Sponsored by:

Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Flo1989 will become famous soon enough
Proud New '13 GTS Owner..My *Journal*

Hey Everyone!

I recently acquired a 2013 Agate Grey GTS on Good (Great!) Friday and have enjoyed every second of my short time with it. This forum was very useful during my searching period as I was debating between the GTS vs the Turbo...I won't go into the differences as of course you all already know, but I am more than pleased with my decision.

Although relatively new to this forum, I've been on car forums for many years, specifically MB-AMG, so I wanted to do something a bit different this time. I plan on kind of making this my "journal" if you will for different things I plan to do to the car oppose to creating multiple threads. Hopefully some of you guys will follow along!

These pictures are less than great as I've been very busy and have only had a chance to snap cell phone pics, but I promise to use my DSLR in the future to do this machine some justice.

Now lets get right into it...
The first thing I did was change out the chrome badges on the rear bumper to a matte black and red using plasti-dip. IMO this combination works a LOT better with the agate grey + black trim throughout the car.

Dealer Pic...
Attachment 1

After One Coat...
Attachment 1

5th coat...
Attachment 1

Finished...
Attachment 1

Next I took off all 4 wheels to remove any rust and/or caked on dirt that was on the rotor hub. The process I used (for those interested) is to use a drill with a wire brush attached to fire off all the rust. From there I cleaned off the entire hub with rubbing alcohol and then applied two coats of high temp semi-gloss paint. If you simply just take the rust off without applying any sort of coating, it will rust the next time it gets wet.

Before
Attachment 1

After
Attachment 1

Coming up...
-Next week the car goes in for 15% tint on all five windows, tinting the taillights to a ruby red color, and blacking out the orange side markers.
-Ordered black "Panamera GTS" decals for the lower panel of the driver doors.
-Paint Correction. This will likely be a 3-5 day project I take on doing a multistep correction to the paint. It's current condition is "okay" and would likely be good enough for most, but as you will soon realize, I'm a bit **** when it comes to cars being right, or what I feel is acceptable.
-BMC Air Filters
-22 inch Matte Black Savini staggered wheels
-Eurocharged ECU Tune. I know, I know - tuning these NA engines won't make that much of a difference, but I talked with the guys over at EC, as they've done all the tuning on my AMG, so I'm going to give it a go.
-Unlikely as the car sounds good in stock form, but I may remove the resonator and replace it with a X or straight pipes. Doubtful, though.

These are all I have in mind thus far, but I'm sure more will come along as time goes on. I did my homework via searching the forum for performance mods for the GTS, but really didn't have any luck. Anyone know of somewhat worth while mods to give it a little more "go"?

Again, these pictures aren't the best but here's a couple more of the car.

Attachment 1

Attachment 1

Thanks!

Old 12-23-2018, 01:22 AM
Kayvan1347 is an unknown quantity at this point
I loved what you did with your car.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:08 AM
targa0303 is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the color. I too like the look of a "S" or "GTS" in red. Looking good!

Old 12-23-2018, 12:52 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Great color - congrats! Don't forget the 6th window for tint... the windshield. The most important since the majority of sun comes in there. I suggest Huper Optik ceramic - I have it on all my vehicles and it works VERY WELL especially in the S.FL sun.