Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

panamera turbo caliper brake pad guide pins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 08:04 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
panamera turbo caliper brake pad guide pins

Does anyone know where I can get the PN for guide pins for brake pads, which are screwed into the calipers?
They are the pins that go into the holes for brake pads on front.
if you know where they can be bought, I will appreciate the links too.
Thanks.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:56 AM
allroadusa has a spectacular aura aboutallroadusa has a spectacular aura about
  • Partially remove brake calliper. Use removal/installation aid for brake calliper assembly pin T10439 .
    You can find it on Ebay : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Baum-Tools-...oHiQ:rk:3:pf:0
  • Remove upper fastening screw on the brake calliper -arrow- and insert assembly pin.

• Remove lower fastening screw on the brake calliper -arrow- and insert assembly pin.
  • Pull the brake calliper as far as required out of installation position until the brakecalliper engages in the cut-outs on the assembly pins → Brake calliper tool fitted . Carefully guide brake line and brake hose along with calliper in the process.
  • Loosen warning contact from the brake calliper.
  • Fit brake piston on the brake calliper between the disc brake pads using piston reset tool Nr.144 . Then press the brake pads back evenly → Pressing back brake pads
  • Carefully slide a commercially available screwdriver between the disc brake pad/brake calliper and lever the disc brake pad out by turning the screwdriver slightly -arrows- . When doing this, make sure not to damage the dust boots on the brake pistons.
  • Remove pad retaining springs.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:11 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
These are not the pins I am refering to.
these are guide rods to slide caliper away from rotor during service.

i am refering to brake pad guide pins on which brake pads slide when braking.
they are installed into the caliper itself. 4 per caliper.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:29 PM
I am talking about the pad guide pins in the pic:

Old 11-17-2018, 01:25 AM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Ciaka,
You can get the part # from your local Porsche dealer, buddy.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:30 AM
tallpaul is on a distinguished road
Not sure they sell those parts separately. But if you are looking for part numbers, you can download the Porsche catalog (with schematics) here: https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...originalparts/

Old 11-17-2018, 06:23 PM
It is not in the catalog. Already have two.

Old 01-07-2019, 12:33 AM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Hi Ciaka,
How do you remove the pad guide pins you show in the picture? Do you need to replace the pad guide pins when you do the new brake and rotor?

Thank You

Old 01-08-2019, 08:20 AM
On my cayenne turbo, these pins have a PN assigned and you can replace if over worn.
On my panamera turbo, I have been looking for these including at dealer. Not finding anything.
Dealer told me these pins do not get removed, and you only clean them.
The pins have an E-torx screw on outside of caliper, that you would unscres to get pins replaced. I see these bolts on both cayenne and panaera.
However dealer was stating not replaceable. So as of now, i still do not have the pins, and will be cleaning when I install new brakes sometime soon (waiting for good weather and time to do this).

Originally Posted by dougcayenne
Hi Ciaka,
How do you remove the pad guide pins you show in the picture? Do you need to replace the pad guide pins when you do the new brake and rotor?

Thank You

Old 07-23-2020, 01:06 PM
maniakman is an unknown quantity at this point
@ciaka :
I know this is an old post, but

Suncoast was kind enough to add them to their website after I inquired about my 958 / 92A:
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/wht008689.html

Still waiting to receive them, but if they are indeed what they proclaim to be, they will require a 10 Point Brake Caliper Socket to remove (available on Amazon).

Has anyone had any experience removing/replacing these?
I did my first brake job recently and would have loved to replace them instead of having to clean them in place (and then properly clean the old ones for next brake job).