Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New carbon ducktail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 03:40 PM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
Good carbon wrap can be got from VViVid and I am positive Avery does a good carerra white but worth checking!

I like the prior designs one RD but each to their own, after settling with mine I couldn't think of one that better suits the car Each to their own!

Old 06-19-2019, 07:54 AM
elShiz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rgfinnegan3
I think that's a great idea! I'll bet a good "wrap shop" knows exactly where to source Carrera White vinyl. I'm thinking... maybe I should get some carbon fiber vinyl for the top side? Hmmm...
Oh man... Please post pics if you do. If anything, you could measure roughly what you need, get a good gloss black and some knifeless tape on Amazon and place it where you would the cf film. I would absolutely try that myself and see if maybe the gloss black plays better with your blacked out roof.

It's something that helps break up the white and again would compliment the black roof. Dude. You gotta try it. If you diy it, it's crazy cheap!

Originally Posted by LouDA
Good carbon wrap can be got from VViVid and I am positive Avery does a good carerra white but worth checking!

I like the prior designs one RD but each to their own, after settling with mine I couldn't think of one that better suits the car Each to their own!
I find it funny how some people say that a particular brand is the only company to makes a good product. I mean I get the basis for that argument, but when other companies make an exact duplicate ie. sourced an original part and made a duplicate without the ridiculous markup cost... I'muh get that duplicate and call it a day. These other companies wouldn't exist if the product ended up being legit garbage. Word of mouth spreads that type of news fast especially in a community like this. Anywho.

Last edited by elShiz; 06-19-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by elShiz
I find it funny how some people say that a particular brand is the only company to makes a good product. I mean I get the basis for that argument, but when other companies make an exact duplicate ie. sourced an original part and made a duplicate without the ridiculous markup cost... I'muh get that duplicate and call it a day. These other companies wouldn't exist if the product ended up being legit garbage. Word of mouth spreads that type of news fast especially in a community like this. Anywho.
I agree

Old 06-21-2019, 03:57 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Hi LouDA,
I like the look. You did a good job. The green wheels are AWESOME, very nice. Done professionally !!! did you do it by yourself?

Old 06-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by dougcayenne
Hi LouDA,
I like the look. You did a good job. The green wheels are AWESOME, very nice. Done professionally !!! did you do it by yourself?
Thanks Doug! I had them done professionally by a powdercoating company out here called Colorwerks 😊