Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Cargo net for Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 03:28 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Cargo net for Vantage

I meant to post this a while back--figure it'll be useful to somebody.

I was tired of having stuff shift around in the hatch if I felt like taking a corner a little more spiritedly than usual, so I found a solution. The "Hammock Storage Net" by Highland, available at my local Pep Boys, fits pretty well, hooked onto the luggage *****:

So if you occasionally do shopping in your Vantage (or you carry a supply bag to car shows), but don't want to sacrifice fun, there's your solution.

Old 04-23-2017, 05:03 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Great find. Have something similar in my other cars. Haven't thought about it but this is a great idea. Thanks

Old 04-23-2017, 05:30 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
I kept the net out of my RS4 and it works a treat to keep stuff up on the upper sloping shelf so the boot space is clear

Good post Mathman

G

Old 04-23-2017, 05:40 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I searched for quite a while before I found a net that could tightly attach to the nuts in the cargo area and had closed sides to ensure things didn't slide out from the sides. It holds the owner's manual tightly in place along the side of the compartment.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cargo_net_1.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	474924   Click image for larger version

Name:	cargo_net_2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	474925  
Old 04-23-2017, 07:57 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by blue2000s
I searched for quite a while before I found a net that could tightly attach to the nuts in the cargo area and had closed sides to ensure things didn't slide out from the sides. It holds the owner's manual tightly in place along the side of the compartment.
What's the name of that one, or where did you get it? Looks good.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:57 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
What's the name of that one, or where did you get it? Looks good.

I bought it on ebay, $7. You just have to look at the dimensions and find one close to 12 1/2" x 34". I like the pocket as opposed to just the flat net or you could do a net that's 25" x 34" and fold it onto itself.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:51 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
The net was a must in my Z but over the years I ended up with so much crap in the hatch nothing could move very much no matter how I drove it. And since I have the B&O I have 1/2 the angled shelf space. I keep my clubs in the hatch anyway [try that you Porsche guys!] so whatever fits on top or around them doesn't really have far to move. So things may move around a little when I hit that double S perfect, but it's not enough to make me worry about it

Old 04-24-2017, 12:00 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I will have to post a photo of the net I bought. It is for a Mustang. I have it on the vertical part of the trunk opposite the tail lights, It works well for quick detail, towels, and a road side emergency reflector triangle. It was around $28.
Ron

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	small_trunk_pic.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	475025  

Last edited by Ron Avery; 04-25-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:06 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
I will have to post a photo of the net I bought. It is for a Mustang. I have it on the vertical part of the trunk opposite the tail lights, It works well for quick detail, towels, and a road side emergency reflector triangle. It was around $28.
Ron
Yes Ron, I'd like to see that.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:04 PM
AMG_Beast is on a distinguished road
Subd for Ron's net

Old 04-25-2017, 05:58 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
They are everywhere

Most Ford built SUVs, Escape, Edge, Flex, Explorer, Expedition and facing Mercury and Lincoln versions, built over the last dozen years or so, included versions of this type net. Constructed of elastic material, they stretch to fit just about any similar application.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:15 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Ok, I added a photo to my original post above.
Ron

Old 04-29-2017, 07:41 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
I thought our cars came with a net? I bought my car used with a great net in the trunk. Who would have thought no net...my old 99 beater catera came with a net...is AM so cheap to not include?

Oh well...my vantage is called base...haha
Enjoy your weekend

Old 04-30-2017, 06:36 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
-Where did the net go?

AM did supply a most critical component of this product feature, they included fasteners designed for its attachment and use.

I don't actually know, however, I can come up with rationale for use of expensive fasteners, but lack of a net. The net, in the program originally, was deleted in response to a "PIP" (profit improvement program).

PIPs can demand reductions in headcount, capital expenditure or variable cost. The net would be a variable cost, a part or material that goes out the door with the vehicle. Reductions here have the most immediate effect on the bottom line.

So the net would be a minor contributor and would probably require additional, more significant actions, but as a product planner I would want my delete list to achieve the objective but have minimal disruption to the program as a whole.

A cliche in the car business is, "when the economy catches a cold, the auto industry catches pneumonia". A PIP is the attempt to smooth out and maintain a profit, avoiding pneumonia.

Last edited by flinder; 04-30-2017 at 06:58 AM. Reason: delete redundancy
Old 04-30-2017, 08:38 AM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Great post...I read and understand your answer. Now it makes sense as the hooks remained as came under the luggage holder and important.

I would believe most indrusties use this formula when deciding on products. I see it in mine.

Many here will understand from your help. But like me many will worry as when AM changes a bolt class on our suspension after a Monday morning tech half hung recommends change over which cases an accident when it breaks...but again not just cars...all companies do this...sad but true.

​​​​​​You are a smart man...I learned!
Have a great weekend!

​​​​​

​​​​​​

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.