Notices
Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche

Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*

Old 01-02-2019, 01:39 PM
Flo1989 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by elShiz View Post
Thank you for the reply and sharing your experiences with EC. I've gotta say that's far easier than I expected, and if I'm being honest kinda crazy if you think about it; I know its been like this for years now, but still not having to spend hours with a dude tuning and dyno runs etc, it's all boiled down to email and downloads. That's awesome.

Can't wait to see install pics of the diffuser. Mine came with paint matched and gloss black rear lower bumper part, so the addition of a more aggressive diffuser could look really good.
It is definitely crazy when you think about it. And yeah, not earth shattering numbers on a tuned GTS, but take for instance my M6GC; a simple OBD tune can yield you 90+whp. Insane.

My GTS also has that same gloss black diffuser yours has. They have tiny little humps (not worthy to calls fins) on them that I think need to be exaggerated, so I'm hopeful this new diffuser fills that void.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:25 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
I really need to take a close look at the diffusers for the 2015 bumper, I have not come across anything that stood out.

The tune via email is insane, I agree times have changed! Glad it is that simple nowadays.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:23 PM
A few recent mods......painted calipers Red with White lettering. Painted the side vents grey. Everything just stands out more I think, my grey calipers were not cutting it....

Old 01-12-2019, 05:49 PM
DogWood is on a distinguished road
Love the red calipers, thinking hard about doing the same thing to mine

Old 01-12-2019, 09:05 PM
I’m very happy with the result, the red really brings out the calipers and surely makes it look more sporty.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by LGARCIA View Post
A few recent mods......painted calipers Red with White lettering. Painted the side vents grey. Everything just stands out more I think, my grey calipers were not cutting it....

Looks great! I particularly like how the red calipers pull the red from your wheel center caps - nicely done.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:37 PM
Yes, the Red just plays well with the rest, especially the center caps. The Grey vents seems to go well with the door decal too, overall I am happy with how it came out!
I am debating if I should paint the under the mirror area in Grey....then again, might also be too much Grey....I will post pics if I go for it.

Any update on the rear lower diffuser Flo?

Old 01-13-2019, 07:36 PM
Yes, the Red just plays well with the rest, especially the center caps. The Grey vents seems to go well with the door decal too, overall I am happy with how it came out!
I am debating if I should paint the under the mirror area in Grey....then again, might also be too much Grey....I will post pics if I go for it.

Any update on the rear lower diffuser Flo?
Actually, yes...I just installed it yesterday and took it out of the garage to snap a few pics today - I love it. It's a mix of aftermarket / OEM in my opinion. Kind of like it's a factory "sport package" diffuser if you will. Not over the top, but enough to grab your attention.

Last edited by Flo1989; 01-13-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:15 PM
You are right, it looks aggressive and OEM, really sharp! Great job it stand out just enough!

Old 01-13-2019, 09:38 PM
You are right, it looks aggressive and OEM, really sharp! Great job it stand out just enough!
Appreciate it!

Old 01-14-2019, 08:18 AM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
Does the defuser serve any functionality or is just cosmetic. I would think that It might interfere with the Porsche design down force characteristics. Does look good though.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by mziegler38 View Post
Does the defuser serve any functionality or is just cosmetic. I would think that It might interfere with the Porsche design down force characteristics. Does look good though.
I get where you’re coming from, but I highly doubt it affects the downforce in a negative manner. If anything I think it would help. Nonetheless, I think if any testing were to be done before and after this diffuser, they would likely yield the same results. It’s not a big enough diffuser to truly change the characteristics of the car. And if it did, it would be at 180mph plus - don’t think many GTS owners will ever see MPH in these cars. FYI these fins line up exactly where the stock “fins” did, just more exaggerated.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:46 AM
DogWood is on a distinguished road
Loos great and I agree, minimal if any impact on the down force - got details on it?

Old 01-14-2019, 10:17 AM
NiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond reputeNiceCar has a reputation beyond repute
The front-end downforce being a little too light is the only problem I noticed when driving a GTS at full speed.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by DogWood View Post
Loos great and I agree, minimal if any impact on the down force - got details on it?
Thanks. Pricing depends on whether or not you want it to come unpainted or painted - I went with the painted route at $521, unpainted was $431. Fitment was spot on - mounted it using urethane adhesive that was provided via the seller.

https://directcartoys.com/2010-2013-...-diffuser.html

I dealt with Omar if anyone is interested. Telling him that Flint sent you may help...They have a decent amount of Panamera add-on's and I assumed some of you guys may be interested.

Last edited by Flo1989; 01-14-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.