Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: Panamera - Cabin Filter Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 07:00 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
DIY: Panamera - Cabin Filter Replacement

The hope is we will no longer have anyone say 'gotta take my Panamera to the dealer, to replace the cabin filter'.
If you still gotta go, might as well send me a couple hundred bucks for no reason at all (be glad to give you my paypal id).

Otherwise, it takes just a few minutes and you will have good air again.

Follow pics in order and you will be done in no time.

REMEMBER: ARROW POINTS TOWARDS FRONT OF CAR ON CABIN FILTER.

Attached Images           

Last edited by ciaka; 05-07-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:13 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
you've been busy :-) thanks for sharing

Old 05-08-2018, 08:00 PM
Victory007 is on a distinguished road
Very Nice. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2018, 05:00 PM
negb is on a distinguished road
Respect for detailed write up, but
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ir-filter.html
always worth first to check http://www.insanegarage.com webpage for maintenance tips

Old 05-10-2018, 06:14 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I did notuce few places have the process. Howwver I thought to put something up on forums I frequent. Hence this wtite up. Thank you for comments as well.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:44 PM
negb is on a distinguished road
I didn't want to say anything bad, just I know how much time takes to write these DYI, yours is very good one!

Old 05-10-2018, 09:27 PM
I know your intentions are good. I like writing detailed DIYs since so many of them are useless, not due to lack of content, but poor explanations.
Glad you like it.
I have a bunch planned, we will see if they manifest as finished products. Sometimes on difficult job I lose patience for taking multiple pics and break off work at hand. So we will see.
Thank you.

Old 05-12-2018, 04:13 PM
vkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you ciaka! Great to have you a part of the forum. I just replaced my cabin filter today using your DIY write up! I have also seen the write up on Insane Garage but found yours more informative. I normally would have had the dealer do this as part of a routine service but was able to do because of your write up. I’m sure you saved me a couple of hundred dollars between the parts mark up and service “time” (took all of 5 minutes!). Much appreciated and look forward to more of your DIY’s!

Old 05-12-2018, 06:58 PM
2thfxr is on a distinguished road
Most detailed and therefore best explanation I have seen on this DIY. Thanks for the effort on this and anticipation of the next one.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:35 PM
Glad folks are finding diys informative.

Now that you have done cabin filter, I challenge you to replace the air filter.
I found someone did videos to do it, and tbey were thorough, so did not duplicate. I just collected related videos in sequence so yoy can just watch and follow along.
You remove headlights, remive bumper, remove air box and swap air filter.
Trust me, one you do it, you will laugh at thought you paid someone few hundred dollars to do for you.
When I first got my Panamera, I found you have to drop bumper for air filter, and I said to myself - WTF!!!
Then I searched, and watched the videos. Thats when I laughed at how simple it is. If you ever put up a picture frame, or did any screwdriver work, you already have enough experience. Just reserve 3 hours to be on safe side and not rush. You will be glad you did it.
So check out my DIY for air filter, and decide that you will keep 600 bucks in your pocket, and replace on your own.

Good luck.

Old 05-13-2018, 01:07 PM
vkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond repute
Did you use the DIY video on Insane Garage to get the steps for engine air filter replacements or did you use something else? Can you post your source? My next DIY will be to change the engine air filter. Already got the replacement filter on-line from Sonnen Porsche. Thanks again!

Old 05-13-2018, 05:42 PM
I did not use insanagarage as source for air filter. Found someone else videos which were perfect in explaining what to do.

I used this guys videos, and it was easy.

Video does not cover electrical disconnections. I took photos and will post tomorrow if I have time. Explanation of these is below.
After bumper comes off (well, when it is hanging on front of the car, after you remove all bolts and two clips), there are 2 electrical connectors on each side (one for sensor on bumper itself, one supplying electrical stuff on bumper - this one is near headlight assembly to disconnect).
First sensor connector is disconnected by pressing in the metal wire.
Second disconnection is made by pressing hard on end of the plastic tab and at same time pushing both connections apart. I found it easy to first remove the retaining clip that holds connection to the frame of the car.
The clip comes out of the body frame, not from the wiring. Be easy and careful so that you can re use the retaining clip.

Then, you have to disconnect the washer fluid pipe on each side - make sure washer fluid is low so you dont leak out a bunch on your ground).
Have bucket ready to catch washer fluid if needed.
Then follow videos and you are all set. Make sure to re connect each wiring or you will get errors and will have to disassemble again to fix.

Here is DIY I made and followed:

1. Remove headlights:

2. Remove bumper:

3. Remove and replace air filter:

Originally Posted by vkb123
Did you use the DIY video on Insane Garage to get the steps for engine air filter replacements or did you use something else? Can you post your source? My next DIY will be to change the engine air filter. Already got the replacement filter on-line from Sonnen Porsche. Thanks again!

Last edited by ciaka; 05-13-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:34 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Thank you for the DYI on the cabin air filter, I will change mine this weekend

Old 06-06-2018, 01:21 PM
970gts is on a distinguished road
GTS air fllters

The GTS has two additional air filters, one for each auxiliary air inlets on the outermost scoops on the bumper. (I think)
Has anyone ever had those replaced?
And is there a DIY for it, or is it pretty easy to figure out once the main air filter is being replaced?

Thanks.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:19 PM
From videos I have seen, process is very similar, except outer elements are removed after bumper is off. You can do this easily.

Originally Posted by 970gts
The GTS has two additional air filters, one for each auxiliary air inlets on the outermost scoops on the bumper. (I think)
Has anyone ever had those replaced?
And is there a DIY for it, or is it pretty easy to figure out once the main air filter is being replaced?

Thanks.