Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Geo3 is on a distinguished road
Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?

Wondering if a "flip-out" Turbo rear spoiler can be fitted in place of the Panamera or Panamera S rear spoiler?

Looks like it takes up the same folded space, so should just be a simple purchase of a Turbo spoiler, with mechanism, which should slot into same area.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Geo3 is on a distinguished road
bump

Old 09-22-2009, 06:18 AM
2Sick2Quit will become famous soon enough
Interesting question, guess there aren't too many owners on here yet.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:55 PM
sumat is on a distinguished road
hopefully a tuner will come out with a tasteful rear wing.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:52 AM
wnshie is on a distinguished road
I found out in China they have worked out a way to retrofit a turbo spoiler on the lower models, costs below US$3000, and since they modified the mechanism of the oem turbo spoiler, the installation doesn't require a reprogramming, here is a link to the video (notice it's a Panamer 4):
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzEwNzkxOTk2.html
FYI. I ain't the shop, I'm also looking into the possibility of this and planning on driving to a shop also provides this and located closer down south near Hong Kong.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:48 AM
dlss23 is on a distinguished road
hey wnshie, its nice to see someone from HK on 6speedonline, I own a P4S in HK too and is also looking for the turbo spoiler retrofit. However as far as I know, there aren't any yet.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:33 AM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
search the forum, i read a post earlier this year one guy in Europe did it and it was pain in the butt because of the programing issue, maybe the video above found solution to this but for the cost and time needed, i dont think its worth it.... i say get the TechArt Grand GT Spoiler, that thing is sick!!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:01 AM
diss23, hi there! No, it's not avail in HK, it's from China, I got in contact with the shop, he claims it's merely a plug n play, I am now discussing with him the details regarding delivery.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 AM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wnshie
diss23, hi there! No, it's not avail in HK, it's from China, I got in contact with the shop, he claims it's merely a plug n play, I am now discussing with him the details regarding delivery.
I will be interested if they can ship to USA?

Old 09-26-2012, 03:17 AM
mas8002mi will become famous soon enough
any update on this?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Any update about the turbo spoiler? I really doubt its merely plug and play, i remember there is one 4s owner in this forum said the car needs to program as "turbo"... but i am very interest to know the result, perhaps if you are doing the retofit of the turbo spoiler in HK, I am very interest to do this together.

Btw, what wheel do you use?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:39 PM
I am kinda busy with my own business right now, after the Moon Festival, I will move on with this project. diss23, sure, as a fellow HK, I will let you know first hand .

Regarding the reprogramming of the Panny, I asked the person in charge in details over quite a few emails back and forth, he promised as a fact that:

1) it will work and his company will stand by it and they have done quite a few Pannies since 2009
2) he assured me NO reprogramming is required on the Panny, and I can be there to make sure of it
3) they WON'T send the modified Turbo Spoiler out directly, they would only send the oem unmodified Turbo Spoiler out even if I am willing to pay the difference
4) the installation takes roughly 2-3 hours of dissembling and reassembling time

so, the only thing he didn't reveal to me was how they mod the OEM Turbo Spoiler, since they obviously treat it like some business secrets...

I will keep you posted.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 PM
THanks for the information

so the "trick" is to mod the spoiler to do the flip out action, instead of reprogramming the car, just plug and play, it sounds very strict forward.

The person you are dealing with, where is his shop locate in China? Shengzhen or Gongzhou? Do you think it is possible to ask their technican to come to Hong Kong for a day with their modified turbo spoilers and installed on our cars together. We can share all the extra expenses.

I went to your album saw you have diff exhaust, is that the ksg or ak?

I am kinda busy with my own business right now, after the Moon Festival, I will move on with this project. diss23, sure, as a fellow HK, I will let you know first hand .

Regarding the reprogramming of the Panny, I asked the person in charge in details over quite a few emails back and forth, he promised as a fact that:

1) it will work and his company will stand by it and they have done quite a few Pannies since 2009
2) he assured me NO reprogramming is required on the Panny, and I can be there to make sure of it
3) they WON'T send the modified Turbo Spoiler out directly, they would only send the oem unmodified Turbo Spoiler out even if I am willing to pay the difference
4) the installation takes roughly 2-3 hours of dissembling and reassembling time

so, the only thing he didn't reveal to me was how they mod the OEM Turbo Spoiler, since they obviously treat it like some business secrets...

I will keep you posted.

Last edited by dlss23; 09-28-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:21 AM
mas8002mi will become famous soon enough
really interested in this..... any updates?

Old 10-18-2012, 08:55 AM
mas8002mi, sorry buddy, not yet, I'm trying something soon thou...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?