Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Huge 2010-2016 Panamera Recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 09:21 AM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
Yep there are a couple of recalls out there at the moment - mine's in with Porsche right now and they pulled up two.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:12 AM
onemanclique is on a distinguished road
Just got off the phone with the dealer as the AC control unit recall popped up for me. They suggested bringing it in for the temporary fix but I declined as I didn't want to make two trips to have this resolved. The replacements part are expected in no later than 7/16 so I had them schedule my appt for the 16th.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:37 PM
SantaCruzRed will become famous soon enough
Just heard from my local dealer... somewhat same story, no ETA yet on parts. Dealer service rep, "... give it a couple of weeks". Marshmallows at the ready!

Old 06-26-2019, 12:55 AM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
my pan hybrid is at FJ porsche dealer for AC problem and at the same time they will do 2 campaigns on the AC. All taking care at 0 cost and I get the new pan hybrid as a loaner car.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:07 AM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LouDA
Yep there are a couple of recalls out there at the moment - mine's in with Porsche right now and they pulled up two.
Per my service advisor, the HVAC blower has two associated recalls. The first is replacement of the blower motor with expected parts availability in September. The second is the interim fix prior to blower motor replacement, but is dependent on the part number of the blower motor if it should be applied.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:25 AM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Just checked on my 2015 4S and it is part of the recall, I will get it to the dealer once they have the parts to change.
I wanted to say that I greatly appreciate the info shared on this forum!! not only have I learned tons about the Panamera but also learned about things like this to keep it running at its best!!

Old 06-26-2019, 10:12 AM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LGARCIA
I wanted to say that I greatly appreciate the info shared on this forum!! not only have I learned tons about the Panamera but also learned about things like this to keep it running at its best!!
Agreed!

Old 06-26-2019, 12:21 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Agreed !!! Thank you the forum members for the info. I am surprised that the Porsche did not send out the notice via US mail.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:11 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dougcayenne
Agreed !!! Thank you the forum members for the info. I am surprised that the Porsche did not send out the notice via US mail.
Maybe they have and are just beginning to circulate. With the camshaft recall I did hear about it here before getting notified by mail. The letter from PCNA arrived roughly 3 weeks after the 6speed forum view.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:08 PM
Deezflip is on a distinguished road
So I was still wondering why now, where Panameras have been roaming the streets since 2010. Did a little searching but only found this one possible related incident...

circa Feb 2015

Russia: 'Faulty Porsche bursts into FLAMES at family home,' lawsuit readied

Old 06-26-2019, 02:11 PM
If it happened like that in our wooden garage, the house would be gone ... $$M ... terrible ...

Old 06-26-2019, 02:29 PM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Deezflip
So I was still wondering why now, where Panameras have been roaming the streets since 2010. Did a little searching but only found this one possible related incident...
Not all incidents necessarily make the news. I hate the fact that replacement of the HVAC blower will require disassembly of the car, but happy that Porsche is implementing a proper engineered fix for the problem. If you recall the GM ignition recall, the fix for that was a joke. Happened to my father-in-law's GM... the fix was to give him a new key with a small centered hole for the key-ring to keep it from moving around and shutting off the ignition while driving. The proper fix should have been to redesign and replace the ignition lock?

Old 06-26-2019, 02:43 PM
We put our good faith in our local Porsche dealer to implement the change ... Hopefully it will be alright. Thank you for your note. This is a little complicated task to remove the blower and AC condenser in the front ...

Old 06-26-2019, 06:31 PM
Deezflip is on a distinguished road
I do agree and appreciate that Porsche is putting in the effort to fix something. I will eventually take it in for that replacement part(sept maybe?) rather than the remedy.

Just another post pulled from other forums, make that about 8 incidents reported...

"Very random events, some cars that only smoldered. Just found this info on Carcomplaints.com :

Porsche received its first Panamera complaint in 2013 and thought it was an isolated incident. Then in 2015 another report was received but the automaker couldn't find a reason for either incident.

Over the next three years four more incidents occurred but investigators still had no clue what was causing the problems. Porsche also says most of the incidents ended in smoldering that was self-extinguished.

In January and April 2019, Porsche was informed of two additional incidents similar to the previous reports, except this time engineers were able to determine what caused the problems.

So that is a total of 8 out of over 30,000 vehicles. Seems to be a very isolated problem."

Old 06-26-2019, 11:22 PM
newporsche is an unknown quantity at this point
on the porsche recalls link i enter my vin but it says no active recalls:....shouldnt the 2010 panamera s be included in the recall?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Huge 2010-2016 Panamera Recall