Feedback on the new 6speed marketplace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 09:43 AM
richgraham is a jewel in the roughrichgraham is a jewel in the roughrichgraham is a jewel in the rough
search bars take up too much too much space on the left side of my small laptop screen. maybe be better to locate search blocks at top only. seems like this page would have been better left alone. i don't search, i just like to see what is for sale- whatever it is.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:02 AM
dave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nice
Smile

Seems like a lot of motion to get to where you want to go. I would like to see just a heading by manufacturer.
Just my two cents.
Thanks for trying to improve the site. I appreciate your efforts.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:22 PM
IB Staff
IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by royaltouchtt
Put the layout back to the way it was. Must user friendly
Understood - we received a lot of feedback that found it too difficult to search for specific vehicles using the "old" system, so we tried to incorporate the "old system" as best we could (i.e. a thread format), but instead allow people to browse more specifically.

I will see what we can do to move the search widgets to make it look "less cluttered"

Adrian

Old 12-29-2009, 07:57 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Putting the sponsor logos on the right will be a nice start.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:49 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Adrian, At first it did seem a bit busy! The more you navigate that section the more comfortable one becomes. I like the idea that admin. is trying to keep the 6 fresh and informative, for that you have my "Old Guard" kudos!!

Old 01-01-2010, 02:39 PM
plz
plz is on a distinguished road
Can't scroll with the arrow keys on my keyboard. "Autos for sale" forum only, other forums are fine. Seems to be related to the "See more" section, as soon as that auto-expands, the scrolling via arrow keys is disabled. Collapsing the "see more" section does not fix the problem. Very annoying...

Old 01-04-2010, 02:49 PM
IB Staff
IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !IB Adrian Is a GOD !
plz - thanks, we will look into rectifying that.

As for moving the search widgets from the left hand side, we cannot do that currently, but like the thumbnails we will try doing that with V3.0 of the marketplace. We will be wrapping some of the text in the template to make it less likely to stretch the screen in the mean time.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Am I missing it, but if I happen to be surfing the marketplace as a visitor but then want to log in to post, I have to click on another forum to access the login/password bars. Why is it not accessible directly from the marketplace forum?

Old 02-01-2010, 01:21 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
My suggestion would be to get sponsors to stop posting F/S items in the regular forums. I for one can't stand it when they post up items they regularly have for sale and then continue to bump the post for the sake of advertising... and then keep bumping and bumping and bumping....

Keep the regular car fourms for car related stuff and a for sale section for the for sale items......

Old 02-04-2010, 06:56 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
New product announcements (without prices or "for sale") can be released on general forums. Items for sale are typically moved to the Vendor Classified section. However, not every forum has a Vendor Classified...ie the GT-R forum doesn't have a Vendors Classified section because the traffic is lower than the Porsche sections.

It's something that we should consider.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:41 PM
IB Staff
Originally Posted by richgraham
search bars take up too much too much space on the left side of my small laptop screen. maybe be better to locate search blocks at top only. seems like this page would have been better left alone. i don't search, i just like to see what is for sale- whatever it is.
We have now made it so you can hide the search widget

Old 02-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I hate it... I hate filling out the fields for the info on a vehicle, and it's just plain clunky...

Just my $.02 worth...
Mike

Old 02-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
+100,000

This is my second biggest complaint with this site.

First biggest is the lack of concern over providing worthwhile technical data in a useful and easy to access way. Stickys with meaningful technical data would be handy and helpfull. Some of this other stuff is just nonsense.

Mike

Originally Posted by str8blst
My suggestion would be to get sponsors to stop posting F/S items in the regular forums. I for one can't stand it when they post up items they regularly have for sale and then continue to bump the post for the sake of advertising... and then keep bumping and bumping and bumping....

Keep the regular car fourms for car related stuff and a for sale section for the for sale items......

Old 04-20-2010, 08:28 PM
centexm3 is on a distinguished road
how do you get the market place search tool back -- I asked to hide it and now can not get it back .. you know what im talking about -- the fields that first appear on the very left of the page .. how do i get those back ..

Old 04-24-2010, 11:33 AM
TCSRACING1 has a spectacular aura aboutTCSRACING1 has a spectacular aura about
it would be nice if the classifieds were make and model specific.

it is alot of extra work looking through ads for ferraris, bmws, etc......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Feedback on the new 6speed marketplace