DFW to Austin drive Saturday September 26th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Noble57 can only hope to improve
If you go to the Mighty Fine at Brodie and 290 in SW Austin, there are about 4 good mid range restaurants next to each other to choose from with a large amount of parking. A brew pub with burgers, Red Robin, Doc's has inside or outside dining. Lots of choices with lots of parking.

There is a Pei Wei's, Fish City Grill, Iron Cactus, Zinger's Cafe and Mimi's at the new Hill Country Galleria in Bee Caves. Lot's of parking. Waterloo Icehouse in the mall across the street.

If you let us Austin folks know ahead of time we could join you for lunch. I should have a Rossion by then.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:04 PM
uracowman will become famous soon enough
noble57 just reminded me of two other options. If you guys are into breweries, we have north by northwest and the flying saucer here in Austin. The flying saucer is just north of the UT campus at the triangle at 45th and guadalupe while north by northwest is right off of 183 and mopac. Both are really good with homemade beers. The food at north by northwest is better but the selection of beers is alot larger at the flying saucer.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:12 AM
RioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up I'm down for Blue Bonnet

Breweries would be nice but can't afford a DWI, impound, lawyer fees, probation, plus my license suspended. NO fun, no thanks Breweries. I say BB check out their link PLUS their prices are very reasonable.

http://www.bluebonnetcafe.net/menu/

Plus PIE Happy Hour but only on M-F!!! We'll get buzzed on Pies heck maybe a pie eating contest? Can't wait but will have to prep my stomach for lots of pies.

carlos

Last edited by RioGrandeValley; 09-12-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by RioGrandeValley
Breweries would be nice but can't afford a DWI, impound, lawyer fees, probation, plus my license suspended. NO fun, no thanks Breweries. I say BB check out their link PLUS their prices are very reasonable.

Plus PIE Happy Hour but only on M-F!!! We'll get buzzed on Pies heck maybe a pie eating contest? Can't wait but will have to prep my stomach for lots of pies.

carlos

going to a restaurant with an in house brewery doesn't entitle getting soused....

Old 09-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RioGrandeValley

carlos

got 2 more votes for the BB so that settles it. lunch will be at Blue Bonnet Cafe

Old 09-12-2009, 07:57 PM
RioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura about
Lets hope Sept. 26 isn't raining like this. Staying in tonight having a Martini to relax my baby is in the garage asleep as it has been the past few days due to rain. Can we rewind back to June and start summer all over again??? Anyone else staying in tonight?

carlos

Old 09-25-2009, 10:11 AM
AdamW81 will become famous soon enoughAdamW81 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Have fun guys and make sure to post up some pics! I'd love to get back in the action next month if the weather is still nice.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:30 AM
make sure to let me know once you guys are in town. My number is seven one three three eight five six three seven four.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by uracowman
make sure to let me know once you guys are in town. My number is seven one three three eight five six three seven four.
the 26th has proven difficult for many to free up for this drive. with the new baby, iv been a bit busy myself although i do have tomorrow free and am ready to go.

so,... we might move this drive to another date or have a shorter trek for tomorrow or go thru with the original plans.

im going to make some phone calls tonight to see where we are.

Last edited by Bara; 09-25-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:40 PM
guessing this didnt go down?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:19 AM
tx08sti is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uracowman
guessing this didnt go down?
It was Bara and I...what a day trip! We logged over 500 miles taking the scenic route south (not 35). Weather was beautiful, traffic was light and spirited driving was to die for. Next time, we need a few more driving enthusiasts to join in on the fun.

We arrived in Austin a little late, great seeing people out and about enjoying the UT post game festivities.

Bara, thanks for sticking to your plans...Enjoyed the drive.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:58 AM
tx08sti is on a distinguished road
Austin pics

Don't miss the next one

Attached Images