2011 911 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 05:03 PM
JayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of light
2011 911 Turbo S

I finally got the 2011 911 Turbo S.

I ordered in August, 2010 and the car got here end of December and I got the delivery on 1/4/2011 TUE... Finally!!!

This has been my longest wait in my car purchasing history. Never waited for something this long but it's worth the wait.

I am quite picky when it comes to options.

The reason I ordered it was because from Porsche factory, most cars come with options that I don't need and I don't want; AND they don't come with options that I want!

I opted for the no-cost Sports Bucket seats (2-tone) option that is an expensive option for most other cars. Got the white gauges for the speedometer/tachometer part and Sport Chrono.

Also, got the clear taillights and body-color painted center console. The car is White and the seats are White/Black.

The car wasn't as fast as I thought it would be since I'm already spoiled with the 458 that I got the delivery in August last year. But it's quite good. I think these two cars are about the same in terms of acceleration. Off the line is better with the 911 since it has the AWD and PDK (and "usable" launch control) but on the highway speeds, I think these two cars are neck to neck although I haven't tested them yet.

I will post more writings when I get some more feedback with my new car.

Last edited by JayTurbo; 01-06-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:22 PM
jimxyz is on a distinguished road
Congrats - Hope to see some pics - or bring it to Cars and Coffee Saturday (and the 458!)

Old 01-06-2011, 09:38 PM
JayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of lightJayTurbo is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jimxyz
Congrats - Hope to see some pics - or bring it to Cars and Coffee Saturday (and the 458!)
Yes, I will bring it to Cars & Coffee but how will you and I know each other? ;

Old 01-06-2011, 10:57 PM
rotaz has a spectacular aura aboutrotaz has a spectacular aura aboutrotaz has a spectacular aura about
Very nice jay saw your 458 last time at c&c car looks so much hotter in person. Congrats on the turboS.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by rotaz
Very nice Jay saw your 458 last time at c&c car looks so much hotter in person. Congrats on the turboS.
Thanks!

Wow... It seems like there are more people at Cars & Coffee than I think! How did you know it was "my" 458?

Old 01-06-2011, 11:41 PM
rotaz has a spectacular aura aboutrotaz has a spectacular aura aboutrotaz has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JayTurbo
Thanks!

Wow... It seems like there are more people at Cars & Coffee than I think! How did you know it was "my" 458?
Ha seen you with your pix and the 458 on this forum and then u were revving the car. Sounds so

Can't really miss it

Old 01-07-2011, 12:38 AM
Ha seen you with your pix and the 458 on this forum and then u were revving the car. Sounds so

Can't really miss it
Oh, ok... Please say hello next time you see me~! ;-)

Old 01-07-2011, 12:57 AM
For sure next time. Btw I see that you have a fleet of white cars would've loved to see a white Fcar don't see those too often, but then again it's a fcar gotta be red.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:34 AM
For sure next time. Btw I see that you have a fleet of white cars would've loved to see a white Fcar don't see those too often, but then again it's a fcar gotta be red.
I'm really not a fan of white cars. The reason I bought the white FX50 and Escalade was because those are our family cars and I get hot a lot. Last time I had black F430, GT-R and GL450 I couldn't handle the heat. So, I decided to go with White color this time.

The reason I got the Corsa Red 458 and White Turbo S was because, in my opinion, Ferrari looks the best in Corsa Red and 911s look the best in White. No other reasons. It just happened to be that I have three white cars and one red car whereas the one before I had three black cars and one gray car.

Here is the chart of colors that I think look good on:

Mercedes -> White
BMW -> Gray
Corvette -> Blue, White, Yellow
Porsche -> White
Ferrari -> Red
Lamborghini -> Any fancy color such as Green, Orange, Yellow...
Lancer EVO -> Blue, White
STI -> Blue
Cadillacs -> White, Black, Silver

By the way, my "the" favorite color is Blue. I debated a lot whether I should get a Light Blue (new color for 2011 911s) for the Turbo S. I love the color and it fits my preference. But I bought it White because I think it looks the best in White.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:36 PM
mpw32 is a jewel in the roughmpw32 is a jewel in the roughmpw32 is a jewel in the roughmpw32 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on the new Turbo S! Looking forward to pictures of it. I agree White does look best on the P-cars. I think I saw your 458 at C&C as well, it sounds amazing!! Very nice collection you have! If I go tomorrow I will stop by and say hi.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by mpw32
Congrats on the new Turbo S! Looking forward to pictures of it. I agree White does look best on the P-cars. I think I saw your 458 at C&C as well, it sounds amazing!! Very nice collection you have! If I go tomorrow I will stop by and say hi.
Yeah... Let's meet up! I will bring my Turbo S tomorrow.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:44 PM
mpw32 is a jewel in the roughmpw32 is a jewel in the roughmpw32 is a jewel in the roughmpw32 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by JayTurbo
Yeah... Let's meet up! I will bring my Turbo S tomorrow.
Wasn't ableto make it today, let me know the next time you go. Were you able to get any pictures

Old 01-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by mpw32
Wasn't ableto make it today, let me know the next time you go. Were you able to get any pictures
Yes, I went there and met a few friends from FerrariChat and 6speedonline.

I will post some pics tonight.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:20 PM
RudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to behold
I was there this morning. Saw a white Turbo S with Circle Porsche paper plate on it parked near the end of the lot. Not sure if that's yours. Beautiful car either way.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by RudyTT
I was there this morning. Saw a white Turbo S with Circle Porsche paper plate on it parked near the end of the lot. Not sure if that's yours. Beautiful car either way.
Yes, that was it. ;-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 911 Turbo S