Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Alarm System Service Required

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 02:40 AM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Alarm System Service Required

Just started receiving this pop up message in my DB9. Funny thing is I removed the module in the trunk years ago when I did the stereo upgrade. Erases OK with the T1 method. Is this a mileage related pop up? Anyone have a clue?

Old 11-28-2020, 06:40 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
I got that problem when I'd let the battery go completely flat for weeks. Apparently after the battery goes flat, the battery in the alarm sounder goes flat, and that triggered the fault. Fully charging the battery didn't fix it, it needed AM to clear the fault. It could be that your alarm sounder battery has gone bad. Do you have any diagnostic reader that can give you more info?

Old 11-28-2020, 08:48 AM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
If that battery is inside the alarm module in the trunk then there isn't one as I removed it. The battery never went flat as it's always on the ctek. It's as though the message is part of the car's software designed to pop up at a certain mileage. It's like a doctor saying you have a bad appendix but you've already had it removed. I have a reader which I will give a shout but I'll be surprised if it shows anything.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:54 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Alarm module/siren is not in the trunk, located in the LH rear wheel arch. If disconnected message will be on immediately.

Old 11-28-2020, 10:06 AM
I found my module in the trunk. I removed it about 4 years ago and never had a message. Messages just started appearing yesterday. Obviously someone had been in there before.

Old 11-29-2020, 07:04 AM
AM4884 will become famous soon enoughAM4884 will become famous soon enough
On my 2006 DB9, the module is in the rear of the LH rear fender well. It's a volvo module. Found it on Alibaexpress for $80 delivered. Mine gave me the warning when the battery was dead, charged the battery, then disconnected the battery and put the new module in. Problem went away...

Old 01-19-2023, 10:14 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
does the battery in the module, cause the remote door locks not to work as well?

Old 01-22-2023, 08:17 PM
UltraMarine is a jewel in the roughUltraMarine is a jewel in the roughUltraMarine is a jewel in the rough
IIRC it's an easy to find Ford part: 6G9N-19G229

Common to AML, JLR, Mazda, etc

Last edited by UltraMarine; 01-22-2023 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-29-2023, 09:59 PM
convexproblem will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by UltraMarine

I don't think it's very easy to find new, there are a few threads about replacing the alarm battery with many people struggled to find new ones.

I bought a used Volvo alarm, opened it, put in a new (and much bigger) battery. It was kind of a PITA.

Old 01-30-2023, 05:26 PM
I bought mine on Aliexpress - search for the DPQPOKHYY For Land Rover Discovery 3 Alarm Siren 7H22-19G229-AA ... Direct drop in replacement on my DB9. I note that it's gone up $30 or so since I bought mine.

Best
Larry

Old 01-30-2023, 08:31 PM
Pangerz is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys I'm in the process of fixing this. My alarm module was in such good condition but once I opened it up the battery had leaked onto the circuit board. I've cleaned it up a bit but don't know too much about electornics- can anyone lend an opinion?

Is this circuit board fried? Or can I connect a battery to it and throw it back in the car? I've marked where the positive and negative used to go!

Thanks!

Old 01-30-2023, 09:08 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
About 2 years ago I opened mine up to replace the batteries. I had to clean it up and check it for continuity. It's worked ever since. I'd give it a shot if the board is not physically damaged and there is continuity in the area that "looks" bad. I did have to use different size batteries but the specs were the same. I believe WILDCAT did a "how to" thread on this topic a couple of years ago. Good luck!

Old 04-20-2023, 10:01 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UltraMarine

Would this part number fit a 2010 Rapide?
Thank you.

Old 04-21-2023, 04:09 PM
Scuderia shows the same part # for the Rapide as in my 06 DB9. I replaced mine from Aliexpress.... YMMV!

Old 04-21-2023, 04:12 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AM4884
Scuderia shows the same part # for the Rapide as in my 06 DB9. I replaced mine from Aliexpress.... YMMV!
This part number BG43-37-11254?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alarm System Service Required