Dodson Motorsport PDK Upgrade going on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Sweet just wanted to check!

Good luck Mark!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 10-09-2016, 07:21 AM
milaadf is on a distinguished road
Two thumbs up to Mark. Met him at the Mojave Mile and got a chance to spend almost the whole day with him. There could be no nicer guy. Car is beautiful and mean. Congrats on a great build. Saw him do 199 on his first pass and the car was just warming up.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:46 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Milaadf,
It was great meeting you last weekend at Mojave. Thank you for all your help I couldnt have done it you. We thought we might have had a boost line come off so Milaadf said lets find out so right there at the airstrip we took the rear bumper and checked all the lines. then we had Battery issues so we couldnt even get the car in neutral to get it on the trailer. We wrenched on the car and brain stormed for 6 hours, Long story short we got the car trailered and took off for LA to drop the Car off to Sam.

I talked with Sam on Friday and he told me he had a Fun day planned with his Family so I told him I would keep him updated with my runs. Well I only did 1/2 a run and we ran into problems so of course I appoligized and called Sam he was there for us the whole day by phone by Text he helped us try to trouble shoot the problem. When it became apparent we could not fix the car at the track and the shop was closed Sam offered for us to bring the car to his house and he would take care of it on Monday.

Sam I just want to say Thank you again my friend for all your help last weekend and continued support. I know everybody on this forum already knows this but if you ever need anything for your Porsche, Sam is the man to call his service is second to none and he truely enjoys what he does.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cheers to you guys. My pleasure Mark and it was nice hanging with you and your wife. Plus my son got to show you his Police costume! I am sorry your day got cut short. Hey 175.5 in the half for your shake down is not bad and you hit that 200! Looks like tons of oil in the system as we suspected. Not much you guys could have done. Sucks because your car did so many runs and events no problem until she was worked on. We will clean everything up and get you going asap. We have more records to crush!

Old 10-14-2016, 07:20 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to read about your setback Mark. I hope it's an easy fix. Appreciate you sharing your journey both successes and problems. Not many do. We're rooting for you to hit your goals and break records.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:22 AM
Uthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond repute
This is a great thread...it's so interesting and informative, yet no one is pissed about anything (like the Z06 Corvette forum!)

Old 10-14-2016, 12:46 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Good luck with the fix Mark. I'll see you at Shift Sector on the 22nd. Should be a blast.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:50 AM
JBFMCAR will become famous soon enoughJBFMCAR will become famous soon enough
Any new updates with the transmission and how is performing?

Old 11-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JBFMCAR
Any new updates with the transmission and how is performing?
I had an oil issue with my motor, we should have everything ironed out in the next couple of weeks, the short time I had it running it was flawless.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:56 AM
Well here is what Ive been up to, By Design/John Bray mild motor

Build this will be going in my car next week, Stay tuned.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:07 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Serious work

Looking forward to seeing the numbers

Old 12-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Guys like you that stick your neck / wallet on the line to push the envelop, is what get platforms to the next level!

What exactly happened?

What caused the oiling issue and what did it damage (if anything)?

Old 12-08-2016, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Serious work

Looking forward to seeing the numbers
Me too Scott will keep you up to date, How do you like your new Turbos

Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Guys like you that stick your neck / wallet on the line to push the envelop, is what get platforms to the next level!

What exactly happened?

What caused the oiling issue and what did it damage (if anything)?
Bobby It wasn't my initial plan but one thing just leads to another and well you know! The 991 has got to be the most efficient platform out there the problem is many things still need to be developed, axles, Diff's, fueling, PDK stage 2 ( being worked but I havent seen any real info yet ).

When I brought my car to Sam to install the Turbos he told me that I had a little oil in my stock Vtg's and that I needed to keep the oil level down. So we had the oil level down on the stick when I was running my 1/4 mile times at Sac and Famoso. When I took my car into a shop near me they filled the oil up to normal level. I picked my car up late thursday and put it on the trailer and drove up to Mojave, Saturday morning I checked the oil level and noticed it was higher than we had it, I figured not that big of deal so I ran the car and only got in 1/2 a run before the motor shut down. The Porsche 911 motor has to much Positive crank case ventilation when modified, you need to keep the oil level down on the stick or install a catch can. Really expensive lesson. The car was moving out until is wasn't I was around 176 in the half mile at 4,100DA Somewhere around the mile it shut down, so Im sure at the 1/2 I was already having oil issues. The stock speedo hit 210 ( and was still moving fast ) which at that speed its off by 5mph

Old 12-09-2016, 04:58 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Me too Scott will keep you up to date, How do you like your new TurbosBobby It wasn't my initial plan but one thing just leads to another and well you know! The 991 has got to be the most efficient platform out there the problem is many things still need to be developed, axles, Diff's, fueling, PDK stage 2 ( being worked but I havent seen any real info yet ).

When I brought my car to Sam to install the Turbos he told me that I had a little oil in my stock Vtg's and that I needed to keep the oil level down. So we had the oil level down on the stick when I was running my 1/4 mile times at Sac and Famoso. When I took my car into a shop near me they filled the oil up to normal level. I picked my car up late thursday and put it on the trailer and drove up to Mojave, Saturday morning I checked the oil level and noticed it was higher than we had it, I figured not that big of deal so I ran the car and only got in 1/2 a run before the motor shut down. The Porsche 911 motor has to much Positive crank case ventilation when modified, you need to keep the oil level down on the stick or install a catch can. Really expensive lesson. The car was moving out until is wasn't I was around 176 in the half mile at 4,100DA Somewhere around the mile it shut down, so Im sure at the 1/2 I was already having oil issues. The stock speedo hit 210 ( and was still moving fast ) which at that speed its off by 5mph
I don't have the car back yet when I do I'll certainly let you know