Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear bra detailing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 02:20 PM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
Clear bra detailing

Ok, so it looks like someone has been leaning on my car when parked out and about - not a happy camper. I have surface scratches that I am going to be trying to buff out but they are right next to where my clear bra ends (half way up the hood and fenders).

This caused my mind to wonder - are they really worth it? I like being able to get deep shines out of my paintwork etc but have read conflicting arguments on how to detail when working with a clear bra. I am contemplating removing it but wanted to see if anyone had advice for detailing with one on vs off, as well as what sort of chemical I should/shouldnt use.

Open for comments 😊

Old 12-15-2018, 06:22 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
The clear bra should have some shine to it already, you can get really clean by washing it (you can use rubbing alcohol, and hot water If needed for deep scratches and stains) and then apply Gtechniq ceramic coating on top, that will give it more shine and give you a layer of hydrophobic protection. Water will bead right off. Here is my clear bra with too layers of the Gtechniq ceramic coating (Pic).
My clear bra covers the hood, bumper, and front fenders 100%. I don’t have the line division mid hood...I have two coats of the ceramic coating on top of the bra.

Makes it easy to wash and dry

The shine is pretty easy to see

Bugs and dirt come right off with the pressure washer (and I use and electric one with only 2000 PSI)

Old 12-17-2018, 08:41 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
What LGARCIA has done is GREAT. Ceramic coating on top of the film. This is the best bet for paint protection.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor
EDHondroulis is on a distinguished road
A lot of people are putting a coating on top of PPF (clear bra) and there's nothing wrong with that. Most films are clear coated and can be treated like paint, so it stands to reason that if you would put a coating on paint, you would put a coating on film. Most films are also self-healing, so if they scratch, they can heal on their own or with a little heat.

3M's is the only manufacturer to provide a paint warranty whereby if the film fails, 3M will pay up to $3500 to repair the paint. That truly shows 3M's confidence in its film.

Regards,
Manny Hondroulis

Old 12-17-2018, 08:38 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Thanks XLR82XS! The ceramic coating makes it easy to wash, works really well on the wheels too.
My headlights have the clear film and the ceramic coating, they are three years old and look new.

Old 12-22-2018, 10:24 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
Thanks XLR82XS! The ceramic coating makes it easy to wash, works really well on the wheels too.
My headlights have the clear film and the ceramic coating, they are three years old and look new.
Awesome. My PTT has the coating on the wheels and calipers as well. It's nice to have the red brakes clean all the time.