Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera 21" wheel thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:23 PM
AluminumMistress is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow that looks great. Are you using lowering links?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:15 PM
Deezflip is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Glamjuice
Yes man, it did a lot! I appreciate it.

One more thing. How much suspension clearance do you have now? I want to put 12.5J in rear) I know that 12J fitting fine with flush fitment. not sure about 12.5.
I roughly measured it and seems to be plenty at 2.5in - 3in from the suspension with the spacers on(that's with 315mm tires on 11in at 41ET). Getting 12 or 12.5 to fit shouldn't be a problem.

so to get that same "flush" with the wider wheel widths, 12in width = 54ET, 12.5in = 60ET,....but again I'm slighty rubbing with 315mm tires. so moving the offset inwards slightly should hopefully clear. For example, I'm about to test 11in at 49ET instead of being at 41ET, that would be 12in at 62ET or 12.5in at 68ET(running 315mm tires). I will eventually test 3mm more outwards at 46ET if 11in at 49ET can be pushed out a bit more. In case anyone is wondering....zero ET is right smack in the middle of the your width measure in mm.

Also, going for wider wheels will just increase the rim poke. Where mine has the tires that bulge out instead and the rim sunk in from the tires. Plenty of ways to approach to what you are trying to accomplish, offset, rim width, tire width, rim poke, tire poke, stretch(narrow tires) but this should give you an idea or a reference point

Originally Posted by AluminumMistress
Wow that looks great. Are you using lowering links?
Thanks!, stock PASM at the lowest setting

Old 06-13-2019, 03:11 AM
Glamjuice is an unknown quantity at this point
Thx a lot man! I got the idea. What I'm going to do is to increase rim width leaving 315\30 tire so it'll stretch a bit. That will help with rubbing issue i hope))

Old 06-13-2019, 07:59 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Glamjuice
Thx a lot man! I got the idea. What I'm going to do is to increase rim width leaving 315\30 tire so it'll stretch a bit. That will help with rubbing issue i hope))
If you need further assistance let me know and I'll be happy to help. As you can see from out extensive Panamera gallery we have quite a lot of experience with the car and know it inside & out - https://wheelsboutique.com/galleries/panamera

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:14 PM
Final for now, 11in wide, with 315 at 49et. Not going to try 46et, maybe in the future. I'm content with it for now

Old 06-19-2019, 08:08 AM
elShiz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Deezflip
Final for now, 11in wide, with 315 at 49et. Not going to try 46et, maybe in the future. I'm content with it for now

Dude that's money. I wouldn't mess with it if that was my stance. Good job.

Old 06-21-2019, 12:00 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
I agree, that looks gooood!!

Old 10-02-2021, 10:00 PM
Pcarguy73 is an unknown quantity at this point
21" BC Forged RZ21s

I know this thread is old, but figured I'd add mine for reference if it can help someone.

I was on the wall between 21 and 22s. Came close to bailing and getting 22s because the selection of rims is so much better, but stuck to my guns and ended up grabbing a set of bc forged rz21's in a brushed finish. 9.5 front, 11.5 rear.

I bought the car used, low miles. It was a one owner with an absurd service history with all the scary stuff recently taken care of so I bought it, although my preference would have been a car with black trim rather than chrome. But as luck would have it, I think the wheels i lucked into complete the look well. And the brushed finish of the wheels has a slight warm hue to it which compliments the warm tone of the carbon grey finish.

Last edited by Pcarguy73; 10-02-2021 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Pcarguy73
I know this thread is old, but figured I'd add mine for reference if it can help someone.

I was on the wall between 21 and 22s. Came close to bailing and getting 22s because the selection of rims is so much better, but stuck to my guns and ended up grabbing a set of bc forged rz21's in a brushed finish. 9.5 front, 11.5 rear.

I bought the car used, low miles. It was a one owner with an absurd service history with all the scary stuff recently taken care of so I bought it, although my preference would have been a car with black trim rather than chrome. But as luck would have it, I think the wheels i lucked into complete the look well. And the brushed finish of the wheels has a slight warm hue to it which compliments the warm tone of the carbon grey finish.
Looks good Pcarguy73! Was on the fence also in going with 22s and fits the Panamera very nicely, but I completely love it with the 21s. Perfect balance of looks and performance

...wish 6speedonline had a "like" button

Old 03-15-2023, 03:08 PM
Skcrisp7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Vibe

Originally Posted by amgpan
Yep absolutely.
Ride comfort is not at all compromised going from the factory 20" up to 21".

Especially with these rims, the steering and overall car felt much lighter and a little more agile to drive over the factory 20s, which as an overall package was heavier. These 21s were lighter.
I have a pulsating vibe, dealer is telling me it's because of my 21" inch rims. I have a 2018 Panny Turbo. I drove a new 2022 Panny GTS they had on the show room floor and it di similar but not as bad. Also drove a 2011 Panny 4S they had, all the same....wth?? Do I need to buy new wheels and rims? I bout it used CPO from them. They did road alignment and swapped wheels to test and show me....thoughts???