Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Turbo with Magnaflow 10790 X-Pipe installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 08:55 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
now you got me wondering how he welded the top side of the exhaust with it in the car

Old 03-20-2019, 08:57 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Once he cut the resonator out, the rear of exhaust is all one piece moving on rubber hangers. He moved that out of the way a bit, pulled down, and welded.
Then he removed the butt clamps and welded the pieces into place, then put the butt clamps back in, tightening bolts.
Mufflers and exhausts and welding is all he does. Knew right away how to do and was expedient too.

Originally Posted by DogWood
now you got me wondering how he welded the top side of the exhaust with it in the car

Old 03-20-2019, 11:05 AM
nice, too bad he's so far away

Old 03-20-2019, 02:47 PM
while I will freely admit the superiority of a good weld, seems like it could be done with another set of clamps if you didn't have a good shop to take it to.
Especially since there is already one set of clamps in play. - would need to know the measurements to be sure though.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:01 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
You can always move my friend. My cul de sac has only my house on it. Space for 1 more house, plus 1 more down the street. Move, we will have a Panamera party, or can showcase our cars in the HOAs annual car show in our neighborhood.
Dont think of obstacles, think of how nice things will be after you surpass obstacles.

nice, too bad he's so far away

Old 03-20-2019, 05:03 PM
Sure, you can do with butt end clamps (about 15 bucks each). Will need to fit 2.25" pipes. One obstacle: lifting the car. You will need clearance to get under to cut off, then fit clamps.

while I will freely admit the superiority of a good weld, seems like it could be done with another set of clamps if you didn't have a good shop to take it to.
Especially since there is already one set of clamps in play. - would need to know the measurements to be sure though.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:11 PM
ez1973 will become famous soon enoughez1973 will become famous soon enough
Subscribed and anxiously awaiting sound clips!

Seems like a great alternative to all the other expensive options.

Wondering how much back pressure is actually freed up and if you feel any potential HP gains?

Old 03-20-2019, 06:31 PM
Regarding horsepower, I would not think anything substantial. Did not try to compare before, after since realistically, you wont feel 4hp gain.
Will get sound clips when have time. Did hear noticeable growl after, even the exhaust guy said right away (I gassed it few times before, so he can help eval sound).

Originally Posted by ez1973
Subscribed and anxiously awaiting sound clips!

Seems like a great alternative to all the other expensive options.

Wondering how much back pressure is actually freed up and if you feel any potential HP gains?

Old 03-21-2019, 08:58 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Thanks ciaka, hhmmm, with minimal impact to the inside sound levels I might have to consider doing this as well LOL
Sounds like the Burmester could drown it out easily
Burmester will INDEED drown out any noise of the outside world!

Old 04-02-2019, 07:16 PM
JB's 996 is on a distinguished road
Ciaka, thank you very much for the detailed write up, subscribed for the sound clips... where in TX are you? I'm torn between this and the Fabspeed X-Pipe, significant cost difference between the two! I'm looking to get the most aggressive sound from this mode...

Old 04-02-2019, 07:54 PM
I am in central TX, Austin. You sound like you will be replacing cats as well. IMO, taking cats off will make huge difference. With my turbo, the difference was very noticeable, per the mechanic doing change (he heard car revving before and after change). I noticed big low tone difference at low and mid rpms. Sorry for delay to video with sounds. Had to go buy software to edit, and now practically live at work (new project nearing completion - must make living), plus many other house things cooking construction wise. I think I am about half done editing. Sorry again for the delays.
If you want max difference, remove cats, for moderate change, xpipe will do.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:43 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ciaka
I am in central TX, Austin. You sound like you will be replacing cats as well. IMO, taking cats off will make huge difference. With my turbo, the difference was very noticeable, per the mechanic doing change (he heard car revving before and after change). I noticed big low tone difference at low and mid rpms.
If you want max difference, remove cats, for moderate change, xpipe will do.
This. Cat delete is WONDERFUL especially when coupled with a louder exhaust system. My PTT is cat-less with the Akrapovic (new version) and with the valves open it RIPS under WOT - incredible German V8 wail.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:06 AM
turbo_mikePTT will become famous soon enough
Exhaust clip with the C pipe.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:03 PM
skiracer13 is on a distinguished road
This thread is becoming worthless w/o a sound clip.

Old 04-06-2019, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by skiracer13
This thread is becoming worthless w/o a sound clip.
indeed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Turbo with Magnaflow 10790 X-Pipe installed