Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

MD/DC/VA- Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:12 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
MD/DC/VA- Drag Racing

Alright guys, so I just relized that I have to go to play golf with one of my former clients Sunday and I am going to miss out on the 6speed drive/AC car show. I have to say I am pretty bummed bc I havent done anything Pcar related all summer and hopefully I will have my new chip in by Friday

So that got me thinking - what else can I do? Well, with some extra horses lets go test it out. I noticed they have some "Speed Unlimited Midnight Madness" it looks like its geared toward teens and their ricers, but has anyone ever been? Is there anywhere closer to Baltimore to run the quarter?

Thanks, Chris

Old 06-21-2007, 11:17 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Ahmad, (Blackbenzz) sets up 1/4 mile meets all the time. I went with him a few months ago to Capitol Raceway in MD, about 40 mins from DC, and we did as many runs as we wanted from 1-4. My best was 12.2 @ 122. Im sure hes got a bunch going on....

Old 06-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Ahmad is a stand up guy ad does a great job on the events he sets up. Hopefully he will jump on this thread and tell us when he is doing his next one.

Maxwell nice numbers

Old 06-21-2007, 11:35 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Wow. nice, right in Crofton, only 40 min for me too. if I have my car back I might go this Friday even if it is by myself... They are open until 11pm so I am sure we can get in a bunch of runs vs. many stangers and camaros....

Maxwell ... I doubt I will touch that 12.2, how is the track anyway?

Old 06-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Ahmad is working on it now, we are trying to get more BMW M5's and M6's to attend so if you know anyone.....we are probably looking towards fall. Anytime anyone want to go to the track just email me, I am always down to go....I was at capitol 2 weeks ago and MIR last fri.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Jason,

How do the 2 tracks compare? I know that CL is FAST, what is your best time? Will i have to pull out my spare tire and all that crap?

Old 06-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cohare
Jason,

How do the 2 tracks compare? I know that CL is FAST, what is your best time? Will i have to pull out my spare tire and all that crap?
MIR is alot better if not one of the fastest tracks in the country. You dont have to get that crazy unless you want to, i always do as a rule, the car is gutted of everything possible, but not everyone is that **** 11.14 @ 125.9 is my fastest at MIR in really cool air. Heres a run from last friday at MIR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyYkN_35dsc

Old 06-21-2007, 11:47 AM
holy crap that is fast, noticed you were wearing a helmet, when is that required?

Only thing against MIR is that it is like an hour and a half for me, maybe more in DC traffic on Friday night...leaning toward capitol raceway ...if they will give me my car back!

Old 06-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Site Sponsor
holy crap that is fast, noticed you were wearing a helmet, when is that required?

Only thing against MIR is that it is like an hour and a half for me, maybe more in DC traffic on Friday night...leaning toward capitol raceway ...if they will give me my car back!
capitol is still an awesome track, really awesome to be honest. You need a helmet from 13.99 and below i think, pick one up online cheap for 70.00

Old 06-21-2007, 12:04 PM
where does one buy one of those helmets? I remember when I was 17 and my CIVIC almost ran a 13.99, seems pretty slow to require a helmet... rules are rules...

Old 06-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Site Sponsor
where does one buy one of those helmets? I remember when I was 17 and my CIVIC almost ran a 13.99, seems pretty slow to require a helmet... rules are rules...
helmets.... http://stores.ebay.com/Factory-Overl...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Old 06-21-2007, 01:50 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Hey guys, thanks for the positive words. I dont have anything planned until the fall which will be a huge (maybe even national) event at MIR with possible heads up racing.

I dont have anything planned any time soon but I can set something up anytime for you guys if theres enough interest. Unfortunately I've been burned pretty bad the last few times out because of no shows and I dont put together events as often as I used to.

Chris- I agree 100% with Jason. Capitol is a good track, prep is not always great but it's definitely not a slow track. Capitol is alot closer to us but dont expect to run 10+ times at a test and tune on friday night. My best run at Capitol is only .1s slower than my best run at MIR. If you get there early (when the gates open) you may be able to get a few passes in quickly before the masses show up. On average you get about 3 passes depending on what time you show up and how long you wait. If you and Jason planning on going friday night I may roll with you guys.

Maybe we can get Scott Divexxtreme to hit the track with us I know he wanted to come to my last rental but ran into some problems.

Edit: Oh yea, I know when you think dragstrip, you think ricer but its really nothing like what you picture in your head. Its a great experience with plenty of nicely tuned vehicles. It will change your definition of fast/quick. Theres nothing better than gaining experience launching the car. The more practice you get, the better times you get. Something you will hear alot is "Its all in the first 60' " and that is very true

Last edited by blackbenzz; 06-21-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:46 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
I'm interested in MIR but will probably end up throwing one of the lowest times up on the board, getting embarrased and throwing my tail between my legs. So I may reserve myself the embarassment and just watch everyone.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by boochook
I'm interested in MIR but will probably end up throwing one of the lowest times up on the board, getting embarrased and throwing my tail between my legs. So I may reserve myself the embarassment and just watch everyone.
not allowed.....rule is you have to run unless your car is broken seriously its so much fun, what u run is what u run.....

Old 06-22-2007, 02:31 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Jason,

I know. I'll probably end up running a few of the heats and probably drop the trans and fluids all over the track.

Let me know when the next one to MIR is.

B-

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MD/DC/VA- Drag Racing