Taycan (Mission e) Deposits?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 08:15 PM
BlackBeard is an unknown quantity at this point
Taycan (Mission e) Deposits?

Just placed a deposit

Anyone else ready to be the guinea pig? We need to get a Mission e subforum started

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mission e front.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	514613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mission E rear.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	856.0 KB
ID:	514614  

Last edited by BlackBeard; 10-19-2017 at 10:55 PM. Reason: ;]
Old 10-20-2017, 05:53 AM
Airportrat has a spectacular aura aboutAirportrat has a spectacular aura about
I am getting excited about this one.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Westcoast M5 is on a distinguished road
Yup, I put my deposit down about a month ago. This will replace my Tesla....

Old 10-25-2017, 09:03 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
No thanks...

Old 10-25-2017, 04:10 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Thumbs up

I think they finally got the proportions right!

Not for me, but definitely Kool...

Old 11-01-2017, 03:17 PM
Gus_Smedstad is on a distinguished road
I liked the look of the Mission E Concept, but of course it was a concept car and those are usually funky looking. It's clear the actual production car is going to be an awful lot like the Panamera. I owned a Panamera SeH for 18 months, and I was just never happy with the overall size, styling, rear visibility, and just overall station wagon feel of the car.

I'll still look at it when it hits the dealerships, but I suspect it will still be too long for me, and than the sitting position will be rather high and upright compared to the 911 or Cayman.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:46 PM
dbh
dbh is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I'll pass for now. Maybe in another 15-20 years when all you'll be able to get is e-powered.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Electric power itself is fine. If you're not hung up on "vroom vroom" noises, there's nothing quite like full torque at zero RPM.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:40 PM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
When I’m ready for just one car, I’ll by this. Right now i3 and 911.2.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:54 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
I'm keeping my Tesla 90D because there are free superchargers everywhere near where I live and where I travel to most when I take day trips - San Diego, Central CA, and even Las Vegas.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:15 PM
The Supercharger network is a huge benefit for Tesla owners. Absent any similar nationwide fast charging network, or an agreement whereby Mission E cars can use the Superchargers, the Mission E (or any other battery-only EV) becomes something you can only use locally. While there are a lot of level-2 chargers out there, the 6.6kW or so top limit on most of them is only useful for overnight charging, since you only gain about 7-8 miles of range per hour at that charge rate.

I'm not sure that alone would preclude me from buying one, if it were otherwise a near-911 electric in driving experience, since I have a second car. But it would certain weigh on my mind.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:38 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
No Forum here for the 'E'.....lots of stuff over on Rennlist though.
But I understand....the 'E' will not be a 6Speed

Old 12-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Clearly my manual transmission 991 isn't welcome here either, since it's a 7 speed.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:01 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
The Supercharger network is a huge benefit for Tesla owners. Absent any similar nationwide fast charging network, or an agreement whereby Mission E cars can use the Superchargers, the Mission E (or any other battery-only EV) becomes something you can only use locally.
Gus.....I do not know anything yet on E cars, however.....in all that I've read from time-to-time on the 'E' I do recall that they had mad provisions for the 'E' to utilize existing charge stations.......could be wrong. Obviously the home mat or plug would be optimum until a network is established.
Anyway....if it's 200 range from my garage I'm fine w/that.....have other Pcars for the distance .

Old 12-29-2017, 03:08 PM
Of course it will use J1772 chargers. That's not the issue. The problem is that almost all chargers except the Supercharger network are relatively low power and thus take 10+ hours to restore 200 miles of range.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Taycan (Mission e) Deposits?