Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Tail of the Dragon Redux July 9-11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 10:52 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Tail of the Dragon Redux July 9-11

~~~Tail of the Dragon July 9-11~~~

Surrounding Roads Map:

Radar Coverage Map:

One Small Section of What to Expect!!!

Click here for the:
Tail of the Dragon Website

The Background

Gotta LOVE those dates.....July 9-11!!! It is an omen!! It can't snow! It can't rain!! Some of you know what I am referring to. LOL!

Us New Jersey folk are going to do a low profile Tail of the Dragon Run on July 9-11. Incidentally, this all came to fruition at 9:11pm at night!! How cool is that!!

So, what is planned you ask???

Well, actually, just some good times with some good friends and some REALLY GREAT DRIVING!!

We don't have anything formal planned other than to drive into Knoxville, Tennessee, stay at the Hilton and do some really intense driving on the ~~~Tail!!~~~ Of course we will eat, drink and be merry together and we would love to meet anyone else who wants to make the journey to one of the most incredible roads in the east!!

We will run the ~~~Tail~~~ on Friday afternoon to avoid congestion so plan accordingly. We have reserved rooms for the nights of Thursday, July 8 and Friday, July 9.

The Rough New Jersey Plan

Thursday, July 8
Depart NJ at 9:00am
Arrive Knoxville 6:00pm
We invite everyone else to join us for dinner.

Friday, July 9
Breakfast and then off to run the TAIL!!! We will spend Friday driving the Tail and the surrounding roads. The second to last map above shows the roads in the area. We will probably do some kind of loop. The last map shows radar coverage on the various roads........so we must BEWARE!!
Dinner in Knoxville.

Saturday, July 10
Depart for return trip to New Jersey

The Knoxville Hilton
501 West Church Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37902-2591
Tel: 1-865-523-2300
Fax: 1-865-525-6532
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=KNXKHHF

The Hilton Knoxville is situated in the heart of downtown Knoxville, the gateway to scenic Eastern Tennessee. The hotel connects to the Knoxville Convention Center by a covered walkway and just one block from the University of Tennessee campus. The spacious guest rooms offer the finest in modern amenities as well as spectacular views of the great Smoky Mountains. Rooms offer up-to-the-minute technology including two line phones with voice mail, data ports, and complimentary wireless high speed internet. The hotel's restaurant, Jack's Steakhouse, serves delicious food in a casually elegant atmosphere while High Fives Sports Bar provides the right setting for a cigar and watching a game. The hotel's recreational facilities include an onsite exercise room, sauna and a seasonal outdoor pool. In addition, guests of the hotel can obtain a day-use pass to the local YMCA for a $6.00 fee. Waterskiing, snow skiing, golf and boating are available within a 45 minute drive. The hotel is within walking distance of the federal and state government office building and only one block from the site of the 1982 World's Fair. The Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge areas are within a 45 minute drive. The best in Tennessee hospitality and comfort- in the *heart of the action* - It happens at the Hilton.

Call and make your own reservations. Space is limited so call soon!!

The Attendees:
  • KPV (996TT)
  • Sean (996TT)
  • TonyNJ (996TT) (aka: Convict)
  • Vipertestarossa (996TT)
  • Dock (996TT)
  • Bob M (996TT)
  • James (996TT)
  • Harvey (993)
  • Orli930 (996TT) (aka: Mr. Softee)
  • Xico (996TT) (aka:Mr. Potato Head)
  • Mark (996TT)
  • Mark (996TT)
  • Bill (GT2)

If you want to go, post here and we will add you to the list. You must show up to get own genuine official T-Shirt!!!

Hope you all can come!!

Old 05-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
If I get my GT3 by then I am definitely coming.

Old 05-13-2004, 08:42 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Sounds great.... I will check my schedule and as long as no conflicts I'm in...

Old 05-13-2004, 08:57 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Gary,
I am very happy to hear that! We really want to meet you guys and the Florida event bust was a bummer for us. Hopefully, the other guys will be able to make this as well.

Old 05-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
I'm planning on being there.

Old 05-13-2004, 10:58 PM
Orli930 is on a distinguished road
You can count me in.

Old 05-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Bob M is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a great time and one that was destined to happen! I will try to work out those dates to be there as well.

Old 05-14-2004, 03:50 AM
Sean is on a distinguished road
like a postman I will be there "neither rain nor snow....."will deter me from attending.

Old 05-14-2004, 04:46 AM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Just got off the phone with KPV and I am in!

Old 05-14-2004, 05:07 AM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
I just reserved my room, can't wait!!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2004, 05:32 AM
KPV
Oh boy!!! The Fabulous Five are back together again!!! Lookout!!!
Tony, I tried to reach Bill to fill him in. I only left a message. Can you contact him and tell him to make his arrangements??

Old 05-14-2004, 05:36 AM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Hey Tony

Who do you think will have the coolest wheels?

HaHa

Old 05-14-2004, 05:38 AM
KPV
Uh oh!! Do I hear a little competition brewing???

Old 05-14-2004, 09:05 PM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
I don't know Ron, everyone really likes the HRE's. Maybe it's the Arctic Silver, ha, ha, ha!!!

Old 05-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Ken, I called Bill this morning and left him a message. I think he's in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tail of the Dragon Redux July 9-11