DFW to Austin drive Saturday September 26th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:23 PM
trentor is on a distinguished road
Suck. I'd love to come to this but my wife has a baby shower to go to and I've got to watch the munchkin. Oh well, at least I can take him to Cars & Coffee that morning.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
i don't like the idea of trying to find parking for 10 cars in downtown so probably not going to dine there. there may be some high profile cars in the group so valet or street parking is probably a no go.

we might do a drive thru of downtown on the way back as a sight seeing detour.

for the eatery, i'd like some place with variety of good food, safe parking for the group, and it would help if it were somewhere between Marble Falls and Austin. this rules out anything on the east side of town. A typical american bar and grill will do as they usually have something for everyone but not ruling out mexican or italian.

i will look into the resturants mentioned above that fit the criteria and if there are any other suggestions. then i will pick 2 or 3 spots and let the guys vote on it on the day of the drive.

thanks for help

Old 09-02-2009, 06:15 AM
SAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura about
Alamo Springs Cafe in Comfort ( just South of Luckenbach ) is another option, depending on your route.

Otherwise, I would chose Bluebonnet Cafe, the pies and cakes are worth it. Plus you get to drive 1473 and Wire Rd ( if you are headed into Austin! )

Sounds like a great drive!

Steve

Old 09-02-2009, 09:19 AM
trentor is on a distinguished road
Bara, I've got the perfect place for you guys. I've eaten there a couple times...once with a big group of cars on a drive. I liked it so much I went back again with my wife and a few friends.

http://www.trattorialisina.com/ - It's an Italian restaurant on the grounds of the Mandola Estate Winery.

The parking is great...tons of room, close, good surface, perfect for some really nice cars. The food is great. It's SW of Austin a bit (Driftwood), so you can take fun roads there and leaving without dealing with traffic.

Last edited by trentor; 09-02-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
^^^ thanks guys.

i think i have enough to go with now to choose a good spot. i will be looking thru maps and might tweek the route a little to fit with the lunch spot.

we might be be stopping for a quick breakfast as well but i have that part covered.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:34 PM
tx08sti is on a distinguished road
I am ready to go anytime...

Old 09-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by tx08sti
I am ready to go anytime...
noted, thanks

Old 09-02-2009, 04:51 PM
We drove Three Sisters this weekend and took this route back to Dallas.

The best drive I taken in Texas so far...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Cres...761101&2v=CITY

Old 09-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Bara
noted, thanks
Much obliged, sir!

Old 09-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by tx08sti
Much obliged, sir!
your welcome, sir : )

Old 09-08-2009, 12:49 PM
the op is updated with a meet point.

i did some research on the above (checking websites, menues, reviews) and because the route is already set, i could only pick from what was convenient in terms of driving.

the Oasis seemed like a nice lunch stop but there were too many user reviews about bad service/food/crowding.

the blue bonnet cafe was rated average on food and great on pies and atmosphere.

so well take a vote on either the blue bonnet cafe, threadgills, or mighty fine burgers on the day of the drive. i have them all entered into the nav and they are all either on or fairly close to the route.

planning is done! just waiting to hit the open road

Old 09-08-2009, 03:08 PM
uracowman will become famous soon enough
You will regret not going to the salt lick. It is a borderline religious experience.
the op is updated with a meet point.

i did some research on the above (checking websites, menues, reviews) and because the route is already set, i could only pick from what was convenient in terms of driving.

the Oasis seemed like a nice lunch stop but there were too many user reviews about bad service/food/crowding.

the blue bonnet cafe was rated average on food and great on pies and atmosphere.

so well take a vote on either the blue bonnet cafe, threadgills, or mighty fine burgers on the day of the drive. i have them all entered into the nav and they are all either on or fairly close to the route.

planning is done! just waiting to hit the open road

Old 09-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by uracowman
You will regret not going to the salt lick. It is a borderline religious experience.
i dont doubt you 1 bit. the problem is there is very little variety of food at a BBQ. some people dont like BBQ and some are outright vegetarian so i try to pick a place that has something for everyone.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:00 PM
uracowman will become famous soon enough
i dont doubt you 1 bit. the problem is there is very little variety of food at a BBQ. some people dont like BBQ and some are outright vegetarian so i try to pick a place that has something for everyone.
lame. Either way, get in touch whenever you get in town.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Envy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RioGrandeValley
Cooler weather perhaps? Have heard about some really nice scenery and twists out there so looking forward to this one. Going solo on this run so if anybody cares to CO-Pilot in a lowly E90 BMW hit me up. 1 person only though my car don't do back seat passengers and can meet in Las Colinas area or at the TBA location.

Adios
carlos
Might take you up on this since the Firehawk is down, got anything against big passengers

Last edited by Envy; 09-09-2009 at 09:39 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DFW to Austin drive Saturday September 26th