Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep Panamera Turbo S or switch to GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 07:21 AM
vomitcomet is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Paul Rathjen
My guess is you would lose less keeping your current car as its already lost its biggest amount of depreciation, that you would over the next couple years on a 2015 GTS that is still probably losing its first chunk of depreciation. Or they'd end up being about the same. Even with 100,000 miles on your Turbo, if its in good maintained condition, its still going to be worth $30,000 in a couple years.
Good points, Paul, thank you!

Old 09-13-2018, 09:05 AM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vomitcomet
That's my big fear in dropping to the GTS...
I traded in my 2016 GTS for a 2018Turbo. The power difference is hugh. I really enjoyed the GTS but after trying the Turbo I was compelled to make the move. I will admit that I am a power junkie.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by mziegler38
I traded in my 2016 GTS for a 2018Turbo. The power difference is hugh. I really enjoyed the GTS but after trying the Turbo I was compelled to make the move. I will admit that I am a power junkie.
I'm addicted to the power, too...That's been my wife's concern, knowing how I am:-)

Old 09-13-2018, 10:07 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
IMO, these cars engines are pretty bullet proof. Same for pdk. If course few exceptions exist but if you drove for 60k, chances are great nothing is going on.
With these cars, maintenance is the secret. You do it timely and fully, and car will thank you with trouble free driving.
Neglect will give you troubles.
Working on these cars is not difficult. Compared to many jap cars or American, these are a breeze.
FSM, some tools and time will save you thousands. Easily.

Going from PTTS to PGTS will cause you to regret your move. If you do it, chime in after few months. You will see.
Good luck with decision.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:02 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
i would agree that for most enthusiasts it's hard to go backwards in respect to power, once you get used to it. that said, there are certainly people who may not really 'feel' a difference (or need the same) between say 500hp (or 550hp) and 430hp and they may actually like the delivery of a NA over a tt motor. of course, the tt goes a long way towards providing more linear delivery, certainly over older single turbo models that many might be used to. for me, once i have a certain level, the desire to go to reduced power output is pretty much nil.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by ciaka
IMO, these cars engines are pretty bullet proof. Same for pdk. If course few exceptions exist but if you drove for 60k, chances are great nothing is going on.
With these cars, maintenance is the secret. You do it timely and fully, and car will thank you with trouble free driving.
Working on these cars is not difficult. Compared to many jap cars or American, these are a breeze.

Going from PTTS to PGTS will cause you to regret your move. If you do it, chime in after few months. You will see.
Good luck with decision.
It's been well maintained, so I do have that going for me. Plenty of tools here...

Old 09-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by C4Sbeebe
i would agree that for most enthusiasts it's hard to go backwards in respect to power, once you get used to it. that said, there are certainly people who may not really 'feel' a difference (or need the same) between say 500hp (or 550hp) and 430hp and they may actually like the delivery of a NA over a tt motor. of course, the tt goes a long way towards providing more linear delivery, certainly over older single turbo models that many might be used to. for me, once i have a certain level, the desire to go to reduced power output is pretty much nil.
That's pretty much my deal about dropping the horsepower. If I didn't have the mileage, I'd flash the ecu to bump it over 550...

Old 09-16-2018, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by ciaka

Good luck with decision.
If I do go to the PGTS, I'll let you know...definitely doubt that I will now, after getting everyone's feedback! Decided to at least keep it until the warranty is up and see how it's doing. If she's still doing well then, I'm going to stay with it...Thanks!

Old 09-23-2018, 10:20 AM
12PTTSGrey will become famous soon enough
This is why I went down the Turbo S path. The 0-60 is hard to beat and somewhat competitive in today's market of performance sedans like the M5, E63S AMG, Tesla P90/100 etc. Things are getting really fast out there and AWD to boot.

Last edited by 12PTTSGrey; 09-24-2018 at 07:55 AM.