29 AM
RDR142's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: North Carolina
Age: 47
Posts: 46
Rep Power: 2
RDR142 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post


Sounds like we have similar taste in vehicles; I recently sold my heavily modded CLS55 to make the move to the m6gc. The 55 is a amazing platform with serious TQ with the proper upgrades. Can’t wait to see ur thread get going though..maybe you can throw up a pic of the X5M once you start it..sounds like a nice build!




Although paint correcting can easily be a DYI, it definitely requires some skill/practice. Not sure I’d recommend giving it a go for the first time on ur PTT lol. However if you do decide to try it, take a look at Matt Moreman’s YouTube page “Obsessed Garage”. Videos are lengthy, but full of good info. Other than that, I would practice on a family members vehicle who doesn’t care that much about paint flaws...or buy a hood from a junk yard to practice. A local shop would likely charge anywhere between $500-1,500 for paint correction + coating. Big gap in price pending on local market for this service. I definitely would help you out if location wasn’t an issue!
Agreed. AMG had insane motor but i had issues with parts that shouldn't be a problem like fuel cell and radiator (under 60K miles)

I'll work on getting a thread started today. until then X5M pics and some Panamera pics on instagram @rdr142 and @frenchman142


ditto to not trying on PTT for first attempt
 

Last edited by RDR142; 03-05-2019 at 05:35 AM.
  #197  
Old 03-07-2019, 06:03 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: los alto, california
Posts: 223
Rep Power: 13
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Flo1989, you truly put a labor of love in your Pan. It is AWESOME !!! Good job. I love it. The wheels are really nice. I may have to put it on my do-list project for the springtime.
 
  #198  
Old 03-10-2019, 05:38 PM
Flo1989's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Ohio
Age: 29
Posts: 94
Rep Power: 5
Flo1989 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dougcayenne View Post
Flo1989, you truly put a labor of love in your Pan. It is AWESOME !!! Good job. I love it. The wheels are really nice. I may have to put it on my do-list project for the springtime.
Appreciate it!! You definitely should - you'll love the car all over again!
 
  #199  
Old 03-11-2019, 08:45 PM
LGARCIA's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: South Florida
Age: 45
Posts: 209
Rep Power: 9
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough

Finally got around doing the Plasti Dip
 
  #200  
Old 03-13-2019, 01:04 PM
Flo1989's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Ohio
Age: 29
Posts: 94
Rep Power: 5
Flo1989 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LGARCIA View Post

Finally got around doing the Plasti Dip
Nice work!! Color compliments the rest of the trim/wheels.
 
  #201  
Old 03-13-2019, 01:14 PM
Flo1989's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Ohio
Age: 29
Posts: 94
Rep Power: 5
Flo1989 is on a distinguished road
Although I don't have any before/after shots of the Swissvax interior cleaner on the GTS, I do have them for my M6GC and the results were just too good not to share. The kit is kind of pricey, but well worth it imo. I think I paid about $135 in all. After doing the entire interior, I still have enough product left to do about another 4/5 sedans. Fyi there is NO dye in this product...





Steering wheel photo shows after than before..

 

Last edited by Flo1989; 03-13-2019 at 01:19 PM.
  #202  
Old 03-13-2019, 04:22 PM
DogWood's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bend, Oregon
Age: 55
Posts: 379
Rep Power: 16
DogWood is on a distinguished road
Wow that is impressive!
 
  #203  
Old 03-13-2019, 06:41 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: los alto, california
Posts: 223
Rep Power: 13
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
wow ... That's awesome result. Thank you for sharing it. I agree that it is quite $$$.
 
  #204  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:00 PM
LGARCIA's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: South Florida
Age: 45
Posts: 209
Rep Power: 9
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Great results for sure, amazing that you get that much betterment with any dye.
 
  #205  
Old 03-14-2019, 05:31 AM
RDR142's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: North Carolina
Age: 47
Posts: 46
Rep Power: 2
RDR142 is on a distinguished road
Looks awesome. price isn't that bad considering you get those kind of results. well worth it imo. seats look brand new and i like your carbon center console

on another note, were you as nervous to post another brand on here as i was lol. i'm like you, when you see that much difference it's worth bending the rules a bit to share good product info
 
  #206  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:19 PM
Flo1989's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Ohio
Age: 29
Posts: 94
Rep Power: 5
Flo1989 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DogWood View Post
Wow that is impressive!
Originally Posted by dougcayenne View Post
wow ... That's awesome result. Thank you for sharing it. I agree that it is quite $$$.
Originally Posted by LGARCIA View Post
Great results for sure, amazing that you get that much betterment with any dye.
Appreciate it, fellas!!

Originally Posted by RDR142 View Post
Looks awesome. price isn't that bad considering you get those kind of results. well worth it imo. seats look brand new and i like your carbon center console

on another note, were you as nervous to post another brand on here as i was lol. i'm like you, when you see that much difference it's worth bending the rules a bit to share good product info
Wow good eye. I had to double back on my photos as I didn't think the CF interior was visible lol. But yes, definitely worth the money. I'm just as **** about my interior as my exterior so it was a no brainer for me. As far as posting about the M, I second guessed it for a second, but then thought about how most people follow my thread for the useful information and this was something they could relate to regardless of vehicle. Now if I were to post a sound clip of my new exhaust on the M6, that may be pushing it haha.
 
  #207  
Old 03-19-2019, 05:23 AM
RDR142's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: North Carolina
Age: 47
Posts: 46
Rep Power: 2
RDR142 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Appreciate it, fellas!!



Wow good eye. I had to double back on my photos as I didn't think the CF interior was visible lol. But yes, definitely worth the money. I'm just as **** about my interior as my exterior so it was a no brainer for me. As far as posting about the M, I second guessed it for a second, but then thought about how most people follow my thread for the useful information and this was something they could relate to regardless of vehicle. Now if I were to post a sound clip of my new exhaust on the M6, that may be pushing it haha.
i don't know about anyone else but i'm still waiting for sound clip from M6 jk

i am curious what exhaust you got though...... i have akrapovic evolution full titanium with carbon tips on x5m and love it. it is unbelievable how light it is compared to stock and sound is solid. are you on bimmerpostcom forums at all? pretty good site for the roundel community
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Flo1989
Panamera
3
12-23-2018 12:52 PM
roseylv
996 Turbo / GT2
22
07-25-2011 11:40 AM
skizot
997
27
04-18-2009 08:27 AM
Schnitzer
996 Turbo / GT2
18
03-03-2007 11:38 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*


Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.