Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What oil consumption does your panamera get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 02:57 PM
jrjunior31 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by newporsche
jrjunior how many miles on yours? has it gotten better or always been that way?

im thinking my vehicle never was driven hard, should i be doing that on the highway to seat the rings or is it too late with 35000 miles
22K miles, it’s always needed oil often. I think GTS and Turbo burns more oil. Also driving style and city/freeway mix I’m sure has an effect.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:17 PM
newporsche is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe i should drive it hard on the freeway go through all the high rpms and see if that helps?

Old 06-11-2018, 07:23 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Some say the only way to do this right is to drive the car hard almost right off the bat when new. After a while they wont 'seat' more than they already are.
However I encourage you to drive your car fast - great feeling. Go to your downtown area, and drive twice the speed limit back and forth for an hour or so. Then everything should be seated, including you.

jrjunior how many miles on yours? has it gotten better or always been that way?

im thinking my vehicle never was driven hard, should i be doing that on the highway to seat the rings or is it too late with 35000 miles

Old 06-12-2018, 01:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
maybe i should drive it hard on the freeway go through all the high rpms and see if that helps?
Definitely think you need to drive it hard, give it the Italian tune up! Make sure all your fluid are good and take it for a nice drive.

Originally Posted by ciaka
Some say the only way to do this right is to drive the car hard almost right off the bat when new. After a while they wont 'seat' more than they already are.
However I encourage you to drive your car fast - great feeling. Go to your downtown area, and drive twice the speed limit back and forth for an hour or so. Then everything should be seated, including you.
What seems to work for me (with brand new cars) is driving the car normally until everything's up to operating temps, then drive it like you stole it. It's probably key to get the car up through the entire rev range to get things seated and broken in. Make sure you let the engine cool down a bit (20-30 secs) before you turn it off too. Again, this is my own personal experience.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST