Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 11:05 AM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
New carbon ducktail

This arrived today

Old 05-30-2019, 03:25 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Wow, I have to say that I really like it!! seems to be a good fit too. Nicely done!

Old 05-30-2019, 03:37 PM
Thanks buddy 😁 It was an 8 week delivery, tiniest chip on the underside but the weave is awesome and unflawed and the clear coat seems super stting and crisp too, so very happy.

Fitment-wise it took me all of 5 minutes to install with external 3m body tape that is rock solid and holds my weight. Main thing was getting all the previous gunk off!!

If anyone needs a chrome trunk strip for cheap let me know

Old 05-30-2019, 06:31 PM
WANNAPAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, I just saw a blue Panamera locally and he had it painted to match with part of the carbon showing on the bottom.

I could not believe how that spoiler transforms the back of that car. It just looses that entire awkward look to the back end.

Looks great!

Old 05-30-2019, 07:49 PM
skiracer13 is on a distinguished road
OK, LouDA - how much?

Old 05-30-2019, 08:23 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
hows the handling at speed?

Old 05-30-2019, 08:27 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Well done...I like the look as well! Where did you source it?

Old 05-30-2019, 09:56 PM
Thanks everyone. Super happy with it! Changes the look and makes it pop way better on the back end, I think!

The body color/carbon mix paint job sounds cool!

Sourced it from Mr China (company is called mcarcar I think. They also did my carbon fender vents 😊

Cost $490 if I remember correctly?

I havent got a video of it at speed yet, but I layered it with 2 lines of 3m exterior panel adhesive tape on each 4 sides and no joke - it holds my weight, so doubt it will be affected much at speed.

If anyone wants the link to the shop I got it from just let me know!

Old 05-30-2019, 10:01 PM
sorry, poor wording, how does it effect the handling of the car at speed - always a bit concerned about adding aerodynamic after market devices

Old 05-30-2019, 10:06 PM
Ahh gotcha. I haven't taken it above 50 yet but will be hitting the highway tomorrow so will let you know. Because of the flatter ducktail nature, I don't think it will add a ton of downforce just change airflow slightly.

It's more about the looks for me. Plus, let's face it - didn't do green wheels because I want to stay discreet 😂

Old 05-30-2019, 10:11 PM
Amazon spoiler link Amazon spoiler link

Also, my mistake - $460 shipped. Pretty good if you ask me!

Old 05-30-2019, 10:39 PM
Good price and it does look cool

Old 06-01-2019, 01:05 AM
AluminumMistress is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow looks great!!

Old 06-01-2019, 12:10 PM
ScottDy is on a distinguished road
Looks really good. I have what looks to be the exact same spoiler on my 4S which I bought from Vorstiener at about triple the price��. Oh well, anyway it is amazing how much it changes the look of the car. It took a car I always was sort of ambivalent about looks wise and turned it into a car I really like the looks of. The spoiler doesn’t change the aerodynamics that I could tell but as an FYI, the spoiler if left in the sunlight on a hot day will lift because the tape gets warm and the air trapped in the spoiler ( it’s completely sealed on mine) expands and pushes against the deck lid which causes the spoiler to lift. This has happened to me twice in the 2 plus years i’ve had the spoiler on the car. I figured this out this time but fortunately when I got it out of the sun it sucked back down into place. The next time this happens i’m going to remove it (which is a *****) and drill a couple of holes in the underside so the air can escape when it expands in the heat.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by ScottDy
Looks really good. I have what looks to be the exact same spoiler on my 4S which I bought from Vorstiener at about triple the price��. Oh well, anyway it is amazing how much it changes the look of the car. It took a car I always was sort of ambivalent about looks wise and turned it into a car I really like the looks of. The spoiler doesn’t change the aerodynamics that I could tell but as an FYI, the spoiler if left in the sunlight on a hot day will lift because the tape gets warm and the air trapped in the spoiler ( it’s completely sealed on mine) expands and pushes against the deck lid which causes the spoiler to lift. This has happened to me twice in the 2 plus years i’ve had the spoiler on the car. I figured this out this time but fortunately when I got it out of the sun it sucked back down into place. The next time this happens i’m going to remove it (which is a *****) and drill a couple of holes in the underside so the air can escape when it expands in the heat.
Yeh, I loved the look of the Vorsteiner one but they stopped making that kit so took a risk on this one and it paid off 😁

Funny you mention the tape popping though! Happened to me today in the sun so I may also do what youre suggesting!

It's about the first time since owning it that I am actually cool with the stock spoiler being in its retracted position because the ducktail just finishes the car nicely 😊

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New carbon ducktail