DFW to Austin drive Saturday September 26th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
DFW to Austin drive Saturday September 26th

What: DFW to Austin drive
When: Saturday August 26th
Meeting Point: http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9eXAuNj...OTkxOTQ3ODE3Mw==
Meet time: 8 am
Lunch @ Blue Bonnet Cafe
Menu: http://www.bluebonnetcafe.net/files/...etcafemenu.pdf
Return time: late afternoon

this is a DFW to Austin for lunch and back to DFW drive. open to 10 cars. this will be a little more low key than the shorter drives we have had in the past. i drove this route 3 months ago with the wife and we made it back in 8 hours.

this is a longer, adventurous type of drive with some nice scenic twisties through hill country approching Austin.

i didnt expect to make a post about this but there were some cancellations due to scheduling conflicts and several spots are open. pm or post if you are confirmed to attend.

i am open to suggestions for a lunch spot or if Austin 6speeders want to meet up for lunch

List:
1.Bara
2.Alexcwt
3.Frank
4.RioGrandeValley
5.MW
6.tx08sti

Last edited by Bara; 09-12-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:56 PM
uracowman will become famous soon enough
Hit me up once you guys get into town.

If you want a great place to eat lunch at, you can't dispute the Salt Lick. The Food Network and the Travel Channel has dubbed it probably the best barbeque in the world and it is damn worth the money.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
will keep that in mind, thanks. do you have any suggestions for resturants other than BBQ?

Old 09-01-2009, 03:17 PM
dangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to behold
I really wanted to go, but that's the same day as Cars and Coffee and I've yet to make it to one of those. Have fun gents ~

Roy

Old 09-01-2009, 03:40 PM
RioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura about
Cooler weather perhaps? Have heard about some really nice scenery and twists out there so looking forward to this one. Going solo on this run so if anybody cares to CO-Pilot in a lowly E90 BMW hit me up. 1 person only though my car don't do back seat passengers and can meet in Las Colinas area or at the TBA location.

Adios
carlos

Old 09-01-2009, 04:06 PM
beautiful scenery and extended twisties but there is a freeway portion we have to get through first which i dont mind 1 bit ^^

Old 09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
SAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura about
A few suggestions:

The Oasis ( Northwest Austin off the lake )

Blue Bonnet cafe in Marble Falls ( 281 / 1431 )

Mighty Fine Burgers ( Several locations )

Old 09-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by SAFE4NOW
A few suggestions:

food at the oasis is terrible. You pay for the view and nothing else but if you guys are interested in Mexican, there is always Abuelos. If you guys wanted something a bit more upscale, we would need to head into downtown.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by SAFE4NOW
A few suggestions:

appreciate that Steve. the first 2 spots are actually on our route!! do you have a favorite?

Old 09-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by uracowman
food at the oasis is terrible. You pay for the view and nothing else but if you guys are interested in Mexican, there is always Abuelos. If you guys wanted something a bit more upscale, we would need to head into downtown.
noted thanks. whats in downtown?

i do like the Marbles Falls suggestion but wonder if it might be too soon time wise for lunch ...

Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Bara
noted thanks. whats in downtown?

i do like the Marbles Falls suggestion but wonder if it might be too soon time wise for lunch ...
Downtown has alot of tapas type bars along 6th. There are always staples like trulucks, fogo de chao, pf changs ect. Just tell me what you folks want and I will try to make a recommendation but if I were you, going to the salt lick should be a priority. I didn't think a barbeque place should of had so much hype until I actually tried their food. It is like a spiritual meditation when you put their food into your mouth.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:40 PM
dlaw300z is on a distinguished road
I would go down to the stadium and walk around getting tailgate food and enjoy the scenery. That's where you'll find me.

Letting us know what kind of food you feel like would be useful. Threadgills has some pretty good home cooking and burgers and it's centrally located with a parking lot. Hula Hut is good too and is on Lake Austin. There is a parking lot there as well.

Salt Lick is good but it's also a good 20-30 minutes on the opposite side of town from where you're coming from. I would also highly recommend County Line which is more centrally located and still very good if you're looking for BBQ.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Imaj is on a distinguished road
I remember an awesome deli downtown. It is a jewish New York style deli. Not sure of the name.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Imaj
I remember an awesome deli downtown. It is a jewish New York style deli. Not sure of the name.
Katz's?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:20 PM
dlaw300z is on a distinguished road
He's thinking of Katz's on W. 6th.

One final suggestion. If you want to go downtown where you will have to valet or find a lot or park on the street, I recommend Moonshine. It can accommodate a good size group with indoor and outdoor seating, they have good variety so everyone should be able to find something they like and the food is damn good! It's behind the Hilton/Convention Center around 3rd and Red River.

I hope ya'll have a good time. I would join, but it's hard to pull me away from football.

Last edited by dlaw300z; 09-01-2009 at 09:28 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DFW to Austin drive Saturday September 26th