Panamera Turbo with Magnaflow 10790 X-Pipe installed - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Porsche (Present) > Panamera
Reload this Page >

Panamera Turbo with Magnaflow 10790 X-Pipe installed

Notices
Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche

Old 03-14-2019, 11:18 AM
ciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of light

Rgfinnegan3 twisted my arms, and I got me the Magnaflow x-pipe, and just had it installed in the car. Will have to take the after vids for sound, etc, maybe even an acceleration piece, but that will be later on in week.
First impression, there is much more low frequency rumble at lower rpms, while at higher rpms the exhaust seems to sound deeper and throatier. It is very hard to tell from inside the car, as it is thermal and sound insulated.
From inside car, I would have to struggle to try notice a difference. That is how well insulated things are there.
From outside, the difference is very apparent. And it did cost me same as his job was, total about $160. $92 for x-pipe off ebay, $70 for labor at a small muffler shop. Going to a small muffler shop is key. Large shops wanted to charge me $200 or more as soon as I drove onto the lot with the Panamera. This guy, I spoke to him on phone, told him what I want to do, he said come on down any time.
Took pics while doing the job too, so I can make DIY if you are up to it.
Just wanted to post up, will update with media soon. Thank you for your suggestion Rgfinnegan3.

Last edited by ciaka; 03-14-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:23 AM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Looking forward to it!!

Old 03-14-2019, 04:18 PM
DogWood is on a distinguished road
Thanks ciaka, hhmmm, with minimal impact to the inside sound levels I might have to consider doing this as well LOL
Sounds like the Burmester could drown it out easily

Old 03-14-2019, 06:05 PM
ciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of lightciaka is a glorious beacon of light
It will be a day or two before I get a change to take edit and make comparo vid. For interior, the sound proofing is awesome. When I told the muffler guy to sit in and get on the gas since I cannot hear from inside, he laughed. Then he sat in, and immediately said 'holy crap, this thing is fricking insulated to the max'.
From inside you hear ever so slightly more. You wont even notice it. No need for Burmester. No need for any radio to drown out anything. I was surprised very much.
Outside you can notice for sure. I think I have to re take the after vids since my camera placement resulted in wind blowing into the mic, and you can hear the wind in the vid. Sorry for delay.

Originally Posted by DogWood View Post
Thanks ciaka, hhmmm, with minimal impact to the inside sound levels I might have to consider doing this as well LOL
Sounds like the Burmester could drown it out easily

Old 03-14-2019, 06:35 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to it (as always)

do do you have a picture or diagram of the exhaust and exactly what was replaced?

Old 03-14-2019, 07:16 PM
I have full set of pics as if I was making DIY for replacing the xpipe. The guy was super cool and while he was working, allowed me run around with camera to take whatever pics I wanted.

Originally Posted by stealthn View Post
Looking forward to it (as always)

do do you have a picture or diagram of the exhaust and exactly what was replaced?

Old 03-14-2019, 07:51 PM
rgfinnegan3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ciaka View Post
Rgfinnegan3 twisted my arms, and I got me the Magnaflow x-pipe, and just had it installed in the car... Thank you for your suggestion Rgfinnegan3.
Well, you are welcome, but I think it was someone else. My only mod so far is the Sprint Booster. But thanks anyway Ciaka! Love the recognition!

Old 03-14-2019, 07:55 PM
well, thank you anyways.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:11 PM
It was actually Flo1989. Flo...thank you.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:51 AM
Deezflip is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LGARCIA View Post
Looking forward to it!!
me too, to the video, to the diy, to everything...subscribed!

Old 03-15-2019, 06:11 AM
RDR142 is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to hearing and seeing it. you're going to love it!

Old 03-15-2019, 01:22 PM
Flo1989 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ciaka View Post
It was actually Flo1989. Flo...thank you.
Not a problem! Can't wait to check out your TT results.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:42 AM
mitcho168 is on a distinguished road
can you post pics of the weld of the x pipe?please . the part # is 2.25" would a 3" work better?

Old 03-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Sorry for delays. House construction under way for pool, house warranty work with contractors in and outside home, my work, kids going away for break, work project in overdrive since we deal with new design team overseas, fencing, permits for hoa, permits for city, and wife that wants to kill me because I like my pool design more than hers. and lets not forget weekly yard maintenance that started here in TX already (man I cannot wait for my pool to come in so I can jump in never to be seen again...JK).
O yeah, and two dogs that I would not mind strangling at a blink of an eye, due to kids 'taking care of them'. Hope gives you insight into my normal life over last month or so.
I will get to this when I can.

In mean time, for Panamera GTS and turbo, DO NOT BUY any other size than 2.25". It is the size that will fit your car. My muffler guy had to take the xpipe ends and expand them ever so slightly since he was very **** about things fitting just perfect. 2.25" is what you need to buy - Flo1989 link is one. I got mine off ebay but entered the same Magnaflow part number and saved about 20 bucks. Spend time finding a small muffler shop that can give you good price. For large shops, they will see your car and will automatically add 100 or 200 bucks to the cost. Guaranteed.

Originally Posted by mitcho168 View Post
can you post pics of the weld of the x pipe?please . the part # is 2.25" would a 3" work better?