Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aux reverse light - stripped torx head

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 05:43 PM
970gts is on a distinguished road
aux reverse light - stripped torx head

Need brighter reverse lights. Unfortunately I have taillights where the cover to change out the reverse light is sealed, so I can't change out the bulb. Bought a couple of LED floodlights from Oznium to augment the existing reverse light. Installed them on either side of license plate frame and all set to wire it up to the taillight electrical connector. Screw (T25?) holding the taillight in place was so tight, I ended up stripping the corners of the torx head. Did the same to the opposite side. Anyone have any suggestions hold to remove the stripped screw so that I can remove the taillight and wire the auxiliary reverse lights up?

Old 06-10-2019, 07:45 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 970gts
Need brighter reverse lights. Unfortunately I have taillights where the cover to change out the reverse light is sealed, so I can't change out the bulb. Bought a couple of LED floodlights from Oznium to augment the existing reverse light. Installed them on either side of license plate frame and all set to wire it up to the taillight electrical connector. Screw (T25?) holding the taillight in place was so tight, I ended up stripping the corners of the torx head. Did the same to the opposite side. Anyone have any suggestions hold to remove the stripped screw so that I can remove the taillight and wire the auxiliary reverse lights up?

Get a set of those stripped screw removers, basically a cutting head that digs into the metal and reserves it out (forget the name), but have had to use mine many times.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:17 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Old 06-12-2019, 01:10 AM
970gts is on a distinguished road
Many thanks for the advice. Got a screw extractor kit from Harbor Freight, $10. Carefully followed directions and screw is out. Replaced it with a stainless steel one with a beefy hex head (screw is M6). Will splice LED wires to taillight connector and post pics of how it turns out.