Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member about to buy a 2011 Panamera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 02:55 PM
shuber is an unknown quantity at this point
New member about to buy a 2011 Panamera

Hello, Do you all have any advice about purchasing a 2011 Panamera Turbo or know of the posts I should read?
Thanks,
Shawn Huber

Old 09-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Paul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond repute
#1 Make sure you wait and get one exactly how you want it configured.

#2 Make sure you get it configured with PDCC, PASM, PTV, and Sport Chrono

#3 Make sure you have service records and if not I would negotiate whatever the latest required major service is as part of the purchase and have it all done. PDK, Brakes, Diffs, etc get them all serviced. Check brakes too as you don’t want a $2500 brake replacement bill right away.

#4 Check the vin for all recalls. There is a recall for cam sensors or something and also for the turbo props on the earlier turbos.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:24 AM
shuber is an unknown quantity at this point
Checked

Thanks for the info. The service records were great. The recalls were taken care of. I will need to check the cam and turbo service. I will get back to you with all of the other info.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:13 AM
Paul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shuber
Thanks for the info. The service records were great. The recalls were taken care of. I will need to check the cam and turbo service. I will get back to you with all of the other info.
If you checked the VIN for recalls and there or none outstanding, then the cam and turbo issues should be resolved or the year you're looking at wasn't in the recall. You can get a PPI inspection, have the front suspension and air ride checked which some people have had some issues with.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:58 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Paul Rathjen
#2 Make sure you get it configured with PDCC, PASM, PTV, and Sport Chrono
i agree that you should get one that is configured how you want it - there are simply so many variables, that most cars are not exactly alike. for me, ventilated seats F&R, 4zone, burmester, chrono were all important.

a number of people, like paul is suggesting, said PDCC and PTV were a must. the reality is so few cars have those options, you'll be looking forever. i wouldn't consider them a must unless all out chassis dynamics are very high on your list. the reality is, this is a big sedan and most people will never push the chassis and torque vectoring to any significant levels. just my opinion on that.

check the build sheet on every car to verify the exact options it came with. that capability is your friend!

Old 09-02-2018, 01:30 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
I can hardly imagine how well the car would handle with the PDCC, mine doesn't have it and it is amazing - it impressed the boxster guys on the group drive yesterday :-)

Old 09-02-2018, 01:58 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Warranty! unless cash is not an issue.

Old 09-02-2018, 03:29 PM
The PDCC and PASM are a must. Its more than just for track use, don't kid yourself. Now that doesn't mean they suck without it, but you won't pay more for a car with those options really unless its an S, so why not just get them?

Old 09-02-2018, 04:57 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
To add to above, make sure to :
- make your inspection place verify air suspension is working fine without leaks (this mandates you go to a porsche service shop, who will be only ones to check properly)
- make sure you verify all codes are read and interpreted on car
- check brake condition to see how much longer until you have to replace
- PDK, front diff, rear diff, brake and coolant fluids replaced not a must, but if not done, ask for lower price because at dealer they will cost thousands literally (we have DIYs here for you to follow if you are handy).
- make sure shop inspecting verifies condition of lower and upper control arms on car (or you will have squeaking/banging noises when you go over bumps with car). Again have DIYs here but dealer cost to replace is $$$$
- make sure you inspect every inch interior, for scratches, anything out of place, not working, etc. Ask for lower price if not all set.

Make sure you wait for just the one you want. They will always be around, just takes time to get exactly what you will love.

Good luck.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:54 AM
elShiz is on a distinguished road
Excuse the ignorance, but if you don't have a "build sheet," how does one check if their Panamera is equipped with PDCC (I've read it can only be looked up via VIN)? Just got my GTS about 3wks ago and I couldn't be happier as it's equipped with what I wanted (mainly ventilated seats), everything else is an added bonus.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Newer cars actually have “PDCC” on the air shock button - that’s one way to tell but I’m not sure when they started doing that.

Its only standard on the Turbo S.

Use an online vin decider.

Old 09-03-2018, 02:35 PM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by elShiz
Excuse the ignorance, but if you don't have a "build sheet," how does one check if their Panamera is equipped with PDCC (I've read it can only be looked up via VIN)? Just got my GTS about 3wks ago and I couldn't be happier as it's equipped with what I wanted (mainly ventilated seats), everything else is an added bonus.
Without a build sheet for 970.1 and 970.2, you can check under the hood on the driver's side. There is a power steering fluid reservoir. If it is white/clear, it is for power steering only. If it is black, it is for combined power steering and PDCC with PTV Plus.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:34 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
great link to run a VIN:
https://vinanalytics.com/

Old 09-05-2018, 11:05 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Look under hood. If your power steering tank is black with 3 hoses coming out, car has PDCC. No pdcc car has a cream or near white tank for hydraulic fluid.