Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Real working 997 PADDLE SHIFT Steering Wheel for Tiptronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Zbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to all
Real working 997 PADDLE SHIFT Steering Wheel for Tiptronic

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price: $1200
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Turbo, Porsche 911 997 Non-Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used

This paddle shift Tiptronic steering wheel does not require any dealer programming. It is plug-and-play.

The enjoyment of your car will grow by 100+ % with this steering wheel. No joke.

This is the factory Multi Function steering wheel. It was modified to have real paddle shifters. They work like a charm.

The condition of the steering wheel is very good. There are no major scratches in the leather. The car only has 25k miles on it. Some of those miles were put on my Techart steering wheel - not the one for sale here.

I just made the same modification to the Techart steering wheel I will be using.

I will need your Multi Function Steel Wheel in exchange.

EDIT based on questions:

The paddles work as is shows on them.

Left is downshift.

Right is upshift.

The factory buttons also still work.

When your right hand is busy on the phone you can use the factory button with your left hand to shift up. I have done that a number of times.

If the 987.1 Boxster uses the same steering wheel as a 997.1 it will work.

The enjoyment of your car will grow by 100+ % with this steering wheel. No joke.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-23120052.jpg
Views:	4990
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	292675  

Last edited by Zbird; 12-15-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Zbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to all
Your car will feel like a different car.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Major price reduction to $1,200.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:19 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
This looks very interesting. I just finished looking all over to get more info on this..nothing. Can you please confirm that it does work 100% on a 987.1 Boxster?

Also, the paddle action? As you must know the Tip has up/down functions on each side buttons. The labels on the paddles imply that the right one is Up and the left is Down, but i suspect it cannot function this way on a Tip car. Could you advise exactly how these perform when you pull on them?? If there are any instructions that came with it, that might also help.

Either way, it appears this is a nice upgrade from fumbling to get it right when you have to shift with your arms crossed [talk about "multi-tasking" and for the people who think driving with a Tip is mind numbing... I know you haven't tried to do that!] :->

JR

Old 11-09-2013, 02:20 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
Oh, and do the regular buttons still function?

Old 11-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by john rice
This looks very interesting. I just finished looking all over to get more info on this..nothing. Can you please confirm that it does work 100% on a 987.1 Boxster?

Also, the paddle action? As you must know the Tip has up/down functions on each side buttons. The labels on the paddles imply that the right one is Up and the left is Down, but i suspect it cannot function this way on a Tip car. Could you advise exactly how these perform when you pull on them?? If there are any instructions that came with it, that might also help.

Either way, it appears this is a nice upgrade from fumbling to get it right when you have to shift with your arms crossed [talk about "multi-tasking" and for the people who think driving with a Tip is mind numbing... I know you haven't tried to do that!] :->

JR

Yes, the paddles work as is shows on them.

Left is downshift. Right is upshift.

The factory buttons also still work.

When your right hand is busy on the phone you can use the factory button with your left hand to shift up. I have done that a number of times.

If the 987.1 Boxster uses the same steering wheel as a 997.1 it will work.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:02 AM
This is still for sale.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !
I would love to have the paddles and controls on my 996! Bump!

Old 01-08-2014, 05:26 PM
This is still for sale.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:17 AM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
i would be very interested seeing how the paddles wiring are connected, is it spliced into the existing Tiptronic switches?

Possible pictures of the inside wiring?

Thanks.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Very cool upgrade

Old 04-11-2014, 12:16 PM
doktordyper is an unknown quantity at this point
is this still available?

Old 04-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
So its 1200$ PLUS a core??? WOW

Old 04-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Or you can pay GIAC $1,000 and just get the quicker shifts and still have the lame buttons.

Your call.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:23 PM
AirKID is on a distinguished road
Can you please email me for further detail?
I am currently driving a 987 Boxster S 3.2L tiptronic automatic gearbox
thanks

mathewtsangtsang@yahoo.com.hk