Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Se-Hybrid "boost"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 02:16 AM
Panfin is an unknown quantity at this point
Panamera Se-Hybrid "boost"?

Is there any tricks what I need know to get that electric "boost" effect when I accelarate? At least half of my kick down accelarations dont go to boost mode, just using compust engine and in speedo show only100% power. Somethimes boost is coming and next time not, is there something wrong on my car? Thanks for answers.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:24 AM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !

If you bought the PSeH for acceleration thrills, you are going to be disappointed.

Old 09-15-2018, 04:09 PM
GratefulMed will become famous soon enough
Maybe it's not a Turbo and perhaps it's a function of what you drove before this car, but the S e-hybrid has plenty of acceleration to me in Sport mode and enough to squeal the wheels from a stop in Sport Plus if you have or add that. In e-power (electric) mode, it's got very little but you're not driving in that mode for acceleration. Kick down off of e-power mode is acceptable but not exciting. Hybrid mode is the most disappointing to me and I rarely use it. To me, it's e-power mode when feasible (essentially my daily commute to and from work and on nearby errands which is actually the vast majority of my miles) and Sport mode all other times.

Old 09-16-2018, 11:24 AM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
5.2 seconds to 60 is damn-near pedestrian these days (for the PSeH).
The newer model is mid 4s, so I guess that's a bit more reasonable.

But overall, for a sticker price of over $120K, I consider our car an absolute slug.

Last edited by ace10; 09-20-2018 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:01 AM
Maxime75us is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GratefulMed
Maybe it's not a Turbo and perhaps it's a function of what you drove before this car, but the S e-hybrid has plenty of acceleration to me in Sport mode and enough to squeal the wheels from a stop in Sport Plus if you have or add that. In e-power (electric) mode, it's got very little but you're not driving in that mode for acceleration. Kick down off of e-power mode is acceptable but not exciting. Hybrid mode is the most disappointing to me and I rarely use it. To me, it's e-power mode when feasible (essentially my daily commute to and from work and on nearby errands which is actually the vast majority of my miles) and Sport mode all other times.
Hi,
Whats the difference between sport to sport plus?
I just have Sport Function on mine...
Is it worth it to add it?
Can I add it?
Thank You
Max

Old 09-20-2018, 06:16 AM
Gus had Sport Plus on his PSeH. I recall he wrote about it in his thread.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-e-hybrid.html

Old 09-21-2018, 07:56 AM
I have both, though I added Sport Plus after purchasing the car - a decision I regret. The difference between the standard hybrid mode and Sport is dramatic across the entire throttle range and is the only mode worth driving, in my opinion, once the electric range is exhausted or if the electric performance is not appropriate to the situation. Sport Plus, in my experience, only changes performance when engaged from a stop. The acceleration out of the blocks is much improved and easily results in squealing tires at takeoff. After that, there is no difference. If engaged while already moving beyond low speeds, there is absolutely no difference from Sport mode - no change in tachometer readings, no further improvement in throttle responsiveness. Gus's comments in the previously described thread seem different but I have not been able to reproduce his experience. With non-hybrid models, the stock Sport Plus mode is part of "takeoff" where holding the brake and engaging the throttle and then releasing the brake pedal (I believe that's the sequence), results in a dramatic acceleration similar to drag racing. It's not a driving feature. Even equipped with Sport Plus after the fact, this "takeoff" mode is not available on the hybrid. In retrospect, I wish I had not spent the money even thought I got it at a discount during a sale from Suncoast.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:24 AM
cbwinters01 is on a distinguished road
Great information, thanks. I also only have the "sport" button and always wondered what the difference was. that said, i have an old 911sc and came from an infiniti m35, my panamera feels like a rocket in comparison to both of these.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor
Sprint Booster Sales is an unknown quantity at this point
These guys found a solution and they're extremely pleased. They're driving Panamera's as well.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4754025

Old 12-18-2018, 06:00 PM
I don't believe the boosters work on the S e-hybrid model. Please correct me with a link if I am incorrect on this. Would love to see such a product tested on that specific model.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:52 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GratefulMed
I don't believe the boosters work on the S e-hybrid model. Please correct me with a link if I am incorrect on this. Would love to see such a product tested on that specific model.
All we'd need is a photo of the plug that connects to the pedal and we will be able see if there's any difference.

Old 12-27-2018, 11:33 AM
rgfinnegan3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face afraid to break the connector

Originally Posted by Sprint Booster Sales
All we'd need is a photo of the plug that connects to the pedal and we will be able see if there's any difference.
I'm trying to install a Sprint Booster I received for Christmas on a 2011 Panamera Turbo. Is there a trick to removing the throttle connector? It's a tight space down there and it's on very tight. I don't want to screw things up!

Old 12-27-2018, 03:10 PM
Small Car Lover will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rgfinnegan3
I'm trying to install a Sprint Booster I received for Christmas on a 2011 Panamera Turbo. Is there a trick to removing the throttle connector? It's a tight space down there and it's on very tight. I don't want to screw things up!
I can't say for sure if you have the same connector as on my 2009 Cayman but I suspect you do. To release the connector there is a spring loaded push button on the top of the connector. The button will press down against the spring perhaps 10mm with very little resistance. Then you will have to press VERY firmly and you will hear a click. After you hear the click the connector will pull out with no resistance. To reinstall you have to press the connector in quite firmly until you hear the click. Releasing that connector is a quite a pain. Push the button down hard till it clicks. It will be easier to leave the pedal installed when removing the connector. It's harder to hold the pedal and press the button at the same time. There is very little slack in the wire harness to manipulate the pedal with the harness attached. Good luck.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:29 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by rgfinnegan3
You might find some help in this thread..
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...llation-2.html

Old 12-27-2018, 06:55 PM
rgfinnegan3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks, finally got it. Booster works great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Se-Hybrid "boost"?